OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3k2ykyln said:
frosted21":3k2ykyln said:
Largent80":3k2ykyln said:
All 3 Seattle LB's are better.

False.

Collins is exceptionally talented - no way he's going to 'erase' Wilson though, that's asinine to say. Each player will get his.

Our point is our offense goes up against one of the most talented LB corps in the league in practice every day, who have at least 3-4 LB's just as fast and just as aggressive as Collins........as well as playing against as talented of LB corps in our own division every year. Throw in Kam.

So while Collins is very talented, it's not like he's some never been seen opponent that our offense won't know how to attack or deal with.

Fair enough, good replies.

Collins isn't perfect, esp straight up against the run. He's best at tracking down and snuffing out screens and scrambles, and I've seen backs out in the flat just simply fall down when he's nearby. Huge wingspan, physical freak, I believe he may hold the all time combine record for standing broad jump.

On blitzes he's in the Matthews range of ability. He was a safety for awhile in college so you see him downfield a lot too.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":bdvafcfk said:
Sgt. Largent":bdvafcfk said:
frosted21":bdvafcfk said:
Largent80":bdvafcfk said:

False.

Collins is exceptionally talented - no way he's going to 'erase' Wilson though, that's asinine to say. Each player will get his.

Our point is our offense goes up against one of the most talented LB corps in the league in practice every day, who have at least 3-4 LB's just as fast and just as aggressive as Collins........as well as playing against as talented of LB corps in our own division every year. Throw in Kam.

So while Collins is very talented, it's not like he's some never been seen opponent that our offense won't know how to attack or deal with.

Collins isn't perfect, esp straight up against the run. He's best at tracking down and snuffing out screens and scrambles, and I've seen backs out in the flat just simply fall down when he's nearby. Huge wingspan, physical freak, I believe he may hold the all time combine record for standing broad jump.

On blitzes he's in the Matthews range of ability. He was a safety for awhile in college so you see him downfield a lot too.

Everytime I watch the Pats I think Collins would fit in nicely on the Hawks, and that's a compliment.

Which will be the first thing you notice about the Hawks defense, how fast they play........and Collins plays like that, which is why he jumps out when you watch the Pats defense. Unfortunately he is only one of a couple Pats defenders that fits this description. I'd put Chandler Jones into the same category.

The Pats D is playing well right now, so we'll have our hands full on offense. But they rely on scheme and excellent gap/assignment control..........nowhere near the speed, range, length, athleticism and ferocity with which the Hawks D plays.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":trl22njv said:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24996136/super-bowl-49-x-factor-jamie-collins-the-patriots-russell-wilson-eraser
Somehow I feel we've heard this before.

Chawks1

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2fxcpvbv said:
DavidSeven":2fxcpvbv said:
Prisco isn't an analyst. He uses preschool X&Os littered with confirmation bias to hide the fact he's a huge Cardinals fanboy. Not to take away from Collins, but Seattle has played better linebackers and had success.

They haven't played anyone like Collins because there isn't anyone like him. His range and quickness are ridiculous, but his biggest thing is that when it's him and the runner in space, that guy is going down.

You realize Collins is slow. Runs a 4.64 40. Russell runs a 4.55 forty and practices against Bobby Wagner who runs a 4.46 40. We also,played against Clay Mathews and Luke Kuechly, both run faster than Collins. Bring it on.

themunn

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1kreande said:
DavidSeven":1kreande said:
Prisco isn't an analyst. He uses preschool X&Os littered with confirmation bias to hide the fact he's a huge Cardinals fanboy. Not to take away from Collins, but Seattle has played better linebackers and had success.

They haven't played anyone like Collins because there isn't anyone like him. His range and quickness are ridiculous, but his biggest thing is that when it's him and the runner in space, that guy is going down.

I'm pretty certain Wilson practices against Irvin and Wagner every day, both of whom are faster and as sure tacklers as Collins.

Anthony!

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3rodvlyu said:
Sgt. Largent":3rodvlyu said:
frosted21":3rodvlyu said:
Largent80":3rodvlyu said:

False.

You know it is funny every week, someone says they have a way to stop Wilson, and they may, for 3 qtrs. However no one has been able to stop Wilson for a whole game. Collins is a great player, and he will have some success in containing Wilson, but he will not contain him the whole game. The question is when and what will happen when he does not contain Wilson. The Answer usually is bad things for The Hawks opponents. If the game is close you in trouble, if you have a huge lead, ie 3+ scores maybe.

tailgater

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2v437u5h said:
He's a good player. The Hawks will have to account for him. Russ faces faster LBs in practice every day though, I'm sure he will be A-OK

But they can't hit him in practice, can they? Not quite the same thing.

