Jamie Collins, the Russell Wilson eraser

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I liked Jamie Collins coming out of college. Reminds me of a smaller KJ Wright.

3 of the Pats 4 losses this year came at the hands of QBs ranked in the NFL's top 8 rushing QBs.

Russ is number one in that stat by a huge margin.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Scottemojo":u1zma90x said:
I liked Jamie Collins coming out of college. Reminds me of a smaller KJ Wright.

3 of the Pats 4 losses this year came at the hands of QBs ranked in the NFL's top 8 rushing QBs.

Russ is number one in that stat by a huge margin.

And I don't think any of us would like to see KJ in the open field against a guy like Russell

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I like Collins' game, from what I've seen of it.

I have a hard time imagining him doing a lot of erasing, especially toward 4th quarter after he's been Sweezied repeatedly.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
This Jamie Collins has a face that is just begging for a stiff arm.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Wilson doesn't stiff arm people.

He blesses their foreheads like a televangelist, and they immediately drop to the ground, asleep.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Is it me or have the Pats trolls vanished since word of the smoking ball boy got out?

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":illpm0uk said:

And the 4th loss was Buffalo in week 17 when the Patriots benched starters. So basically all three meaningful losses were to mobile QBs.

Of course, did anyone notice those three QBs combined for only 28 rushing yards combined in those games? Yet each of those teams rushed for 150 to 200 yards.

Surprised that a Pats fan never bothered to point that out. That in those losses those mobile QBs didn't run with success. I guess it's because they didn't have the heart to sift through the wreckage of those three ass kicking losses.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":2ehbxd50 said:
Surprised that a Pats fan never bothered to point that out. That in those losses those mobile QBs didn't run with success. I guess it's because they didn't have the heart to sift through the wreckage of those three ass kicking losses.

You know Patriot fans don't do very well with facts

2_0_6

Reaction score
Everyone is a tough guy in the 1st quarter trying to tackle Lynch. The real prove it time is in the 3rd or 4th quarter when even the best defenders in the league want nothing to do with trying to stop him and give him the old bull fighting ole'.

Collins is a young guy that is a solid player for sure, but he is no "eraser" at this point in his career..

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":fc17l72l said:
kearly":fc17l72l said:

Here's the distilled version of this thread:

Pats fan assertion: Collins is a beast, and the Hawks offense is pretty weak.

Hawks fans replies: Our defense is fast and mean! And the NFC West defenses are fast and mean too!

Laloosh

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2mkvtjy3 said:
Hasselbeck":2mkvtjy3 said:
kearly":2mkvtjy3 said:

Hawks fans replies: Our defense is fast and mean! And the NFC West defenses are fast and mean too!

Followed by quoting random posts to make random points?

Pretty sure Hawks fans have provided actual information to support their assertion that NFCW defenses are "fast" and "mean". Whereas Pats fans have used bald eagle analogies to support theirs.

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2h4oqi7l said:
Marshawn Lynch is the Jamie Collins eraser.

Collins was getting absolutely manhandled in the running game against the Ravens. If he continues to have issues shedding blocks and taking correct angles, Beast Mode is going to make Collins look foolish once again.

The Ravens offense is so far superior to Seattle's. They have a top QB, top RB, and very good receivers. NE had threats on every level to contend with.

Seattle has the RB and a QB that can run. NE will not respect the Seahawks passing game and focus resources on the run. Belichick has a pretty good history taking that away when the risk is not too great, which it isn't in this case. Wilson will have to beat us with his arm.

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Laloosh":257d6d8r said:
50yrpatsfan":257d6d8r said:
Hasselbeck":257d6d8r said:
kearly":257d6d8r said:

Followed by quoting random posts to make random points?

Pretty sure Hawks fans have provided actual information to support their assertion that NFCW defenses are "fast" and "mean". Whereas Pats fans have used bald eagle analogies to support theirs.
yeah but the thread isn't about your defense. But if that's all you got...

marko358

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2mh6h7ok said:
hawknation2015":2mh6h7ok said:

Collins was getting absolutely manhandled in the running game against the Ravens. If he continues to have issues shedding blocks and taking correct angles, Beast Mode is going to make Collins look foolish once again.

The Ravens offense is so far superior to Seattle's. They have a top QB, top RB, and very good receivers. NE had threats on every level to contend with.

Seattle has the RB and a QB that can run. NE will not respect the Seahawks passing game and focus resources on the run. Belichick has a pretty good history taking that away when the risk is not too great, which it isn't in this case. Wilson will have to beat us with his arm.

Your DBs can cover receivers for 7 seconds or more as RW is scrambling around untouched? Good luck with that!

Laloosh

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3rxiiqrb said:
hawknation2015":3rxiiqrb said:

That Ravens RB, is a former Seahawk... and one of Lynch's good friends. We know quite a bit about 'em. The question however, is this: What do you have to support your claim? Do you even look at stats? You've demonstrated that you don't watch our team, just curious if you're even bothering to rely on stats since you can't seem to provide anything beyond general knowledge of teams in your division and the occasional bald eagle analogy.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":38ai7yow said:
hawknation2015":38ai7yow said:

Focusing on the run?:-0 If only other teams would have thought of that lol... And offensive rankings on Seattle and Baltimore are pretty close...You seem to be making up your facts.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":39nbvjv5 said:
50yrpatsfan":39nbvjv5 said:
hawknation2015":39nbvjv5 said:

Focusing on the run?:-0 If only other teams would have thought of that lol... And offensive rankings on Seattle and Baltimore are pretty close...You seem to be making up your facts.

Not sure that I'd go that far... Seattle ranks 1st and 10th respectively in rushing and passing weighted DVOA whereas Baltimore ranks 18th and 6th. But let's not do this guy's homework for him. Let him explain how he came to this conclusion.

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Laloosh":g282g64s said:
Hollandhawk":g282g64s said:
50yrpatsfan":g282g64s said:
hawknation2015":g282g64s said:

Not sure that I'd go that far... Seattle ranks 1st and 10th respectively in rushing and passing weighted DVOA whereas Baltimore ranks 18th and 6th. But let's not do this guy's homework for him. Let him explain how he came to this conclusion.

I pay no attention to stats dealing with yards. It's all about points.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3vb48pte said:
I pay no attention to stats dealing with yards. It's all about points.

:lol:

Of course you don't

Who needs hard evidence anyway, its all about the scoreboard.

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Laloosh":2buzt0yq said:
50yrpatsfan":2buzt0yq said:
hawknation2015":2buzt0yq said:

That Ravens RB, is a former Seahawk... and one of Lynch's good friends. We know quite a bit about 'em. The question however, is this: What do you have to support your claim? Do you even look at stats? You've demonstrated that you don't watch our team, just curious if you're even bothering to rely on stats since you can't seem to provide anything beyond general knowledge of teams in your division and the occasional bald eagle analogy.

I'm pretty confident in saying that Seattle's offense this week will depend on Wilson's passing performance, it won't be Lynch and a running QB going off. Humor me a little and explain how Wilson is going to complete 65% of his passes for 280 yards against Revis, Browner, and company. Having a little trouble picturing that after that performance against GB.

Latest posts