massari

Reaction score
He's clearly an all time great, just not in the same tier as the GOAT

giphy.gif

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Absolutely. But you have to define your definition of All-Time Great. Does that mean X amount of SB rings? Then no he is not. However, if you are talking purely what he has accomplished on the field then absolutely. He's broken countless NFL records in the first 10 years he's been in the league and while his top speed and Houdini escapability act is in his past, he is still one of the most deadliest accurate QBs in the league with the best deep ball in the business.

Tom Brady is the GOAT because of what he accomplished, not because he was "The best QB to ever play the game" from a technical/skill/athletic viewpoint. That argument remains open to debate.

In my opinion, if Russ retired tomorrow he has already stamped his ticket to Canton and will be considered one of the all-time greats. If he can remain lucky in health (this past season being an outlier) I think he has a legitimate shot for at least one more ring if not two.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Can you be an all time great QB while never receiving a single MVP vote? Ever?

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
He’s in the top 25-30 of QB’s all time. It will take another SB or two to put him in the top 15. At times he looks like an MVP others not do much.

He’s also had to play in very tough division with some excellent defenses.

Throwdown

Reaction score
HOF yes

All time great? Debatable. I don’t think he’s ever been considered the best QB in the league during his career it’s always been Brady, Rodgers, now mahomes.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Not sure. I think he still has something to prove before getting that status. Top tier QB right now, absolutely. All-time great? Maybe not (yet).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Now?

No. If we were just standing around watching a game drinking beers and I said name your all time NFL QB greats.

You'd probably have a pretty short list. Marino, Montana, Brady, Manning, maybe you'd throw in old timers like Bradshaw and Namath.

I highly doubt you'd say Russell Wilson.

Now would you in another 10 years? Maybe. But if we're talking about on 2/8/2022? No, I would not say Russell's in this group for me.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1vm4ltfj said:
Now?

No. If we were just standing around watching a game drinking beers and I said name your all time NFL QB greats.

You'd probably have a pretty short list. Marino, Montana, Brady, Manning, maybe you'd throw in old timers like Bradshaw and Namath.

Now would you in another 10 years? Maybe. But if we're talking about on 2/8/2022? No, I would not say Russell's in this group for me.

A Warren Moon vs RW discussion might be interesting.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":p88z4hag said:
Sgt. Largent":p88z4hag said:
Now?

Idk bout this comparison, but I can tell you Moon would be a top 10, if not a top 5 all time NFL QB if he didn't have to go play six years in the CFL first before someone gave him a chance in the NFL.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":xkrjy6hq said:
Idk bout this comparison, but I can tell you Moon would be a top 10, if not a top 5 all time NFL QB if he didn't have to go play six years in the CFL first before someone gave him a chance in the NFL.

Truth.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Can you imagine his numbers w/out those seasons in the CFL? Damn. Moon was a beast.
Over 49 thousand yards passing and 291 TD's in the NFL alone.
233 interception is really high though.

Russ already has 292 TD's and only 87 Interceptions. Along with 37 thousand yards passing and a 65 percent completion percentage.

He's not an all time great obviously, yet. But he's well on his way. Those numbers and his winning percentage don't lie. No matter how hard people try to deny it.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1l6wd363 said:
JayhawkMike":1l6wd363 said:
Sgt. Largent":1l6wd363 said:
Now?

Moon all day every day over Russell

Elemas

Reaction score
Great question and somewhat predictable answers on .net.

Comparing to TB? He’s referred to as the GOAT for a reason. That’s like saying Walter Payton was so-so compared to Barry Sanders and perhaps isn’t an all-time great.

Someone will say he’s not on a Montana or Marino level yet another will say he’s only won one SB (if you don’t know, Marino has zero).

What I’m saying is…answers will be objective in nature but, the numbers don’t lie. Russ has already set quite a few records which is even more amazing considering he has not played in a pass heavy offense.

Look at the attempts. Look at the TD/INT ratio. Look at the W-L record (another point that will be argued down to this being mainly due to defense).

Yes. He’s an all-time great QB. Numbers don’t lie. People do.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":35glw0nz said:
Sgt. Largent":35glw0nz said:
JayhawkMike":35glw0nz said:
Sgt. Largent":35glw0nz said:
Now?

How many Super Bowl appearances as a SEAHAWK QB.
Russ "All Day Every Day over" Moon.

toffee

Reaction score
massari":286o976x said:
He's clearly an all time great, just not in the same tier as the GOAT

giphy.gif

You got that right, Brady is no doubt all time great, but our Russ is in a different tier as the GOAT.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
scutterhawk":33agtm1k said:
OrangeGravy":33agtm1k said:
Sgt. Largent":33agtm1k said:
JayhawkMike":33agtm1k said:

How many Super Bowl appearances as a SEAHAWK QB.
Russ "All Day Every Day over" Moon.[/quote

What does that have to do with anything

NINEster

Reaction score
No.

But only because the standard is so high.

By decades

1960s - Unitas
1970s - Staubach
1980s - Montana, Marino, Elway
1990s - Young, Favre
2000s - present : Brady, Peyton , Rodgers, Brees

This is a fair list. An all time great means you are considered top 10 for the position, and I listed 12 above.

Wilson is in the category maybe of Big Ben, Rivers, Eli. Hall of Famers most likely.

He does have attributes that are worthy of all time greatness (deep ball, scrambling), combined with some good stats.

But it's not enough.

Kenneth Easley, is an all time great. Steven Largent is an all time great.

The LOB and Wagner are in consideration.