It's time to sit Jermaine Kearse

cymatica

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1b8pdeao said:
And this catch more than made up for that drop and should've went down as one of the greatest all time
Nfl sbxlix gallery 18

Looks like he is catching a football shaped turd in that pic

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1459a442 said:
And this catch more than made up for that drop and should've went down as one of the greatest all time

Won't disagree with that, but in 2016 he's the 4th best WR on the team.

Chris Matthews had a game for the ages and can barely get on the field now for the Ravens. Things change fast.

Is he a good run blocker? Absolutely. But there are ways to utilize this while utilizing better weapons in the passing game we have at our disposal.

I'm sorry but right now Paul Richardson (who btw was a 2nd round pick so clearly the FO at one time saw him as a pretty important piece to the future of the offense) is the better player.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":23gu7p3c said:
I've been critical of Kearse long before this week. He's had balls bouncing off his hands all year, and previous years.

HawkAroundTheClock":23gu7p3c said:
Many of Jermaine's "drops" are actually mis-timings between him and Russ. For whatever reason, those two aren't locked in the way Doug and Russ are. But as far as official "drops" here are the stats:

2016: 1 drop, 45 targets, 57.8% caught
2015: 1 drop, 68 targets, 72.1% caught
2014: 2 drops, 69 targets, 55.1% caught
2013: 2 drops, 38 targets, 57.9% caught
2012: 3 drops, 7 targets, 42.9% caught

Career Totals:
9 drops
227 targets
3.96% drop rate
60.8% caught

I already posted this, but folks keep insisting otherwise so I'll repost. According to the official stat keepers, Kearse drops 4 out of 100 catchable balls over his career.

If people's eye test says differently, so be it. But their argument is contrary to the statistics.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":8t85derv said:
I already posted this, but folks keep insisting otherwise so I'll repost. According to the official stat keepers, Kearse drops 4 out of 100 catchable balls over his career.

If people's eye test says differently, so be it. But their argument is contrary to the statistics.

I suspect it's anecdotal evidence.

One thing that heightens that, is that Kearse is admittedly a streaky player. He can be rock solid for weeks, then just have a game where he gets 2 or three drops. It's the kind of performance where the bad games just stick in the craw.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":16o5324q said:

The official stats have always been notoriously generous to the receiver in what constitutes a dropped pass. Those stats are basically worthless.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":33hpz0j7 said:
Sgt. Largent":33hpz0j7 said:
I've been critical of Kearse long before this week. He's had balls bouncing off his hands all year, and previous years.

HawkAroundTheClock":33hpz0j7 said:
Many of Jermaine's "drops" are actually mis-timings between him and Russ. For whatever reason, those two aren't locked in the way Doug and Russ are. But as far as official "drops" here are the stats:

2016: 1 drop, 45 targets, 57.8% caught
2015: 1 drop, 68 targets, 72.1% caught
2014: 2 drops, 69 targets, 55.1% caught
2013: 2 drops, 38 targets, 57.9% caught
2012: 3 drops, 7 targets, 42.9% caught

Career Totals:
9 drops
227 targets
3.96% drop rate
60.8% caught

Then the stat keepers are lenient on what's considered a drop, cause this year he's has multiple games where balls have bounced off his hands. That might not be an "official" drop, but IMO it's just as bad.

If you're not fast, not tall, and not particularly a good blocker.........you better catch every damn thing thrown at you. Not disappear for weeks on end.

Ozzy

Reaction score
What's considered a drop is beyond laughable. He has "missed" many balls he should of come up with. I don't know how anyone watching can really debate that. He's made some huge catches as well and some of our biggest plays the past few years have involved Kearse, no one can deny that. He definitely has issues with his hands and has ever since his Husky days. Doesn't mean he's terrible but its true.

Largent80

Reaction score
Regardless of what your eyes tell you the bottom line is this, he won't be sitting anytime soon.

Ozzy

Reaction score
True and I'll be rooting for him as much as anyone. I do wonder if Richardson starts to play a little more down the stretch. Not a ton probably but a small uptick wouldn't surprise me at all.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
austinslater25":2ih6zul7 said:
True and I'll be rooting for him as much as anyone. I do wonder if Richardson starts to play a little more down the stretch. Not a ton probably but a small uptick wouldn't surprise me at all.

Apples and oranges receivers.

Richardson is too slight to be an effective blocker, so that's why we don't see him very often other than obvious passing downs.

McEvoy is also raw, but he's more the kind of receiver that could develop into the outside flanker blocker big body receiver that IMO would be better than Kearse. But again, down the line, he's not ready now.

Ozzy

Reaction score
But we aren't running all that much so why not use Richardson in passing situations.... but I would be on board with McEvoy as well. I know I'm in the minority but I'm not convinced Kearse is actually as good as a blocker as everyone thinks he is but I could be wrong for sure. I do think McEvoy has a higher ceiling than Kearse for sure.

But with how our offense is running I'm not sure a second level block is all that important in the offense at the moment.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
austinslater25":2swayn8t said:
I know I'm in the minority but I'm not convinced Kearse is actually as good as a blocker as everyone thinks he is but I could be wrong for sure..

He's not, as Superbowl 49 proved in front of 100 million people.

Largent80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":130cddwq said:
austinslater25":130cddwq said:
I know I'm in the minority but I'm not convinced Kearse is actually as good as a blocker as everyone thinks he is but I could be wrong for sure..

Not a fair assesment. Browner knew what play was coming, told the CB to cheat up and it was easy pickins.

The body of Kearses work as a blocker certainly isn't one single play.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Kearse made a good block on one of the more memorable plays against the Pats, the one where Prosise took a pass and went up the left sideline behind Kearse's block and then ran over the next defender.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":kow76lds said:
Sgt. Largent":kow76lds said:
austinslater25":kow76lds said:

Not a fair assesment. Browner knew what play was coming, told the CB to cheat up and it was easy pickins.

The body of Kearses work as a blocker certainly isn't one single play.

Ask Sherman how many times he knows what exact play the other team just called, I bet it's up into the 50% of the time range.

Kearse had one job on the most important play of the year, and failed miserably.

Is he a good blocker? Idk, for his size and speed I guess so, but IMO we can do better. Pete likes him cause he's cheap, loyal, doesn't complain about targets and works his ass off in practice.

But is he a good well rounded NFL receiver? No, as evident by the offseason when he shopped himself around before signing a lowball offer here..............all he got was crickets.

Largent80

Reaction score
He is a Seahawk, like it or NOT, and without his catch vs. GB in the playoffs we don't even play in the SB that year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":2gdj8doc said:
He is a Seahawk, like it or NOT, and without his catch vs. GB in the playoffs we don't even play in the SB that year.

I choose to not like it.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":2x9efvgi said:

Or the Packers could not have literally sh** all over themselves and we lose that game convincingly as Kearse is destroyed on this board due to an awful game.

Sports are funny like that.

And again what he did 2 years ago means nothing. It's week 11 in 2016, who gives a crap if he had a winning TD two years ago. Paul Richardson is the better option in the passing game TODAY.

titan3131

Reaction score
watch this- This is from the pats game and look who isnt looking like a team player anymore.

I am of the firm belief he is on his way to Percy Harvin levels of cancer.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/hwkbgr/status/798183187289509888[/tweet]

Not to mention Kearse is trash, and cannot be a consistent force as a receiver on this team. McEvoy has only made plays and is much better of a WR archtype.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't see what you tried to post?