I like Collins. Lots of potential in him. Not sure he'll be the spy. My guess is Hightower will be. Collins is the better cover guy.

kf3339

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2zbcxv8n said:
DavidSeven":2zbcxv8n said:

They play three significantly better LB's in practice every day. If you're not aware of that it's plain stupidity.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2nwzif7t said:
DavidSeven":2nwzif7t said:

Another fanboy trolling on a Hawks forum board. When will people learn? Packers fans, Panthers fans tried it and both lost. And don't say we haven't seen anything like the Pats yet, because we have already heard that phrase before.

Laloosh

Reaction score
tailgater":37yflpb7 said:
Missing_Clink":37yflpb7 said:
He's a good player. The Hawks will have to account for him. Russ faces faster LBs in practice every day though, I'm sure he will be A-OK

I like Collins. Lots of potential in him. Not sure he'll be the spy. My guess is Hightower will be. Collins is the better cover guy.

Not getting hit in practice doesn't seem like a very good qualifier for Collins being more difficult to face than some of the ridiculously talented defenses / line backers in the NFC (particularly those on his own team).

You sure that's the argument you want to stand on?

Boycie

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2b61lxqt said:
DavidSeven":2b61lxqt said:

Lynch in space with him one on one? I will take that match up all day. Trust me dude, you need to bring the whole house to bring down Lynch. This guy is gonna get the Madden Truck Stick on Sunday!

bigDhawk

Reaction score
Chawks1":1ss92xvm said:
50yrpatsfan":1ss92xvm said:
DavidSeven":1ss92xvm said:

You realize Collins is slow. Runs a 4.64 40. Russell runs a 4.55 forty and practices against Bobby Wagner who runs a 4.46 40. We also,played against Clay Mathews and Luke Kuechly, both run faster than Collins. Bring it on.

And Bruce Irvin:
6'3"
245#
4.50 - 40

Jamie Collins:
6'3"
250#
4.64 - 40

Russell sees better than Collins in practice every day.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3vtu0mzi said:
Sgt. Largent":3vtu0mzi said:
frosted21":3vtu0mzi said:
Largent80":3vtu0mzi said:

False.

Yeah, he's one of a kind :roll:
JJ Watt, is also one of a kind.
Russell Wilson is one of a kind.
Oh, and broad jumpin' ain't footballin'.

tailgater

Reaction score
Laloosh":vzdm1jpc said:
tailgater":vzdm1jpc said:
Missing_Clink":vzdm1jpc said:

Not getting hit in practice doesn't seem like a very good qualifier for Collins being more difficult to face than some of the ridiculously talented defenses / line backers in the NFC (particularly those on his own team).

Geez, I guess I have to. How does facing his own defense that can't touch him show how he handles that type of talent / pressure? If you were talking his results against your corners, that different, but LBs who CAN'T TOUCH the guy in the red shirt?!

According to many on this board, SEA has the advantage at every single position. Pats have no chance! :shock:

It's a refreshing take frankly. Not many teams have the talent to back it up. SEA just might.

Laloosh

Reaction score
tailgater":31kkbgzy said:
Laloosh":31kkbgzy said:
tailgater":31kkbgzy said:
Missing_Clink":31kkbgzy said:

Geez, I guess I have to. How does facing his own defense that can't touch him show how he handles that type of talent / pressure? If you were talking his results against your corners, that different, but LBs who CAN'T TOUCH the guy in the red shirt?!

According to many on this board, SEA has the advantage at every single position. Pats have no chance! :shock:

It's a refreshing take frankly. Not many teams have the talent to back it up. SEA just might.

Not hitting him has nothing to do with pursuit speed and overall talent. They simply don't follow through on the play. You're talking about the act of hitting playing a larger role than everything leading up to it. Do you get why I'm confused by that?

lobohawk

Reaction score
tailgater":k7myj6ri said:
Laloosh":k7myj6ri said:
tailgater":k7myj6ri said:
Missing_Clink":k7myj6ri said:

Ok, forget the comparison with the LBs on the Seahawks. Wilson has had to deal with Willis, Bowman, and Kuechly each year and sometimes two or three times. Those guys are all pro bowlers. I think he's used to athletic hard-hitting LBs by now.

Does that mean that Collins is lame? No. It just means his skill set isn't necessarily something Wilson hasn't had to deal with.

Latest posts