Jamie Collins, the Russell Wilson eraser

jake206

Reaction score
Collins is going to have his hands full with the Jamie Collins eraser, Marshawn Lynch.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2s2zucu5 said:
Laloosh":2s2zucu5 said:
50yrpatsfan":2s2zucu5 said:
hawknation2015":2s2zucu5 said:
Marshawn Lynch is the Jamie Collins eraser.

Collins was getting absolutely manhandled in the running game against the Ravens. If he continues to have issues shedding blocks and taking correct angles, Beast Mode is going to make Collins look foolish once again.

The Ravens offense is so far superior to Seattle's. They have a top QB, top RB, and very good receivers. NE had threats on every level to contend with.

Seattle has the RB and a QB that can run. NE will not respect the Seahawks passing game and focus resources on the run. Belichick has a pretty good history taking that away when the risk is not too great, which it isn't in this case. Wilson will have to beat us with his arm.

That Ravens RB, is a former Seahawk... and one of Lynch's good friends. We know quite a bit about 'em. The question however, is this: What do you have to support your claim? Do you even look at stats? You've demonstrated that you don't watch our team, just curious if you're even bothering to rely on stats since you can't seem to provide anything beyond general knowledge of teams in your division and the occasional bald eagle analogy.

I'm pretty confident in saying that Seattle's offense this week will depend on Wilson's passing performance, it won't be Lynch and a running QB going off. Humor me a little and explain how Wilson is going to complete 65% of his passes for 280 yards against Revis, Browner, and company. Having a little trouble picturing that after that performance against GB.

Watching how they rolled up over 600 yards on a better Cardinal defense might help you with that.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2miydlj7 said:
Hasselbeck":2miydlj7 said:
kearly":2miydlj7 said:
Surprised that a Pats fan never bothered to point that out. That in those losses those mobile QBs didn't run with success. I guess it's because they didn't have the heart to sift through the wreckage of those three ass kicking losses.

You know Patriot fans don't do very well with facts

Here's the distilled version of this thread:

Pats fan assertion: Collins is a beast, and the Hawks offense is pretty weak.

Hawks fans replies: Our defense is fast and mean! And the NFC West defenses are fast and mean too!
And the point goes right over this Pats fans head.
Maybe you should have someone read this stuff to you reeeeeeeaaaaal slllllllooooow, or maybe go and take a class on reading comprehension :stirthepot:

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Or he could just go back and reread all the pregame threads posted by Broncos' fans, Packers' fans, Broncos' again, Niners', Cards', Eagles', Panthers (insert other random team fans here) . They're all the same...

Funny,,,all the same after those games too.

Laloosh

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1d1sdklg said:
Laloosh":1d1sdklg said:
50yrpatsfan":1d1sdklg said:
hawknation2015":1d1sdklg said:
Marshawn Lynch is the Jamie Collins eraser.

Collins was getting absolutely manhandled in the running game against the Ravens. If he continues to have issues shedding blocks and taking correct angles, Beast Mode is going to make Collins look foolish once again.

The Ravens offense is so far superior to Seattle's. They have a top QB, top RB, and very good receivers. NE had threats on every level to contend with.

Seattle has the RB and a QB that can run. NE will not respect the Seahawks passing game and focus resources on the run. Belichick has a pretty good history taking that away when the risk is not too great, which it isn't in this case. Wilson will have to beat us with his arm.

That Ravens RB, is a former Seahawk... and one of Lynch's good friends. We know quite a bit about 'em. The question however, is this: What do you have to support your claim? Do you even look at stats? You've demonstrated that you don't watch our team, just curious if you're even bothering to rely on stats since you can't seem to provide anything beyond general knowledge of teams in your division and the occasional bald eagle analogy.

I'm pretty confident in saying that Seattle's offense this week will depend on Wilson's passing performance, it won't be Lynch and a running QB going off. Humor me a little and explain how Wilson is going to complete 65% of his passes for 280 yards against Revis, Browner, and company. Having a little trouble picturing that after that performance against GB.

Well, Aaron Rodgers managed to bang out about 350 yards on your defense in week 13 and Russell threw for more than he did in his *worst game, ever*. Sounds like you have literally watched one SEA game this year and it was the NFCC. Is that true?

