Jamal Adams injury update

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Seattle Seahawks safety Jamal Adam's posted a video to Twitter showcasing an update on his injury rehabilitation process. Titled "The Rebuild" he can be seen performing exercises to rehab his injury that sidelined him for the 2022 season.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Would love to get at least one full season out of him. Nice to get that "worst trade in team history" stigma off of him. ;)
He's never going to get that stigma off of him. It just comes with the territory of trading two first for a SS that didn't really fit the scheme we were running. Normally that compensation is reserved for elite pass rushers or Quarterbacks. He's never going to live up to most people's expectations with that kind compensation, not to mention his high salary on top of that.

seabowl

Reaction score
Works out like Tarzan, health like Jane.

Turtle

Reaction score
Seattle Seahawks safety Jamal Adam's posted a video to Twitter showcasing an update on his injury rehabilitation process. Titled "The Rebuild" he can be seen performing exercises to rehab his injury that sidelined him for the 2022 season.

It would be great if he can bless us with his presence at this weekend's post game press conference. He can give us an update on his injury and remind us all how great he is.

#Cigars4All

Jamal adams

seabowl

Reaction score
The only way he doesn’t get hurt going forward is if they Six Million Dollar Man him and replace all internal bones, tissue, organs, etc. with metal parts.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I really hope he stays healthy this next season. If he doesn't, I think Pete will realize it's time to pull the plug on his life support. He's a great player when healthy, but if he can't stay healthy maybe he should consider retirement.

Speaking of injuries, why is their current S&C coach STILL their S&C coach?

flv2

Reaction score
Can we cut him? Cap hit?
Adams isn't guaranteed any future money at this point.

Dead money for money previously paid normally doesn't come into the decision-making process. The money has to be accounted for at some point anyway. It only becomes an issue if acceleration of the future cap hit is significantly more than the forthcoming salary/bonus costs and the team is in cap trouble. That isn't the case here. Adams has a post 2023 dead money/cap hit of $14.22M, whilst the cost of retaining him for 2023 is $11M. Teams can move other cap expenditure around over a 2-3 year period so a $3M+ difference over a $410M+ or $630M+ budget is small potatoes. Again, it's not an actual $14.22M cost, it's merely when money already spent is accounted for.

The cost of retaining Adams for 2023 is $11M, (plus performance incentives). $2.56M of that figure becomes fully guaranteed 5 days after the Super Bowl. Realistically the Seahawks ought to make a decision before that guarantee kicks in.

Personally I don't think Adams is worth $11M to the Seahawks, or on the open market, so the 'purely business' decision would be to release him. Offering him reduced terms is an option.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Once there is a negative view about a player or player trade the negativity surrounding the player is non-stop.

The team overpaid for him without a doubt, but when healthy he’s a dynamic player and difference maker. It’s unfortunate he got injured this year as the scheme was designed to fit him better. It for sure wasn’t his fault that KNJ didn’t know how to use him most effectively. Not sure I would have traded 2-1sts for him but even poorly used as he was he contributed positively.

When he played, which sadly over the past two seasons was less frequent than hoped for he had to be accounted for on the field. He came to the team at a position of need in draft where there weren’t many good choices for the team when they picked.

I’m really wanting to see him play in this scheme if the DLine can be fixed. Not as negative about him as the majority seems in fact I like the player and his swagger.

NoGain

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I never really saw him play before he came to us because...well...he played for the Jets. I have to acknowledge his sack count the first year he was with us. Pretty impressive. I'd be lying though if I didn't say I was a bit underwhelmed by his all-round game at the position given the pedigree that came with his name and what we gave up for him. There wasn't a big three LOB player in their prime that I wouldn't have traded him for in an instant before he got his contract. He just wasn't a very good coverage guy, and I was a little disappointed at him not being more where the action was on the field of play, didn't seem a high football IQ player in that way.

Just a bad trade in retrospect compounded by a bad signing. Anything we get out of the guy is gravy at this point to me.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Nope, his dead money is too high right now. He's going to be on the team for at least two more years regardless of performance or health.

Jamal Adams is our Russell Wilson lite. Neal is the better all-around safety, but Adams' contract dictates that we have to keep him.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'll probably get heat for this, but I don't give a rat's ass. Jamal is overrated and dude is all talk. I'm not even impressed by his performance one bit.
You won't be getting heat from me. Adams is a one trick pony, one of the best safeties in the league at blitzing the QB and OK on run support. But he's a liability in pass coverage and he's not a ball hawk, having more surgeries than interceptions during his time with us.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I’ll be shocked to see Adam’s play 8 games next year. And if he does play will he really be good? Who knows. He’s been hurt so often.