It's time to sit Jermaine Kearse

titan3131

Reaction score
titan3131":2nixfcmg said:
watch this- This is from the pats game and look who isnt looking like a team player anymore.

I am of the firm belief he is on his way to Percy Harvin levels of cancer.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/hwkbgr/status/798183187289509888[/tweet]

Not to mention Kearse is trash, and cannot be a consistent force as a receiver on this team. McEvoy has only made plays and is much better of a WR archtype.

Can you see this tweet?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
^ There is not even a hint of 'cancer' from Kearse. His focus is not even on the playful interaction between RW and ADB, you are just imagining things.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
titan3131":lkw8hhbg said:
titan3131":lkw8hhbg said:
watch this- This is from the pats game and look who isnt looking like a team player anymore.

I am of the firm belief he is on his way to Percy Harvin levels of cancer.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/hwkbgr/status/798183187289509888[/tweet]

Not to mention Kearse is trash, and cannot be a consistent force as a receiver on this team. McEvoy has only made plays and is much better of a WR archtype.

This is a lot of....nothing.

You see his face for a split second.

And I'm probably one of the bigger Kearse haters on tbe board.

Can you see this tweet?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
wait people want to bench a guy that's been on the team throughout wilson's career and played in two superbows so that we can see more of undrafted mcevoy who has 2 or 3 career catches?

uhm.

Sorry but if they were better than kearse they would be playing over kearse, what about this team and the coaches makes anyone think otherwise?

SeaChat

Reaction score
After a few years of watching Jermaine play, I don't think it has anything to do with what part of the season it is. Its much simpler than that, if he's hot, he's hot, he can catch damn near anything you throw anywhere in his vicinity when he is having a good day.

If he is having a bad day and just not hooking up, it's very likely going to continue to be one of those days. The one thing you can count on from Jermaine Kearse, is his uncanny ability to reel those impossible throws in, when we need it the most. Occasionally he'll not pull it off, but more often than not he is our salvation.

Year after year when you watch the season highlights, its Kearse, who you see making the miracle catches that have saved our asses time and again. In fact I'd be so bold as to say that if were not for Jermaine Kearse, the Seattle Seahawks might not ever have made it to the Super Bowl bids we found our way into.

Jermaine is not a Doug Baldwin, Jimmy Graham, Tyler Lockett or Luke Wilson for that matter, he will never command the kind of Salary those guys can and will if not already. As talented as that receiver core is, it's almost always been Jermaine that has managed to pull down those one in a million impossible to catch passes that gives us the win or gives us the doorway to a win.

I know business is business and he will need to decide if he can do better for himself elsewhere, If or when the time comes that he decides he's not being paid enough, but I don't think he'll ever feel like he's not wanted or that he's not a real asset to the Seahawks offense, he's all that, and I think that all of us only want what is best for him, and ultimately the Seahawks. I for one was glad to hear that he decided to stay with the Seahawks this year.

I suspect that in the post season, this year, he got out there and discovered, that as valuable as he is to the Seahawks, that other teams were not going to put up the same kind of dollar for his services as the Seahawks were, or that they would for one of the other Seahawk receivers I mentioned.

That is a tough pill to swallow, when you discover your value limitations as a player, I think that happened for Jermaine, the offers, and I'm sure there were a few, were not what Seattle was offering, he realized in that moment that he probably had about as good a deal for himself as he was ever going to get and came on back home to the Seahawks, where he truly belongs and is appreciated.

I believe that Jermaine Kearse will continue to have a home with the Seattle Seahawks for so long as he can continue to perform at the same levels he has over the years. If something happens and he suddenly becomes a much more consistent receiver that what he has been in the past, he'll get a bigger paycheck , He understands, as all of us do, that this is a business, and if it appears the dropsies is a chronic situation. that this time next year he will likely be looking for a position on another team, but I really don't see that happening.

