Jamal Adams

Okieseahawk

Reaction score
Can''t make up for it in a 1:1 sense, not a chance.
look at the 49ers and trey lance, that was a straight shart in a bucket. Or even better Wilson and the Broncos.
All in all Seattle can make up for that trade in a year or two, just gotta cut the bloat at safety position when it makes sense
Yep, rest of the year is probably dudes last shot here.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
For sure dude, I personally think hes gonna be dead weight this year, cap or ability otherwise.
He should be gone after this year, strictly from a cost perspective. BUT unless he comes in on a white horse and makes INTS in critical moments that bring us to playoffs and more
maybe keep him around
Ints aren't his forte but if he can be a force pressuring the QB and/or roaming the middle of the field and break up passes in our soft underbelly then he'll be more than worth keeping around.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Such a negative viewpoint.

Frankly disagree on the “slow healer” remark.

A quadriceps tear is a nasty generally career ending injury that many never recover from, but here he is back and determined to play. The timing of his return is in fact ahead of schedule and shows determination to play again. Agree completely that he has been snakebit with injuries yet he comes back. He is not a malingerer in any fashion, evidence being him deciding to fuse his broken and dislocated fingers to allow him to play quicker.

He is a willing tackler who is prepared to sacrifice his body for the stop and has paid the price. When healthy, and sadly since his first year here hasn’t been that often, he is a player that tilts the field for his team and one who must be schemed for or bad things happen for his opponents.

It is fair to grumble that the return on the trade for him has not been as good as expected and his injury history since here has been significant but he brings a swagger to the D and when on is worth watching, he makes a difference.

I don’t think people here have any idea how serious a quad tear is. The fact he’s back at all is amazing.

Seak

Reaction score
Ints aren't his forte but if he can be a force pressuring the QB and/or roaming the middle of the field and break up passes in our soft underbelly then he'll be more than worth keeping around
ya it was frustrating watching him not bring in a lot of ints year passed.
I agree with you though that hes worth keeping around... just once the numbers make sense lets move on or severely restructure

JerHawk81

Reaction score
He's in a real rough spot.

When you factor in draft capital, cap hit, and cash, he's one of the most expensive defensive players that we've ever had. And clearly he hasn't lived up to expectations. So, patience is low, frustration high, and he would need to perform at an All Pro level for the fanbase to see his return as anything other than a disaster.

But, he's in an awful spot. He hasn't played in a game for a year, is coming back from a career-ending type injury, with only a handful of practices under his belt.

So, I'm expecting to be disappointed. Whether that disappointment is fair, is an entirely different question.

GemCity

Reaction score
He's in a real rough spot.

When you factor in draft capital, cap hit, and cash, he's one of the most expensive defensive players that we've ever had. And clearly he hasn't lived up to expectations. So, patience is low, frustration high, and he would need to perform at an All Pro level for the fanbase to see his return as anything other than a disaster.

But, he's in an awful spot. He hasn't played in a game for a year, is coming back from a career-ending type injury, with only a handful of practices under his belt.

So, I'm expecting to be disappointed. Whether that disappointment is fair, is an entirely different question.
True statements but…one way he may be thinking about it is “what do I have to lose”?

I mean, at this point, nothing can make up the trade value.

I hope he comes in and tears it up.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Chickens!

Don’t be shy express your view, or just watch and be irrelevant.

Just sayin’

rjdriver

Reaction score
I have my doubts about JA's return when I read about the injury and what he went through. Twenty weeks in a straight leg cast? Wow! That's five months of doing nothing from at least the waist down. I don't expect him to be back at full strength for awhile, if ever. I hope to see him make some significant contributions, would love for him to, but I'm not holding my breath. Serious injury he's coming back from.
Holy Cow! I had no idea it was twenty weeks in a straight leg cast. I can't imagine the atrophy and discomfort. When he finally got it off it was probably pretty confusing figuring out which appendage to hold on to in the bathroom.

I don't know what to think of him. I literally don't have enough data points to formulate a proper opinion, he's always been either out or playing injured. Considering the spent capital, and with the benefit of hindsight, of course it was a disastrous trade. I wouldn't even want to know who was available at the draft spots we relinquished to the Jets.

That said, what's done is done, and I hope he is able to contribute more than any of us expect. For me, everything he does is just extra gravy. I will be on pins and needles every time I watch him make a hit or end up on the bottom pile for a little while. I know he has poured his heart and soul into this recovery, and I wish him health, safety, and success.

