Jamie Collins, the Russell Wilson eraser

kearly

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1egqjqwv said:
I don't understand where this idea comes from at all. We had only one quarter, one, where the Packers were able to put up better stats.

That plus it's just 1 game out of 18 to look at. If Wilson threw 4 picks routinely he would have been benched by week 5 and Seattle probably would have missed the playoffs. It was an insane outlier of a game that was obviously impacted by weather conditions. I guarantee Bill Belichick took very little out of that game when planning for Seattle this week.

marko358

Reaction score
rideaducati":2x2wperq said:
Never heard of him.

You'll hear the announcers mention his name often on Sunday....

"Another missed tackle by Collins"

"Wilson squeezes past Collins for another first down"

"Lynch just ran over Collins right there"

rideaducati

Reaction score
marko358":oyvzfbuy said:
rideaducati":oyvzfbuy said:
Never heard of him.

You'll hear the announcers mention his name often on Sunday....

"Another missed tackle by Collins"

"Wilson squeezes past Collins for another first down"

"Lynch just ran over Collins right there"

I'll make sure to pay attention then.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
kearly":1ml1me2j said:
bigskydoc":1ml1me2j said:
I don't understand where this idea comes from at all. We had only one quarter, one, where the Packers were able to put up better stats.

That plus it's just 1 game out of 18 to look at. If Wilson threw 4 picks routinely he would have been benched by week 5 and Seattle probably would have missed the playoffs. It was an insane outlier of a game that was obviously impacted by weather conditions. I guarantee Bill Belichick took very little out of that game when planning for Seattle this week.

Far be it from me to correct you Kearly ... but that Green Bay game ... was actually 1 game out of 55 to look at. Russell Wilson had NEVER had a day like that in his professional career ever before. He has a career QB Rating of 98.6, throwing a grand total of 82 TD's to only 31 picks (both regular season and post-season combined) over that time, for heaven's sake. How impressive is that? Well, that's a TD/INT ratio of 2.65. Only 2 QB's in the history of the NFL have a better ratio:

All Time NFL Career Passing TD/INT Ratio ...
1) Aaron Rodgers ... 3.96
2) Tom Brady ... 2.74
3) Russell Wilson ... 2.65
4) Peyton Manning ... 2.27
5) Tony Romo ... 2.20
6) Steve Young ... 2.17

Haley's Comet comes around once only every 75 years or so and I would put that performance by Wilson against Green Bay in that category. Don't look for that kind of performance to come around again for a LONGGGGGGGGG Time.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":cy65n6vg said:
kearly":cy65n6vg said:
Jamie Collins is more or less the same kind of player that Conor Barwin was. Remember when the press thought Barwin would shut down Wilson a couple months ago? Yeah, didn't work out so well for them. Collins won't either with his 4.64 speed.

That's not to say Collins isn't good, but if you want to contain Wilson you are going to need Luke Kuechly type speed.

Wilson's ability to run vs. the Patriots slow front seven is the Seahawks biggest edge offensively in this game.

Collins will have no trouble at all bringing down Wilson if it's the 2 of them in the open field. He's like a bald eagle corralling his prey, with an amazing closing burst, huge wingspan, and impossible to juke. He's a bad man out there.
You can't tackle what you can't catch, which is the obvious point you are missing!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2g9b2vg1 said:
Wilson doesn't stiff arm people.

He blesses their foreheads like a televangelist, and they immediately drop to the ground, asleep.
LMAO, post of the month right there! 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1k1p2pic said:
hawknation2015":1k1p2pic said:
Marshawn Lynch is the Jamie Collins eraser.

Collins was getting absolutely manhandled in the running game against the Ravens. If he continues to have issues shedding blocks and taking correct angles, Beast Mode is going to make Collins look foolish once again.

The Ravens offense is so far superior to Seattle's. They have a top QB, top RB, and very good receivers. NE had threats on every level to contend with.

Seattle has the RB and a QB that can run. NE will not respect the Seahawks passing game and focus resources on the run. Belichick has a pretty good history taking that away when the risk is not too great, which it isn't in this case. Wilson will have to beat us with his arm.
Wrong, they like the pats feast on weak AFC completion.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The more I read the patsies trolls, the more confident I get this feeling it is going to be more of the Hawks administering more of an XLVIII ass kicking than a close game.

bobdigital

Reaction score
It would have been nice if that fan posted some thoughts on the article but whatever.

I would agree though that Collins is going to be big this game. He is not strong against the run and him trying to tackle Lynch is not a match up I would like (That is where i think Hightower be a lot better). Collins though is going to probably be seeing a lot of time either shadowing Wilson (the QB) or defending your Wilson (the TE).