Ozzy

Reaction score
PFF has Kearse as the worst starting WR in the NFL. I'm not a huge fan of them but that's somewhat telling.

chris98251

Reaction score
austinslater25":3f0ez2b8 said:
PFF has Kearse as the worst starting WR in the NFL. I'm not a huge fan of them but that's somewhat telling.

Ahh the Fantasy junkies website, no wonder so many hate him here, if he's not putting up fantasy numbers he must be garbage since they don't track blocks and supporting roll statistics.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
chris98251":1il21xxz said:
austinslater25":1il21xxz said:

Ahh the Fantasy junkies website, no wonder so many hate him here, if he's not putting up fantasy numbers he must be garbage since they don't track blocks and supporting roll statistics.

What are you talking about? I'm a fantasy junkie and I never use PFF for fantasy purposes. No one does. PFF does track WR blocks and other stats besides catches and yards

chris98251

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":zyzq4blh said:
chris98251":zyzq4blh said:
austinslater25":zyzq4blh said:

What are you talking about? I'm a fantasy junkie and I never use PFF for fantasy purposes. No one does. PFF does track WR blocks and other stats besides catches and yards

Well to get the grades etc you have to buy the subscription and since you don't use it I guess we don't really know but nice to know they track that stuff from someone that doesn't use it. :)

Ozzy

Reaction score
The main purpose of PFF isn't fantasy football, that came way after the inception of the site.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Kearse is still on the team because he is likely a good teammate, can block, and seems to be good pals with RW, ADB, and others. I know he has had some big catches for us in the past but I do not see why he gets Largent like status around here?? Kearse is not consistent and overall has bad hands, isn't very quick, and isn't all that shifty on routes. He is more often than not in one on one coverage and against even average DB's he gets rubbed out of the play easily. He does get targets because teams don't feel the need to over cover him. We know Lockett and Richardson will never be that blocking WR but I think that search for that big WR will come sooner than later. It is not like anyone in the league was lining up at Kearse's door to sign him . IMO he got the contract with what he has done and likely because his signing would keep morale up. This will be his last contract here as imo he is getting too much money for what he does out there.

cheese22

Reaction score
3rd & goal and with all those weapons, they throw to Kearse on a slant? He gets no separation or inside position and we settle for a fg.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Kearse had the most targets today.

He did not have the most receptions.

Largent80

Reaction score
We win another game, but more whining about the dead horse which has already been pounded into paste.

Y'all are a bunch of winning (whining) LOSERS.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Sort of felt bad for Kearse today. He had a rough one. No whining for me though. Offense rolled today.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
austinslater25":32aojcqm said:
Sort of felt bad for Kearse today. He had a rough one. No whining for me though. Offense rolled today.
It's the second straight game where he got several early targets but missed on about half of them. RW was off on at least two of them.

The pick they called him for was pretty frikkin iffy, he didn't even touch that LB.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":378t86s6 said:

"Kearse had the most targets today"........The MOST Targets....THE most targets....The most TARGETS....You don't see the significance in your statement, like Why would Wilson keep doing that?....Why is he still part of our Offensive strategies?....Maybe it could be that Pete, Bevell & Co. have come to rely on him coming through in some plays, helped to WIN some games, could be that he's maybe he is ONE of the better Run Blocking Receivers, but whatever the reasons, Pete still insists on putting him in the games, and that is good enough for me, and should be for all the un-knowing folks in here.

hburn21

Reaction score
scutterhawk":119jdn8j said:
HawkGA":119jdn8j said:

"Kearse had the most targets today"........The MOST Targets....THE most targets....The most TARGETS....You don't see the significance in your statement, like Why would Wilson keep doing that?....Why is he still part of our Offensive strategies?....Maybe it could be that Pete, Bevell & Co. have come to rely on him coming through in some plays, helped to WIN some games, could be that he's maybe he is ONE of the better Run Blocking Receivers, but whatever the reasons, Pete still insists on putting him in the games, and that is good enough for me, and should be for all the un-knowing folks in here.
What has he done this year to help win? Besides not catch a solid percentage of his targets and block. Real winning combo there for a wide receiver