Jags, Bills, and Raiders interested in Flynn

kearly

Reaction score
So it's been a few hours now, I'm just going to assume the Rapoport report was either premature or misinterpreted.

And if I just jinxed the universe into announcing the Flynn trade 5 minutes from now, you're welcome everyone.

Sac

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1tue3d95 said:
SoulfishHawk":1tue3d95 said:
??? How do you know he's awful? We've seen the guy play 2 regular season games.

16 starts in 9 years is all you need to know. If he was any good at all those numbers would be different. How do you know he isn't awful? Pretty clear the guy isn't starting material. Believing anything is is just that......blind faith. If he was any good he would have more than 16 starts in 9 years.

Right, because getting sat on the bench behind Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson, who are both CLEARLY overrated absolutely means that Flynn is crap. Gotcha.

Atradees

Reaction score
Bottom half the league's teams have no one who can play qb and you want to guys want a lousy late round pick for Flynn?

If the Bills, Raidas, Jags, and Jets had Flynn they just might go 9 and 7. Even with a weak cast. Now i want a second now and a third next year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, the guy couldn't even beat out Rodgers or Wilson? What a horrible QB. And he's the "worst?"
We are talking about the Seahawks here, there have been some BRUTAL quarterbacks here, not just bad.
Mirer, Gelbaugh, Kemp, TJoke, McGuire, Salisbury, David Green, just to name a few. Of course, all of them must be better than Flynn.

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2t7r61t9 said:
T-Sizzle":2t7r61t9 said:
SoulfishHawk":2t7r61t9 said:

16 starts in 9 years is all you need to know. If he was any good at all those numbers would be different. How do you know he isn't awful? Pretty clear the guy isn't starting material. Believing anything is is just that......blind faith. If he was any good he would have more than 16 starts in 9 years.

Right, because getting sat on the bench behind Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson, who are both CLEARLY overrated absolutely means that Flynn is crap. Gotcha.

You are right.....he must be awesome and all the people evaluating him are wrong and have been since college.

HawkWow

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":6y1cjee4 said:
T-Sizzle":6y1cjee4 said:
SoulfishHawk":6y1cjee4 said:

The poster you direct this at clearly must have a personal issue with Flynn. Degrading Fynn has been his main objective since camp. Puts the insanity in Flynnsanity. Perhaps he boofed someone's GF?

As of now, Flynn is a Hawk and IMO, should be treated with the same level of respect we bestow upon every Hawk. He has handled all of this incredibly well and I hope for his success either as our back-up or as a QB for a team in the AFC.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
kearly":3rbfhqwg said:
So it's been a few hours now, I'm just going to assume the Rapoport report was either premature or misinterpreted

It was Ian Furness not Ian Rapoport. Didn't want the wrong guy to get discredited. :D

Hawks46

Reaction score
You have to look at Flynn's value in a couple of different ways: current market value and value to the team.

I think it's funny how a lot of people were on board with the Harvin trade with the rationale that "hey, if Harvin were in the draft, he'd be a top 5 pick", so we're big winners. Absolutely no one in the media is castigating us for the trade; they all love it. So look at Flynn....he's NEVER been bad in a regular season NFL game....EVER. Two starts in GB (@ NE, and Detroit) and in mop up duty last year. Against the Cards they blitzed up the middle (and got good pressure) and had their starting D out there. Flynn would've dropped 30 on them that game as well. So, the guy has limited starts, but in that time, he just doesn't look bad. This is with limited prep time usually.

So, in his NFL playing time, does Flynn grade out as a 1st rounder this year, with this crop of QB's ? I'd say yes. I theorize he's better than anyone you're getting in the draft right now, and for a team that needs a QB, with a GM desperate to keep his job, I'd bet someone rates Flynn as a 2nd or maybe even 1st rounder. Alex Smith was considered the best QB in free agency this year, and I think Flynn could be that good easily.

Also, 3 teams are wanting him. That drives up the market with absolutely nobody left.

Then look at what he's worth to us: is a 4th or 5th rounder worth losing insurance if Wilson gets hurt ? You can't predict injury, and I don't see anyone out there in FA or in the draft (I'm counting 1st rounders as well) that could come in off the bench and win us games in a pinch better than FLynn could. Hell, I don't think there's a FA QB out there that could even win any games for us. Fitzpatrick, Kolb, Vince Young, really ? Hell the 49ers are kicking the tires on Pat White, and I'd like that option better.

