It's time to sit Jermaine Kearse

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ivotuk":1b15fif4 said:
I rewatched the game last night, and you all are crazy. Russell was off several times throwing to Kearse. The one bad play on Jermaine's part was at the goal line when he tried to extend for a TD instead of taking the first down.

The deep throw down the right sideline, Russell underthrew it and Jermaine reached back to make sure the DB didn't intercept it. He's done this several times before.

Another short pass about 10 yards on the left side, Russell threw it too far out in front of Kearse, he barely got his hands on it while stretching out.

Russell also missed several throws to the left, throwing it out of the reach of "No E" and IIRC, Paul Richardson.

Jermaine is also a good blocker and a big body out there that has made some clutch catches for this team.

This board this week is so weird, we beat the Patriots, in their house, with New England coming off a bye, on a short week, traveling across the country, and all anybody can do is complain about Jermaine Kearse and Alex Collins.

That's just crazy.

I've been critical of Kearse long before this week. He's had balls bouncing off his hands all year, and previous years.

Love him as Husky, love him for the big catches he has made............just think we can do better at that position, that's all.

Jville

Reaction score
:177692: I refuse to become caught up is some ridiculous hissy fit over any of this years receivers. Russell Wilson and Darrell Bevell couldn't be more pleased with this receiver corp. It's an outstanding and talented group with which they mix and match for advantageous match ups. Post game reviews, with tell the truth sessions, are part of the program. Each game is addressed in a unique fashion. It's a winning formula. :2thumbs: We're in good hands with this team.

Go Hawks!

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
This is the same board that in the last 2 months has wanted to trade Jimmy, move on from Kam and replace the coaching staff. Kearse is a relative bargain and is nothing but clutch, the fact that Russ trusts him is all I need. And as another poster mentioned the money saved by letting him go is minimal.

NFC game winner

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 553

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2zh3j1tg said:
This is the same board that in the last 2 months has wanted to trade Jimmy, move on from Kam and replace the coaching staff. Kearse is a relative bargain and is nothing but clutch, the fact that Russ trusts him is all I need. And as another poster mentioned the money saved by letting him go is minimal.

Who said to cut him?

All most of us critics of Kearse are saying is it's time to give more reps to guys like Richardson and McEvoy.

Largent80

Reaction score
The problem with Richardson is he is like a Cornish game hen amongst a flock of turkeys. He is a friggin twig, can't block worth squat. He has more speed that Kearse but that's it.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I like Kearse and he can be clutch at times but I would like to see Richardson get more targets to see what he can do.

Largent80

Reaction score
ivotuk":3nhjw7ef said:
I rewatched the game last night, and you all are crazy. Russell was off several times throwing to Kearse. The one bad play on Jermaine's part was at the goal line when he tried to extend for a TD instead of taking the first down.

The deep throw down the right sideline, Russell underthrew it and Jermaine reached back to make sure the DB didn't intercept it. He's done this several times before.

Another short pass about 10 yards on the left side, Russell threw it too far out in front of Kearse, he barely got his hands on it while stretching out.

Russell also missed several throws to the left, throwing it out of the reach of "No E" and IIRC, Paul Richardson.

Jermaine is also a good blocker and a big body out there that has made some clutch catches for this team.

This board this week is so weird, we beat the Patriots, in their house, with New England coming off a bye, on a short week, traveling across the country, and all anybody can do is complain about Jermaine Kearse and Alex Collins.

That's just crazy.

That's what I said I saw on video as well and got disagreed with. It reminds me of when officials blow the replay videos during the games. Only, we are simply reporting what we see, not trying to find fault.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
You have to take the catches that Kearse helps others make and then add them to the catches that he himself makes.

Sunday night JK dropped a few but RW was off target and/or too careful and/or slow to get on target with the early game throws; whatever the case, Kearse was a good check down and the Hawks could easily have put up 40+ on the Pats.

The only play he must wish he had back was the drop at the 1, because of trying too hard to reach across the end zone.

