It's time to sit Jermaine Kearse

Seafan

Reaction score
Seems like Russ saves his worst throws of each game for Jermaine. It must drive Kearse crazy.

misfit

Reaction score
I thought about making a similar thread.

the reality is the combo of Kearse memorable big plays and husky Homers will make sure they always run to his rescue in discussions like this

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Seafan":1b6lg1db said:
Seems like Russ saves his worst throws of each game for Jermaine. It must drive Kearse crazy.

I thought that, but it just happens to much so I think there is something more. It's why I thought perhaps they just have no chemistry together, they just can seem to get on the same page perhaps.

chris98251

Reaction score
Guess that's why Russell said he played a good game and post game Pete said Kearse had a good game as well.

They just must be Husky Homers though.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I mean no disrespect but I have not read through this thread. Mostly because I don't want the tone of the thread to taint my opinion of this subject matter, and my opinion of this subject matter is that it appears to me that either Russell or Bevell is forcing the ball to Kearse far too much in games. The cat ain't worth it. For every brilliant catch or play he makes, he drops 10 balls.

Okay 5 balls. Maybe 3. Still, the point stands.

I have no beef with the man personally. His "Kearse Words" on Seahawks Saturday on Q13 is always funny to me. He seems like a cool dude you would naturally root for. But on the field? He's feast or famine.

I have made it a point to tell people around me in this past month that the Seahawks seem to be forcing footballs his way and I don't have a clue why? When you have Graham and Baldwin and Lockett...Why force so many balls to Kearse?

He seems to only catch the ball 50% of the time, no?

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
I think the defense have to shade coverage elsewhere and that leaves Kearse in most cases wide open on the sideline and one on one in the redzone.....it's really up to Kearse on whether he steps up or not.....ironically, I've thought about what happened if Kearse wasn't on the field and we needed to lean on Paul Richardson for these blocks, catches and plays....??

Ironically, I've have been disgusted on draft days the last 3 seasons and been burned almost every time....didn't like the picks of players like Glowinski, Prosise, Richardson, thought Reed was just a system guy at Bama and didn't think much of Britt...they've made almost all of the picks work and mixed with Fant, Rawls, McEvoy, the trades for McCray, Thorpe and finding Eliliott, helped soften the blow of Michael, Tye Smith and Tharold Simon.....players we have not missed because of our FA and front office.

What is best for me in watching the game was seeing John Schneider working with laptop, binoculars, making notes while we were on defense.....probably grading John Jenkins during his snaps or watching every aspect.....I'm certain that with Webb a healthy scratch yesterday that if there is a way to make Kearse more productive the next 2 years, either by bringing in another player or seeing in Kenny Lawler can play, so be it.....until then, it's Kearse for me over Richardson, Lawler and there are pieces on the roster we can be more critical of (long snapper, Gilliam, can Nick Vannett actually play), vs picking on Kearse because the defense shades elsewhere.

Optimus25

Reaction score
misfit":1tfv4w52 said:
I thought about making a similar thread.

the reality is the combo of Kearse memorable big plays and husky Homers will make sure they always run to his rescue in discussions like this

Lol....sooooo if someone wants to defend kearse around here to you, they must argue without bringing up the fact that he has numerous receptions in the top ten Seahawks all time catches?.

That's like saying you can try to defend Wilson as a good qb but you can't tell me anything about his fourth quarters...

Ozzy

Reaction score
chris98251":3cch628m said:
Guess that's why Russell said he played a good game and post game Pete said Kearse had a good game as well.

What are they supposed to say? Russell threw it in as an afterthought. What exactly did Kearse do that was good in your eyes yesterday? Enlighten me. League worst passer rating of ALL WR'S when targeting Kearse on the year. Yeah were all just haters for no reason. :irishdrinkers:

Hawks46

Reaction score
I like Kearse personally, and he does have value blocking and elsewhere, but I'd honestly like to see McEvoy getting some of his snaps.

I'm not saying bench the guy, but get some more chemistry and experience with McEvoy and Wilson. McEvoy is a good blocker and at 230 is also a ton more effective without being as polished in our system. Also, at 6'6" he brings a different skill set to the WR corps, as he'll catch contested balls much easier. Balls that Kearse can (and does) make, but makes it a whole lot tougher than Mac would. Not to mention that McEvoy is actually a lot faster than Kearse is.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":ac92zg9y said:

Kearse does have good games, blocking, route running and from time to time even catching a ball or two.

So yes, he is at this point a more well rounded dependable WR than either Richardson or McEvoy. But that doesn't mean I'm happy with Kearse being our #2 or #3 receiver, as he just doesn't make enough plays for me, and disappears for weeks at a time.

Sorry, not good enough for a team as talented as this.

Megatron

Reaction score

Ozzy

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1bqtdzwt said:
austinslater25":1bqtdzwt said:
Not for that production and as possibly your 4th best option in the passing game.

I get what you're saying but I think Kearse's presence must be considered in excess of pure numbers. Russell goes to him in the big moments. I have no data to back this up yet but I believe the frequency with which Kearse is targeted goes up as Seattle gets closer to the end zone. Russell is comfortable with him and throws to him as such. Though his numbers may not warrant his salary I doubt he goes anywhere.
You may be right. For what it'a worth brock in today's blue 42 seemed as dumbfounded by it as I and many others are. Also said expect someone else to take over for Kearse(at some point) because he just isn't producing. This is coming from the biggest husky homer of them all for obvious reasons. He echoed what you said. In his opinion it doesn't make much sense but Russell has an unwavering belief in Kearse.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Crazy-long thread abt a #3 WR. They won't replace him until somebody comes along who can set the pick and block as well as Kearse does. Very doubtful P-Rich's narrow butt can get that done. Tanner might eventually get there, but not this season.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

capncrunch

Reaction score
Hawks46":j734eb8w said:
I like Kearse personally, and he does have value blocking and elsewhere, but I'd honestly like to see McEvoy getting some of his snaps.

I'm not saying bench the guy, but get some more chemistry and experience with McEvoy and Wilson. McEvoy is a good blocker and at 230 is also a ton more effective without being as polished in our system. Also, at 6'6" he brings a different skill set to the WR corps, as he'll catch contested balls much easier. Balls that Kearse can (and does) make, but makes it a whole lot tougher than Mac would. Not to mention that McEvoy is actually a lot faster than Kearse is.

Yeah. I agree with this. I think Peter and Darrell are thinking the same thing to tell you the truth and expect to see McEvoy get more action with Kearse less in the weeks to come. I'm not sure what to say about Lawler yet.