The Hawks aren't in cap hell and don't have to trade Flynn. They've stated it, and stated he's not getting cut. We hold all the cards, and coming to us with a "you're lucky to get a 4th rounder out of him" attitude is wasting our FO's time and I bet the league knows it.

ivotuk

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1pitmb4z said:
SoulfishHawk":1pitmb4z said:

OMFG! LOL! Are you for real? :lol:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3pd4nask said:
Yep. Hawks46 nailed it. Flynn's value only increases over time as we get closer and closer to the draft, and to another dozen or so teams staring a team with no starting quarterback in the face.

Seahawk Sailor nailed the "nailed it" determination.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Furness was just speculating, nothing more. He wasnt reporting anything he heard.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
ivotuk":1limp4u6 said:
Seahawk Sailor":1limp4u6 said:
Yep. Hawks46 nailed it. Flynn's value only increases over time as we get closer and closer to the draft, and to another dozen or so teams staring a team with no starting quarterback in the face.

Seahawk Sailor nailed the "nailed it" determination.

Thankee thankee. And to further emphasize this, I offer the following:

710 ESPN Seattle ‏@710ESPNSeattle 11m
Huard: Barkley should, will be first QB off the board http://bit.ly/Xh3wqw (@BrockESPN)

When that's the conversation regarding Flynn's competition, his value only increases. Remember how twitterpated we all were going into last year's draft, even with Flynn aboard? No one likes an unknown situation regarding the most valuable position on the team. We hold all the cards on this one, folks, especially with at least three quarterback-needy teams in the mix. We sit on them long enough and play them right, it'll be outright highway robbery.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
ivotuk":2fiks1k2 said:
T-Sizzle":2fiks1k2 said:
SoulfishHawk":2fiks1k2 said:

OMFG! LOL! Are you for real? :lol:

Threw this in my sig. We can take a look at it later. ;)

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I think it's funny how a lot of people were on board with the Harvin trade with the rationale that "hey, if Harvin were in the draft, he'd be a top 5 pick", so we're big winners. Absolutely no one in the media is castigating us for the trade; they all love it. So look at Flynn....he's NEVER been bad in a regular season NFL game....EVER. Two starts in GB (@ NE, and Detroit) and in mop up duty last year. Against the Cards they blitzed up the middle (and got good pressure) and had their starting D out there. Flynn would've dropped 30 on them that game as well. So, the guy has limited starts, but in that time, he just doesn't look bad. This is with limited prep time usually.

So, in his NFL playing time, does Flynn grade out as a 1st rounder this year, with this crop of QB's ? I'd say yes. I theorize he's better than anyone you're getting in the draft right now, and for a team that needs a QB, with a GM desperate to keep his job, I'd bet someone rates Flynn as a 2nd or maybe even 1st rounder. Alex Smith was considered the best QB in free agency this year, and I think Flynn could be that good easily.

Well that's just not true. You CAN'T argue that he played well against DETROIT in 2010. That's ridiculous.
Alot of you either don't remember history or are using selective stats. In 2010 Rodgers goes out at halftime with an injury. Flynn comes in for the 2nd half and DOESN"T SCORE A SINGLE POINT!

He was 15-26 @ 57.7% completion % (not good), 177 yards @ 6.8 yards/Att (not bad, but not good either) 2 sacks, 1 INT.

Green Bay losses that game 3-7.

The next week he played the Patriots in his first NFL start and had a much better day.

However in the 3 games Flynn has seen extensive action he is 1-2. That is not good. Also in the preseason this year he was unable to lead this team to a single TD (IIRC). So I'm not sure where all this crazy talk about how he's been exellent every time he's stepped on the field, because it's not true.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
We can argue all day about how good Flynn may or may not be, but the only thing that matters is how good Flynn is perceived to be by QB-needy general managers, and what those same managers think about the quarterbacks in this year's draft. I think it's obvious that no GM in the league is looking at Flynn and saying, "that's my franchise quarterback" or a deal would have been done already, so how DOES the rest of the league view Flynn? A potential starter? A backup? A "bridge" quarterback to hold down the fort while developing a rookie? And could a QB-needy general manager look at one of the quarterbacks in this year's draft and see a player he thinks had a higher potential upside than Flynn? Very possible, even with this year's QB class. Again, what matters in terms of whether we trade Flynn is whether these GM's THINK he is a better option than a rookie or vice versa.

Personally, I don't think we're going to get an offer big enough to justify trading Flynn, even on draft weekend. All it takes is one GM to prove me wrong. But then again, if the QB-needy GM's think there are better options out there, they aren't going to pony up much if anything for #15.

Latest posts