Jamal Adams

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Depends on the criticism. Many of them are based on turning the situation (injuries, trade value, contract) into personal attacks on him. It's very fair to say he hasn't lived up to the trade or contract yet and to be guarded about his contributions this season. Saying it because he's an asshole or a POS or any other way of projecting the on-field injuries into hate for the person/player is absurd.

I haven't seen the personal attack posts, please link one up for me and I'll check it out.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I agree with you. I just want to state explicitly something I think you know: there's an enormous difference between Sarge and any individual who called Adams an asshole. Sarge knows Adams didn't tear his quadriceps tendon completely off the bone intentionally (and I'm pretty sure Sarge doesn't post drunk, or if he does, well, he's an awfully high-functioning drunk, 'cause even when I disagree with him, Sarge's posts generally seem pretty coherent).

EDITED to choose a more-appropriate-for-today synonym of "very large"
I wasn't referring to Sgt at all.

kmeleon

Reaction score
Dare I say the guy just plays too hard? I feel like he is just in another zip code when watching him vs some of the best players in the league. He just runs around like a rocket blasting and hitting things constantly. You can't play like that and expect to have longevity.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Dare I say the guy just plays too hard? I feel like he is just in another zip code when watching him vs some of the best players in the league. He just runs around like a rocket blasting and hitting things constantly. You can't play like that and expect to have longevity.

Either that or he's just unlucky or reckless. Maybe a little bit of both. Taking a knee like that could happen to anyone though.

aastros1986

Reaction score
1st post ever; if he knew had to tackle and kept his head up, which zero players do or learn how to tackle, he actually might stay on the field and be a good player. Guy is just not that good and makes glass look unbreakable.

Mick063

Reaction score
As a person that played and coached football. The very first fundamental rule of tackling. Keep your head up. Put your face mask, not the crown of your helmet, in front of the ball carrier.

It is as basic and fundamental as you can get. It is 6th grade level football knowledge.

AnimeAmore

Reaction score
Dudes made of glass. Worst trade in NFL history
It's not even the worst trade of the Pete era, but it's really, really bad.
I would like to point out that I have been against the trade-and-sign phenomenon for as long as it has been a thing. If you can't see how the player does for your team *before* giving him a big contract then it isn't worth making a trade. The free agent market is where you give out a contract to someone who hasn't played for you, because at least you aren't giving up draft picks. To give up draft picks AND give out a huge contract before the player has played a single down for you is pure malfeasance. There is a huge logical flaw in every GM who does it.

Latest posts