BTW - you contradict yourself. You don't care about yards but for some reason it's your measuring stick for how RW has to win the super bowl. I'd say that the chance of RW throwing for 280+ in the SB is slim. He might have around 180-220 passing and 50+ on the ground though. Funny part is, even with 180 through the air, he might have three passing TDs.

Also, the question was how you come to the conclusion that Baltimore's offense is "far superior" to Seattle's. Looking forward to that explanation.

Oh, and DVOA rankings are what I provided, not yardage.

CPHawk

Reaction score
It's funny to me, the pats D is the worst D we have played in two months. I can't wait for this game to get underway, Pete will have the team ready.

Mick063

Reaction score
jake206":30c62uei said:
Collins is going to have his hands full with the Jamie Collins eraser, Marshawn Lynch.

Collins will find out real quick that he needs help bringing down the beast.

The Patriots better come prepared to gang tackle. A couple misdirection plays later and Wilson is running free off the edge. They are not used to seeing the read option run so effectively. They will likely make some effective in game adjustments to stop it but then Wilson will pull a bootleg pass to Willson off the read option look and completely blow their minds.

We have seen this movie before.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3ihu6doe said:

It's the "and company" that you are dramatically overestimating. You make it sound like your pass defense is better than Green Bay's.

Green Bay is 7th in opponent QB rating (82.1), while New England is 10th (84.0).

Green Bay is 10th in passing yards allowed (226), while New England is 12th (240).

Green Bay is 11th in passing yards per attempt (6.9), while New England is 15th (7.2).

In fact, there is not a single stat related to pass defense that New England is superior in (DVOA, TDs allowed, INTs, sacks, etc.).

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
[/quote]

I'm pretty confident in saying that Seattle's offense this week will depend on Wilson's passing performance, it won't be Lynch and a running QB going off. Humor me a little and explain how Wilson is going to complete 65% of his passes for 280 yards against Revis, Browner, and company. Having a little trouble picturing that after that performance against GB.[/quote]

Won't be Lynch? By that am I to conclude that you think the Pats have an answer for him? :oops:

As others have mentioned it appears you have watched but a single game of ours to arrive at your conclusion that one young LB will be enough? That would be a mistake.

Lastly your comment about how Wilson is going to do his thing against your group. My answer is that for two years he faced a secondary in practice, every day, that not only included BB, but also a better(imho) bookend in Sherman. And you damn sure got nothing comparable to our safety combo. So I suppose my answer is that Russell has prepared for this day his whole career!

BTW Kearly I second your Barwin comparison!

tailgater

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":28rx97am said:
Or he could just go back and reread all the pregame threads posted by Broncos' fans, Packers' fans, Broncos' again, Niners', Cards', Eagles', Panthers (insert other random team fans here) . They're all the same...

Funny,,,all the same after those games too.

I feel for you. Pat fans have been saying the same for 15yrs. Gosh, are we spoiled or what?

tailgater

Reaction score
Watching how they rolled up over 600 yards on a better Cardinal defense might help you with that.[/quote]

Not hard to do when the D was on the field the entire game, with AZ playing with a 3rd / 4th string qb that shouldn't even be in the NFL.

Pats held GB to 26 in GB, where they'd been scoring close to 50 ppg at home. SEA gave up 22 at home in the biggest game of the season to date. If their team didn't have a total collapse, this board would be empty right now.

marko358

Reaction score
tailgater":1cv8i1o1 said:
Not hard to do when the D was on the field the entire game, with AZ playing with a 3rd / 4th string qb that shouldn't even be in the NFL.

Pats held GB to 26 in GB, where they'd been scoring close to 50 ppg at home. SEA gave up 22 at home in the biggest game of the season to date. If their team didn't have a total collapse, this board would be empty right now.

Well that's it everyone. Shut the site down. Game over. He's on to us. We certainly have no chance of winning especially after this masterful retort.

Kudos to the Bill Belichik of message boards.

Laloosh

Reaction score
tailgater":1xewnl6k said:
Watching how they rolled up over 600 yards on a better Cardinal defense might help you with that.

