Kaepernick says SF different team now

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
warden":hcsn2pin said:
Dree Brees said they were different too

Well if the Niners lose by less this time just like the Saints did, I'm cool with that.

Polaris

Reaction score
willyum":2xa998ng said:
their offense put up more yards and a lot more first downs against a better Carolina defense while on the road than the Seahawks did yesterday, Seattles offense had some spark early on with Percy but after he left it was pretty disappointing. And way too many big run plays given up to the Saints, passing team, gotta shore that up.

There are factors I think you may be overlooking. That game in Carolina was done under nearly perfect conditions (emphatically not true for ours) which allowed both sides to pass freely. Moreover while the Panthers defense is really really good, their secondary is really pretty average......average+ at best. The Panthers can be had with the deep pass.

I dare San Fran to try those passes against our secondary.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Seemed to me if the Panthers didn't blitz Kaepernick would fine open receivers. They were blitzing and having success early but seemed to back off it. On the long pass to Boldin, based on the corner's reaction I am guessing Quinton Michael's replacement blew the coverage. Every time the Niners completed someting over 10 yards into the middle I kept thinking "Earl needs to get to those next week"

A

Anonymous

Carolina failed to contain Frank Gore who had 4,9 avg. yards. That's too much.

For me, you take away - or at least contain Frank Gore - and you make Kaepernick throw and put points on the board. He often throws to his first read - starring him down. When he doesn't he often makes bad throws to his second read or he takes off. Or at least tries to. He's bad if coverage on his first read is good. That's when he makes mistakes. And he will make mistakes, but it's essential that Hawks take away their running game for it to happen. And that has nothing to do with Crabtree.

That could also give us some turnovers and excellent field position. And it could make it a bit easier on our offense, where it's really, really important to get Lynch going.

Every time I think, that niners are the in form-team, I simple think about Kaepernick. That cheers me up, because he has played really, really bad in Seattle.

Long may it continue.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
They had all their key components in week 16 last year

Seahawks won 42-13

Bring it Whiners!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Okaay, so are we so what is his point again? Boldin 8/136? Are you kidding? He will be erased as usual by anyone with an actual secondary... what? We have that? Amazing!

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
I think the niners have hit their stride. Which should be a cause for concern for any hawks fan. This will not be a blow out by any means if harbaughs whiny ass mouth has anything to do with killing a drive

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2h3vr8vv said:
Okaay, so are we so what is his point again?

Exactly, it isn't like we have sat on our ass saying "well fellas I reckon that's good enough"! :34853_doh:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
They will play us tough, yes. And yes they are playing well right now. But the 8 in a row means squat. Hawks had won 6 or 7 in a row going into Atlanta last year. Denver had won something like 11 in a row last year. You could just as easily say, like our loss to Arizona ending our home streak, that the law of averages says their due.

I am already getting annoyed by all the Niner fans around me up here (Calgary)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
When you like your first read as much as Kaepernick does, Crabtree is a key component. If our offense doesn't improve at least somewhat, we are losing this game. I feel good about our chances, but we are not spanking them again, just like we didn't spank the Saints again.

willyum

Reaction score
Polaris":3cgn4laq said:
willyum":3cgn4laq said:
their offense put up more yards and a lot more first downs against a better Carolina defense while on the road than the Seahawks did yesterday, Seattles offense had some spark early on with Percy but after he left it was pretty disappointing. And way too many big run plays given up to the Saints, passing team, gotta shore that up.

There are factors I think you may be overlooking. That game in Carolina was done under nearly perfect conditions (emphatically not true for ours) which allowed both sides to pass freely. Moreover while the Panthers defense is really really good, their secondary is really pretty average......average+ at best. The Panthers can be had with the deep pass.

I dare San Fran to try those passes against our secondary.

good points

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Danish Hawk":1qyv4d2m said:

TBF though take out that one 4th quarter run (oddly the same play --and same juke on the one-high safety-- that sealed the Hawks game at Candlestick) and for the rest of the game he averaged 2.8 ypc.

Take out those two runs and the effective game against the Falcons' awful run defense, and Gore has really struggled for over two months now (since Week 10). It's a combination of struggling in the run blocking, and Gore having just really run down at this point. He'd lost a step or two in his straight line speed in the past couple years, but that never really mattered in his game that much anyway. In the latter half of this season he has lost his lateral quickness and some of his power. Kind of sad to watch actually, as his vision and patience (which have ALWAYS been his strongest assets) are still there, but he just can't to where he's trying to go anymore. He just looks tired.

In any case, long way to say that aside from that one long run, I think Carolina did a good job containing him, and that's partially him just being in decline too. I expect the Hawks rush D to come out better than it did against the Saints, but coming out like they did against the Saints might be the 9ers only shot of really establishing the run game next week (and as we already know, Kap only runs on Green Bay :) ).

nategreat

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":35sk7v8x said:
When you like your first read as much as Kaepernick does, Crabtree is a key component. If our offense doesn't improve at least somewhat, we are losing this game. I feel good about our chances, but we are not spanking them again, just like we didn't spank the Saints again.

Well, if you are a one-read QB like many say Kaepernick has often times been, and your first read is covered very well throughout the game by a good secondary such as the Hawks, then it could actually be a benefit to us.

It will prolong his throws, waiting for Crabtree to get open. And if he is not open, he may just try and throw it into tight coverage anyway. We shall see.

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
The way I see it when we played the niners at San Fran, our passing offense had that stagnant dysfunctionality. We still kept it competitive and only lost by two. All we really need is for our offense to play slightly better and we will take care of them at home. They play worse here

willyum

Reaction score
Popeyejones":j4hfmp4r said:
Danish Hawk":j4hfmp4r said:

TBF though take out that one 4th quarter run (oddly the same play --and same juke on the one-high safety-- that sealed the Hawks game at Candlestick) and for the rest of the game he averaged 2.8 ypc.

Take out those two runs and the effective game against the Falcons' awful run defense, and Gore has really struggled for over two months now (since Week 10). It's a combination of struggling in the run blocking, and Gore having just really run down at this point. He'd lost a step or two in his straight line speed in the past couple years, but that never really mattered in his game that much anyway. In the latter half of this season he has lost his lateral quickness and some of his power. Kind of sad to watch actually, as his vision and patience (which have ALWAYS been his strongest assets) are still there, but he just can't to where he's trying to go anymore. He just looks tired.

In any case, long way to say that aside from that one long run, I think Carolina did a good job containing him, and that's partially him just being in decline too. I expect the Hawks rush D to come out better than it did against the Saints, but coming out like they did against the Saints might be the 9ers only shot of really establishing the run game next week (and as we already know, Kap only runs on Green Bay :) ).

yeah, that ATL game and the Tampa game before that padded his stats a good bit. Once week 17 came against a good ARI run D, he averged 1.1 yards per carry on 13 carries: 14 yards. I agree he does look like he lost a step, but it was expected. He was never a breakaway speed back though, but he does seem less agile and we definitely wont see him trucking people like he used to do. But Gore is still one of the smartest backs, is clutch as hell, and the best pass blocking back, (Lynch a close 2nd, imo).

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
nategreat":2tf1x9ju said:
RolandDeschain":2tf1x9ju said:

Well, if you are a one-read QB like many say Kaepernick has often times been, and your first read is covered very well throughout the game by a good secondary such as the Hawks, then it could actually be a benefit to us.

It will prolong his throws, waiting for Crabtree to get open. And if he is not open, he may just try and throw it into tight coverage anyway. We shall see.
If they're smart, they will just send Crabtree over the middle all day. Our linebackers are good in coverage overall, but they are not like Sherman & Maxwell.