Is Jimmy Graham Soft?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
When you are able to make a living by catching balls over the middle, you are not soft.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
I've seen him hold onto enough balls over the middle while taking huge hits to call him soft. He's not built like a blocking TE though. He's super lean in the lower body which doesn't bode well for his ability to anchor unless he already has a size advantage.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
flmmkrz":1a8ijw2u said:
chris98251":1a8ijw2u said:
He is not a physical player, soft is different.

this

Yes. He doesn't use his size advantage very well. He has no power at the point of contact unless he has a full run up to a defender. Even then he can only over power smaller db's. To me someone is physical when they can win heads up with someone the same size or larger then them. Jimmy absolutely can't. He also takes contact with his pad level way too high. I've never seen him play basketball, but watching him on a football field he strikes me as a guy on the court who plays several inches shorter than he actually is. Some players just don't understand leverage all that well and some naturally have it. He doesn't

Threedee

Reaction score
I always said he was soft in NO, so, I'm not going to walk it back now. Great to see that his production is up lately.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":3k5ph7jy said:
You should probably ask him and let us know how it turns out.

Chances are he would take a Flyer on the question :)