Last edited:

rjdriver

Reaction score
No way to make up for the trade, it is what it is just like: Rick Mirer or Aaron Curry or the Boz.

Hoping he can helps us the rest of the year. If we can get just a little more help on the D- it’s gonna be a decent year.
Weeeelll....

We kind of did make up for Mirer pick.

In 1997 the Bears top needs were QB an TE. They had the 11th pick. If they chose to make TE a priority, they more than likely would have selected some guy out of Cal named Tony Gonzalez and used their second pick to select Jake Plummer.

Instead, they prioritized the QB position. They didn't feel any QB in the 97 class merited such a high pick so they traded it it to the Seahawks for Rick Mirer (and a fourth). They used their second pick to select the needed TE in John Allred, who ended up with 30 career catches, which was just 1295 fewer than Gonzalez.

As for the Seahawks, we packaged the pick to move up to 3 where we selected all pro CB Shawn Springs. We also picked up Walter Jones at 6 that year. Quite the haul!

Sorry @Bear-Hawk

D

DomeHawk

Just wanna get some value for our investment. Hope that happens.

D

DomeHawk

Not likely I really hope I'm totally wrong but nobody comes back from his particular injury and actually suddenly becomes an actual straight up safety.
New medical technology has provided many comebacks that never happened in the past. We shall see.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not likely I really hope I'm totally wrong but nobody comes back from his particular injury and actually suddenly becomes an actual straight up safety.
Just be straight up honest, you will never accept the guy, even if he balls out this year. And if he gets hurt again, I'm sure we'll hear about it every 10 minutes.
It wasn't a good trade, hopefully we get something out of him. He's a hell of a footbal player, even if some refuse to even acknowledge it.

flv2

Reaction score
ya it was frustrating watching him not bring in a lot of ints year passed.
I agree with you though that hes worth keeping around... just once the numbers make sense lets move on or severely restructure
It will have to involve a pay cut. Paying Adams $11M this year was a judgement call for management, and being on the hook for $2.5M made keeping him an easier choice. Next year he's due $16.5M. That will be hard to justify unless he's playing like a top 10 LB.

Next year is next year. For now I hope he's healthy and plays well.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Adams has been humbled big time. Looking forward to seeing his next chapter. I think he will be on a play count limit for a game or two.
I think I am glad that Jamal is with the organization because I think we do have one of the best ones able to support a guy who’s been through life changing, career altering, devastating injuries, after being the center of attention in NY.

This is an expensive version, sort of kind of, similar to the Geno story, only in that it will have been a real journey, should the best thing happen and Jamal returns to the pro bowl where he belongs.

This is the place, for better or worse, where you can arrive in the way that he has, having terrible, awkward injuries, and endure, and be reborn in PC’s mold.

He will I think have reviewed and thought about his former game, and if he needs to tweak anything too survive longer, etc. We shall see, it’s not like he took money out of my pocket, and I know he’d rather be on the field, hope he shows us he’s still really really talented, rooting for the guy.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Weeeelll....

We kind of did make up for Mirer pick.

In 1997 the Bears top needs were QB an TE. They had the 11th pick. If they chose to make TE a priority, they more than likely would have selected some guy out of Cal named Tony Gonzalez and used their second pick to select Jake Plummer.

Instead, they prioritized the QB position. They didn't feel any QB in the 97 class merited such a high pick so they traded it it to the Seahawks for Rick Mirer (and a fourth). They used their second pick to select the needed TE in John Allred, who ended up with 30 career catches, which was just 1295 fewer than Gonzalez.

As for the Seahawks, we packaged the pick to move up to 3 where we selected all pro CB Shawn Springs. We also picked up Walter Jones at 6 that year. Quite the haul!

Sorry @Bear-Hawk
What can I say? It’s all true. The Bears have not had a competent general manager since Jim Finks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chickens!

Don’t be shy express your view, or just watch and be irrelevant.

Just sayin’

My view is Jamal will look rusty and slow, but he should make it through his limited snaps just fine and hopefully contribute on a couple of his snaps.

Everyone's worried about his thigh muscle recovery, but I'm far more interested to see how he tackles with the repaired shoulders. Is he gonna just run around and try to hit people and not wrap up like he was in 2021 and half a game last year? Or is he actually going to test those shoulder repairs and tackle?