Johnny Football knows what's up

bigcc

Reaction score
45Hawker":2wcsxjan said:
I doubt Manziel goes in the first round. Besides height, he hardly compares to Russel Wilson. Wilson has a 6-3 wingspan, a high release, and plays with poise. Johnny plays sandlot ball. He's an exciting football player that makes plays, but I don't see it translating to a 1st round pick.

You're insane if you think the cards wouldn't take him. He's have Palmer and Fitz to learn under, and wouldn't be thrown into the fire for at least a season.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Guardian":1r262zk1 said:
Saying he can succeed because Russell succeeded is crap. They're physically similarish, but complete opposites mentally. Wilson succeeds because he prepares like Peyton. If Manziel wants to do well in the NFL, he'll need to work harder. I still see a bust.
This and JM likes to run too much ,I think he is smaller than RW..He will end up like RG3...A lot of great CF players do not make good NFL players..I feel he is one of those..

lobohawk

Reaction score
I've heard JM described as Favre-like, without the size. Sounds like a fair description. Early Favre was bit of a gunslinger w/out the discipline to be a good pocket passer. The question will be if JM has the work ethic to refine his game and become more disciplined. Avoid depending on free-wheeling playmaking.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think Manziel's comments are a red flag that he doesn't quite get it.

Saying that Russell knocked the door down for shorter QB's like him without mentioning Wilson's tireless leadership, preparation and work ethic tells me that Manziel thinks all it takes to be a dynamic shorter QB is athletic ability to scramble and make plays.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Johnny Football just measured 5' 11" at the combine But they say that's ok because he has big hands.... yep heard that before right.

willyum

Reaction score
brimsalabim":c6ufg8wr said:
Johnny Football just measured 5' 11" at the combine But they say that's ok because he has big hands.... yep heard that before right.
dumbas s commenter saying there is "no way Wilson has a better arm than Manziel" made me laugh so hard

two 5'11" quarterbacks, one has the mindset of Peyton Manning, the other has the mindset of Rob Gronkowski. I think Gronk's great, but that attitude on your franchise QB? no thanks

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2vvsutwc said:
I think Manziel's comments are a red flag that he doesn't quite get it.

Saying that Russell knocked the door down for shorter QB's like him without mentioning Wilson's tireless leadership, preparation and work ethic tells me that Manziel thinks all it takes to be a dynamic shorter QB is athletic ability to scramble and make plays.

I agree. When he gets into the NFL and every player is so much bigger and quicker, his athletic skill will not be enough. Tireless film study, complete dedication and the ability to lead veterans has to be earned.

I am interested to see how the kid does. If I was a fan of the bottom feeder that gets him I would no doubt be excited, but scared to death that he is too arrogant to really get it all together.

I would love to hear Kearly's comparison. He knew everything about Wilson coming out of college, I wonder how he projects Manziel.

warden

Reaction score
Guardian":2avlcru3 said:
Saying he can succeed because Russell succeeded is crap. They're physically similarish, but complete opposites mentally. Wilson succeeds because he prepares like Peyton. If Manziel wants to do well in the NFL, he'll need to work harder. I still see a bust.

I see a bust too.

I don't think he can handle the money. He has already got in trouble in college for selling his autograph, gets suspended and when he comes back from that suspension he gives a cash sign when he makes a big play. He just seems like he will be more concerned with what kind of car he is going to buy, and the life style that money will provide then film studies.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
kearly":aq4rbusk said:
I've probably read 20 people stating the opinion that Manziel's work ethic sucks, but I have yet to see or hear a single piece of meaningful evidence to support that claim. I guess a sub 6'0", 200 pound QB obviously had everything handed to him on a platter right? Sounds about as smart as people who say Russell Wilson is the same as Joe Flacco because he has a good team around him.

Also, where does this "lack of respect for authority" meme come from? Has he been arrested? Mouthed off to coaches? Or do people just not like him because he lives a flashy lifestyle?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
warden":22myua8f said:
Guardian":22myua8f said:

I see a bust too.

I don't think he can handle the money. He has already got in trouble in college for selling his autograph, gets suspended and when he comes back from that suspension he gives a cash sign when he makes a big play. He just seems like he will be more concerned with what kind of car he is going to buy, and the life style that money will provide then film studies.

Warden he is already filthy filthy rich. His grandfather is an oil and gas billionaire. If he can't handle himself it's not becasue of new money it's becasue of ego and want to.

warden

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2k8vja9m said:
warden":2k8vja9m said:
Guardian":2k8vja9m said:

I see a bust too.

Warden he is already filthy filthy rich. His grandfather is an oil and gas billionaire. If he can't handle himself it's not becasue of new money it's becasue of ego and want to.

Thanks for the info, so why does he need to charge fans for signing autographs that caused him to get in a whole lot of trouble with College system?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
That's the part no one could figure out. It's been speculated that he did it for friends or relatives. The kid is dificult to figure out off the foot ball field.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3150b9yq said:
This and JM likes to run too much ,I think he is smaller than RW..He will end up like RG3...A lot of great CF players do not make good NFL players..I feel he is one of those..

What is likes to run too much mean? When he did run, was it a smart decision, did he have success? What caused the run, coverage, breakdown of line?

Did he make any improvement from fresh to soph year in that area?

Why would you think he is smaller?

NFL combines:

Wilson - 5'10'5/8ths - 204

Manziel - 5'11"3/4ths - 207

Marvin49

Reaction score
Guardian":33t7tans said:

Physically, Manziel reminds me much more of Jeff Garcia than Russell Wilson.

Smellyman

Reaction score
willyum":1xtnan4a said:
brimsalabim":1xtnan4a said:
dumbas s commenter saying there is "no way Wilson has a better arm than Manziel" made me laugh so hard

two 5'11" quarterbacks, one has the mindset of Peyton Manning, the other has the mindset of Rob Gronkowski. I think Gronk's great, but that attitude on your franchise QB? no thanks

Who said that? RW's arm is light years better....

A

Anonymous

You know, I heard Chuck Norris once asked Johnny Manziel if he could spar with him...

Johnny turned him down.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
settle down there Tex. I expect Johnnie will do just fine. I wasn't attempting to bring him down at all. I just think it's funny that guys like Jerry Angelo who down grade Russell because of his size have no trouble getting behind the similarly sized Johnny Manziel.

HawkWow

Reaction score
DTexHawk":2xxh42j3 said:
IndyHawk":2xxh42j3 said:

What is likes to run too much mean? When he did run, was it a smart decision, did he have success? What caused the run, coverage, breakdown of line?

Did he make any improvement from fresh to soph year in that area?

Why would you think he is smaller?

NFL combines:

Wilson - 5'10'5/8ths - 204

Manziel - 5'11"3/4ths - 207

Vanilla Wilson

Latest posts