Is Seahawks.net your favorite place to talk Seahawks online?

Is .NET your favorite place to talk Seahawks online?

• Yes

Votes: 69 77.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters

AKNFidel

Reaction score
I was here before .Net was .Net. This all started back in 97-98 from a San Diego Chargers fan named Daniel Chang. He started several other forums bust mostly focused on AFC West teams. BartHawk was the Seahawks Administrator at that time and Tom (Cheinhill) joined around 99-00. After that Steve Harper & THE TABS came aboard. I drifted away from the site at around 2003, when it became 5 people talking to each other. New people would try to post questions or try to start conversations and it would be either ignored and met with hostility. From then on I’ve most read but not posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
I only need one and this is it. Before .net I was with SeahawkBlue. I really liked it. There's a cool bunch of guys but things got really stupid. Someone got bent and shut it down for about a week with no notice or anything.

That's when I found you and haven't looked back. I don't post a lot, but I'm on here about every day and enjoy it here... except the day after a loss, lol. :shock:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I quit smoking in '98' and needed a fix, I stumbled into this place, and I ain't gone nowhere's else since.
They say "You Can't Teach An Old Dog New Tricks", not true, this old dog has learned plenty here on .NET....Just had to learn how to get out of my own way :mrgreen:
Thanks Todd & his henchmen :baityes:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
AKNFidel":3pguq7uu said:
I was here before .Net was .Net. This all started back in 97-98 from a San Diego Chargers fan named Daniel Chang. He started several other forums bust mostly focused on AFC West teams. BartHawk was the Seahawks Administrator at that time and Tom (Cheinhill) joined around 99-00. After that Steve Harper & THE TABS came aboard. I drifted away from the site at around 2003, when it became 5 people talking to each other. New people would try to post questions or try to start conversations and it would be either ignored and met with hostility. From then on I’ve most read but not posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is really cool info

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
2nd fav for me. Just too much negatively after a loss. It drives me away.
Yet, this is the best forum for up to date team knowledge and education.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I also agree with those that said they stay away after a loss because of the negativity (that should be telling for some, you're actively driving people away because you're a tool). Overall this is the only place I contribute and one of the few places I read regularly. I used to be active on the Seattle Times Forums way back in the late 2000's but had to find somewhere new when they stopped managing the forums and a single cowboy fan with too much time on his hands took over the forums. I came here and to my amazement that same cowboysP was here too (follow some of us from ST forums). What made me stick was how quickly and effectively the mods took care of that creep...

mrt144

Reaction score
I was banned from Fieldgulls for taking exception to a dummy. So the answer is yes ;)

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
This is number 1 for me.

The negativity doesn't bug me. We are all fans and it sucks to lose and we all deal with it differently. I dont care for "fake" fans that act like seahawks fans but aren't and just try to push buttons. I also like speaking football and sometimes we disagree with each other but i enjoy the time.

Go hawks!

Ozzy

Reaction score
This place feels like home so yes but I'll also check out the Seahawks sub on Reddit and I'm hooked on Seahawks twitter as weird as that place gets sometimes.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I usually leave when the extremists show up, but other than that, definitely my place to talk Hawks.

BobbySwagner

Reaction score
Only place I seem to learn anything. I never post, but get a lot out of reading what a lot of you guys have to say. Thanks

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Without any shadow of a doubt....this is the place to be for all Seahawk talk. I don't frequent any other forums. They just don't compare.

Reaction score
Love .net even tho I got kicked off once for Saying Djack will probably go to the 49ers N I got kicked off for starting rumors! Two days later guess what he went to the 49ers! Seems the powers that be are much more relaxed now days! I love me some .net! When I meet a fellow 12 I ask them if they post on .net if they ask me what's that or no I don't think they are to much of a die hard! Either that or they do not have Internet access! Keep up the good work guys it's appeciated!

Clayfighter

Reaction score
I typically start at Fieldgulls and when I run out of articles I come here and mostly lurk. There are good knowledgeable peeps here and IDGAF about negativity. We all need to vent after a loss right ;).

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
The 5 sites I visit on a daily basis, some multiple times daily, pretty much in this order.

#1: Seahawksdraftblog.com
- THE BEST for informative content regarding the draft. Very good content & comments. + Many great posters.

#2: Fieldgulls.com
- BUT, the site manager is often an a**hat with weird opinions & especially his inability to write or speak well is poor.

#3: Seahawks.net
- BUT, I don't come here for at least several days after a loss due to extreme & irrational negativity by a handful of guys.

#4: Hawkblogger.com
- Generally provides decent content and before/after game information, with sometimes slightly weird opinions.

#5 Seahawkswire.usatoday.com
- For timely and often early notification of Seahawks news.

:smilingalien:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Not for 5 years. Since Les passed away, there have been so many solid posters and mods that have left that I don’t frequent this board near as much as I used to.
I have found other places for team discussion and better news sources. This place used to be a family but now it’s full of argumentive whiny babies, tons of negative nellies, and gossip. The Twitter age has ruined everything if you ask me. Just speaking personal opinion.