This is a stupid thread, the guy is mostly rock-solid for us.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":24gi4bmq said:

NFC game winner

I do not recall that a majority of posters wished to trade Jimmy. Maybe a few more expressed their doubts about Kam.....and it is never unusual to hear howls of complaints about Darrell Bevell.
However, if Kearse continues to show the inability to grab those "catchable passes", then I'm sure that Wilson will lose confidence in him. We will see less and less of Jermaine.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":38tvhble said:

NFC game winner

Every ying has a yang. This more than likely seals the Super Bowl if it doesn't drop right through his bread basket.

Just making an observation and enjoying the discussion.

Attachments

• malcolm-butler-jermaine-kearse-nfl-super-bowl-xlix-new-england-patriots-vs-seattle-seahawks-85...jpg
    malcolm-butler-jermaine-kearse-nfl-super-bowl-xlix-new-england-patriots-vs-seattle-seahawks-85...jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 494

jammerhawk

Reaction score
On sitting Kearse?

My response is: Uh, no!

He is a valuable part of the O and every player has good days and bad days, he has made some great catches including the OT winner against GB in the playoffs. He'll make more great receptions before he's done here in Seattle.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
And this catch more than made up for that drop and should've went down as one of the greatest all time

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 487

razor150

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":huf7vz3e said:
And this catch more than made up for that drop and should've went down as one of the greatest all time

And if he makes the earlier catch we probably would have won, thus no need for last minute heroics. I'd rather have had the earlier catch that he dropped than that one.

Kearse almost singlehandedly lost a play-off game to the Packers, but he caught the winning catch. Great play, but it shouldn't even have been needed.

soje

Reaction score
rjdriver":3lpmug25 said:
Flyingsquad23":3lpmug25 said:

NFC game winner

Every ying has a yang. This more than likely seals the Super Bowl if it doesn't drop right through his bread basket.

Just making an observation and enjoying the discussion.

I still remember the moment when he dropped that pass. It was a 3rd and whatever and I felt then that if that ball had been caught the game would have been over.

Looking at that picture though, can the CB hold the WR arm like that? Isn't that PI?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3pynof6p said:
Eventually the Hawks will get a real big bodied split end WR to replace him but for now we are stuck with him. He's just a guy.

You mean like a Tanner McEvoy?

I love Kearse's overall game, and he and Russell are on the same page.
Kearse is super football-smart, Russell trusts him, and his ability to catch contested deep balls gives us a legit deep threat other teams have to respect.

Pete values Jermaine Kearse highly because he does so many little things that help win games.

I wouldn't mind seeing McEvoy get a few more snaps, and Richardson is coming along as well. Having a relative excess of talent at the WR position, with McEvoy, Richardson, etc. is a happy problem for a coach to have.

chris98251

Reaction score
austinslater25":ypwo2j3z said:

Well I guess we can have our Small WR's lay out those 220 plus pound SS and FS and LB's and spend most the season on IR as long as they can put up a catch or two for over 30 yds once every other game or so the fantasy stats look good for them.[/quote]

Like Tanner M? He's bigger than Kearse and WR's are rarely asked to take on 220 lb SS let alone FS's. If you want to pay 4 million for a guy who struggles with drops and takes on a SS maybe once a game then you're entitled to your opinion. I think a combination of Richardson and Tanner M have more upside for much less money and we can utilize that money elsewhere. I'm entitled to that opinion as well.[/quote]

Not your money, Richardson has yet to prove himself able to play game in and game out, McEvoy, the guys name you didn't seem to know but want over Kearse has shown flashes on Special teams much like Kearse, has shown flashes in making catches much like Kearse did early on, but limited and may need to learn more about blocking and the run game to be a full participant, If memory serves he is a former QB and may not have that part of his game polished enough to be a every down player also. That's my entitled opinion.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I think we are spoiled with the consistency of Doug Baldwin.

I've seen Russell make some off throws to Doug many times, but somehow someway Doug gets them even if it seems like the ball is a foot away.

I think we just all want that consistency from Kearse. I think this sunday he will be better.

Latest posts