With all due respect to the Seahawks D players some of whom are clearly a better player than Collins none of them to me are the pure athlete Collins is. He is going to be asked to do a lot. He can blitz and get after the passer in a hurry too but I don't know if that is going to be part of the game plan as I see this being a big of a more "contain" game plan.

There are going to be a few players from both teams that are going to make game changing plays. I expect Collins to be one of them.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I know it was Wilsons Rookie year and teams have more tape but Wilsons QB rating against the Pats was the 6th highest in his Career including playoffs. Just thought it was interesting.

sc85sis

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":jvodjanr said:
I'm pretty confident in saying that Seattle's offense this week will depend on Wilson's passing performance, it won't be Lynch and a running QB going off. Humor me a little and explain how Wilson is going to complete 65% of his passes for 280 yards against Revis, Browner, and company. Having a little trouble picturing that after that performance against GB.

Do not make the mistake of using an outlier (poor) performance as the primary basis for your opinion.

sc85sis

Reaction score
bobdigital":amzz31jb said:
It would have been nice if that fan posted some thoughts on the article but whatever.

I would agree though that Collins is going to be big this game. He is not strong against the run and him trying to tackle Lynch is not a match up I would like (That is where i think Hightower be a lot better). Collins though is going to probably be seeing a lot of time either shadowing Wilson (the QB) or defending your Wilson (the TE).

With all due respect to the Seahawks D players some of whom are clearly a better player than Collins none of them to me are the pure athlete Collins is. He is going to be asked to do a lot. He can blitz and get after the passer in a hurry too but I don't know if that is going to be part of the game plan as I see this being a big of a more "contain" game plan.

There are going to be a few players from both teams that are going to make game changing plays. I expect Collins to be one of them.

The following is based on Combine results posted on NFL.com.

Collins had a better vertical and long jump than Bruce Irvin, which likely gives him more explosion at the snap. Bruce, however, had better results in the 40 and the lateral drills. This gives him a better chance at chasing guys down during the play. Their height, weight, hand size and arm length measurements are almost identical. Bruce had more reps in the bench press, but I consider that event somewhat worthless as a metric for gauging potential performance unless the results are way below expectation.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Jamie Collins, Patrick Chung, and Rob Ninkovich have all missed double digit tackles against the run this season. Those are three guys I would look for Wilson and Marshawn to exploit.

HansGruber

Reaction score
kearly":4z5oren4 said:
HansGruber":4z5oren4 said:
Jamie Collins has been fantastic this season. Gotta hand it to the guy, he earned me a lot of fantasy points late in the season as an IDP, as well. Paired him up with Lavonte David and racked up insane points.

But, he hasn't played Wilson yet. He has never played anyone like Wilson. Much less, Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch running out of the same backfield.

The OP is just another Denver Broncos fan bragging about an all-time great offense and history of winning. Don't care. Yawn. You bore us. We all know you will be nowhere to be found when your team gets their asses handed to them.

My confidence in a win can be measured by how dumb the visiting trolls are that week. There are plenty of smart Patriots fans in the world, I'm sure. But they aren't on Seahawks forums talking shit right now.

The sad thing is that a lot of these fans were probably around when the Patriots were completely destroyed by the '85 Bears, a team that the present day Seahawks have drawn many comparisons to. Any Pats fan has to ask himself if the 2014 Pats team could beat a modern version of that '85 Bears squad. Hence, the lack of intelligent shit talking this week.

Don't want to count the chicks before they hatch, but...

If the Seahawks beat the Patriots on Sunday, they will be unquestionably the greatest defense of all time. No other great defense like this one has won back to back titles. No other defense has done it in such dominant fashion. The '85 Bears beat the lousy Patriots, who shouldn't even have been in the playoffs that year, and who were quarterbacked by the amazing Tony Easton (?). The 2000 Ravens beat up on the hapless Giants, quarterbacked by Kerry "Career Backup" Collins.

The Seahawks, if they win, will have completely stomped Peyton Manning and the top-scoring offense of all time, almost shutting them out entirely - followed by a victory over Tom Brady. If that happens, it's not even a serious debate anymore. The Seahawks are, without doubt, the greatest defense of all time.

And I think everyone on that defense knows that. Which is why those Patriots shouldn't be out bragging or talking smack. They're about to experience a re-run of 1985.

HansGruber

Reaction score
OH and this dope 5yrOldPatsFan (formerly known as BroncoSpurt) has me cracking up with all this talk about the Seahawks defense not being that good. They're ranked #1 in almost every defensive category by a decent margin. They're fast, young and physically violent. I've never seen a defense like this. They've consistently turned "great" quarterbacks into below-average passers. Dude needs to put down the crack pipe.

Latest posts