Justin Britt is a good center

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfan515":39j11ilp said:
Surprisingly, we haven't seem to have any snap issues with Britt. I remember us having snap issues with Nowak and Lewis, so this is definitely a surprise since Britt is new to the position.
Heck we had bad snaps with Unger. Britt has been cash money so far.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Surprised nobody has yet pointed out Pete's interview where he talks about originally drafting Britt as a center and then thinking about moving him to center again last off-season. They knew he was going to be raw at RT coming out of a spread offense in college. Need trumps planning sometimes though, and even though he's just now being played at center it was always Plan A.

Height isn't all bad for centers because it correlates with arm length. Pad level is a slight disadvantage but it's not like Russ could see easily over a 6'2" center either so we may as well just go big there; longer arms at center is an advantage for the rest of the line. Lining up a couple of inches back translates into slightly longer times to react when pass blocking and slightly more momentum when run blocking.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":azajxbaw said:
hawksfan515":azajxbaw said:
Surprisingly, we haven't seem to have any snap issues with Britt. I remember us having snap issues with Nowak and Lewis, so this is definitely a surprise since Britt is new to the position.
Heck we had bad snaps with Unger. Britt has been cash money so far.
It's a possible sign of an 'intelligence' upgrade, over Novak and Lewis. That, and RW has complimented Britt's ability to get in sync when he hears protection changes being called.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I feel that many people are still cautiously underselling him by describing his play as 'solid.' I place his current play among centers in the top 1/3 of the league. Think about how he's done against the D's he's faced and the steady improvement on top of that.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Not sure I agree with 'literally on his last legs.' If they originally projected him at Center, then they were far from giving up on him.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Latest posts