Lol, gave up 22 at home... 5 field goals as a result of likely the best starting field position they'd had all year. You're being lazy.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":34lyhkz7 said:
DavidSeven":34lyhkz7 said:
Prisco isn't an analyst. He uses preschool X&Os littered with confirmation bias to hide the fact he's a huge Cardinals fanboy. Not to take away from Collins, but Seattle has played better linebackers and had success.

They haven't played anyone like Collins because there isn't anyone like him. His range and quickness are ridiculous, but his biggest thing is that when it's him and the runner in space, that guy is going down.
You obviously know nothing about the Linebackers that Russell Wilson and the Seahawks offense go against every day in practice. Faster, bigger, stronger. Do your homework before you bring that weak-ass crap in here son.

jake206

Reaction score
I've brought this up before: They still haven't proven that they can stop a top flight running game. Ravens RB Justin Forsett had a field day against this Patriots front 7. Colts have no real running game...so not really a true test. Hawks will have strong success of handing off to Beast. Just gotta stay with it.

dukestar

Reaction score
Hall of Fame QB Warren Moon disagrees with you. He stated on ESPN radio that the two throws Russell threw for picks (not the two that bounced off the receiver's hands) were bad throws, not bad decisions. Both needed more mustard on them because of the high wind conditions.
This. 2 ints were on Kearse, he should've had them. The other 2 were severely effected by the conditions. Also, the 2 point conversion was successful due to the wind. HaHa realized that the when he was about to jump for the ball that the wind had moved it. Seahawks Saturday had a shot that I haven't seen anywhere else. It was from the side of the field where Wilson threw it from. As the ball started to come down in the last 20 feet or so the wind moved it almost a yard and a half. This is what messed HaHa up and why he looked so feeble defending it. It almost fooled Willson as well and caused him to juggle it before securing it. People don't realize that the condition in the NFCCG were brutal and had more to do with the ints than Wilson's decision making. This won't be an issue in the SB.

Chawker

Reaction score
Russ took Clay Matthews best shot, now if that was Tom Brady......he'd need some air bags, properly inflated of coares. BOOM! LMAO

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2esyteh7 said:
Hawks fans replies: Our defense is fast and mean! And the NFC West defenses are fast and mean too!

That's a certifiable fact -- F-A-C-T. There's not any debate about that whatsoever. Anyone who watches this division with any consistency will tell you that the defenses of the NFC West (from top to bottom) are ALL fast and downright nasty. Yes, absolutely.

In fact, coming in to this season, the NFC West was being looked by many as the top defensive division in the league ...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...sive-division-nfc-west-in-a-league-of-its-own

Regardless of whether you want to listen to stats or NFL Experts, the story is the exact same -- the teams of the NFC West are amongst the very top elite defenses in this league. Period.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3uuq03oo said:
50yrpatsfan":3uuq03oo said:

That's a certifiable fact -- F-A-C-T. There's not any debate about that whatsoever. Anyone who watches this division with any consistency will tell you that the defenses of the NFC West (from top to bottom) are ALL fast and downright nasty. Yes, absolutely.

In fact, coming in to this season, the NFC West was being looked by many as the top defensive division in the league ...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...sive-division-nfc-west-in-a-league-of-its-own

Regardless of whether you want to listen to stats or NFL Experts, the story is the exact same -- the teams of the NFC West are amongst the very top elite defenses in this league. Period.

And that proved itself during the season. By weighted DVOA the defenses ranked:

SEA - 1
SF - 5
STL - 6
ARI - 14

We also faced Carolina's defense twice this season and they were 9th.

For reference NE ranked 12.

randomation

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":16x20q5a said:
Boy you guys really like your defense.

Bottom line is that NE's defense is going to limit Wilson and that offense. They are not a terrible offense, but Green Bay exposed them. Most of those INT's were not physical errors on RW's part, but mental errors, he's not understanding what he's seeing. Belichick will capitalize on that big time. Collins is a really nice chess piece in that strategy.

There is a reason for that. Now I'm going to have to assume you didn't actually watch the game since if you had would know a maximum of 2 picks were actually on Russ. Two of them he hit Kearse in the hands. The deep ball appeared to get caught up in the swirls but that could have been on Russ as well, the attempted TD was definitely on Russ he didn't loft the ball enough. However here is what actually matters RW had his worst game ever as a pro and the Hawks still won let that sink in for a minute.

Latest posts