In before the negative jackasses want to throw in the towel.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Seymour":129h0216 said:
How can we complain if we're going 1-0 every week?

:lol:

Unfortunately bad play more often than not foretells the future. Let's hope this not the case now.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Cyrus12":11cuflsl said:
Should of lost but Bengals bungled some key plays. I'm hoping its rust. The secondary is trash and they are going to get lit up all season long.

IT maybe, but, having a linebacker cover someone like Ross isn't going to help our secondary. I think any team will have delusional thoughts with that match up.

timmat

Reaction score
The Seahawks under Pete usually play (and often win) close games. Regardless of the quality of the opponent, it is rarely as pretty as we would prefer, but very often a W at home.

Even in the prime of our run, remember all the Ws against lesser opponents that were much closer games than anticipated.

Areas for concern? - absolutely. Shocking that we won ugly? - absolutely not.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Negative jackasses threw in the towel when in their first game Seattle only scored 12 points and barely pulled out a win. Oh, that was September 2013.

We should come to expect slow starts, but people still expect a blowout every first game of the year.

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2tai62pr said:
justafan":2tai62pr said:
CANADIAN_HAWK":2tai62pr said:
1st game of year. Last year we lost to Broncos and year before that barely beat the Dolphins. We will adjust and be alright. RELAX... So many fair weather fans out thete damn!

Agreed. I couldnt even watch football if i was that negative.Radish game day forum is almost unreadable.

Yeah the truth hurts we looked like ass and won.

But you must be from this generation so to make you feel better.

Hqdefault

I am not from that generation. By a long shot! (much older) It was sloppy and it was a tough game to watch, but if you have been watching for long you know it is not over until it is over. Was not even sure if we were going to pull it off. But I am not going to go doomsday negative. GET OVER IT!!!!!!! we won. :irishdrinkers:

Elemas

Reaction score
"OMG...Relax". "First game..don't get your panties in a bunch". "A win is a win..it's fine". "Fair weather fan..." (comprehension...lost), "Let's not over react"...etc

You know...the typical responses you're going to get from Cool Dude _____ because, it's "just" the first game and their football knowledge is on such a high level that they need to step in and calm baby down.

Everyone knows it's the first game. Everyone knows that we'll win ugly no matter the opponent. Everyone knows what the run game does and Pete's approach towards it.

But with that said, they played like shit. Dalton, without AJ Green, destroyed the secondary. 418 yards? Our amazing run game netted 72 yards against a very...very...very low ranked defense.

The sky's not falling. You're right calm, cool, collected d00ds.
Optimism is...great! But it shouldn't be that hard to fairly admit that they looked pretty damn horrible today.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
You're correct...a win is a win and I am happy with a W.
That being said, there are areas that need to see improved play, namely the Oline and the secondary.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1lzzskom said:
Some negativity is warranted. This was sloppy

No idea what Thompson was doing on that deep pass. Our O-line should have made strides, so that is concerning. Lockett disappeared for the entire game.

On the bright side though, we do usually start slow. So I’ll take the win. DK also looks like the real deal
Sure it was sloppy. It almost looked like the starters didn't play together in the pre-season.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":21q0wz7c said:
Scorpion05":21q0wz7c said:
Some negativity is warranted. This was sloppy

No idea what Thompson was doing on that deep pass. Our O-line should have made strides, so that is concerning. Lockett disappeared for the entire game.

On the bright side though, we do usually start slow. So I’ll take the win. DK also looks like the real deal
Sure it was sloppy. It almost looked like the starters didn't play together in the pre-season.

Every team in the league can say that. not every team was dog poop sloppy

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Meh. It's week one. I was bummed along with every other 12 that this wasn't a blow out. But suck it up buttercups, a win is a WIN in this league! By 1 point or 100.

The Bengals came to play and win this game. We had no clue what they were going to do with a new HC and scheme and it showed in the first half. They had no film, no way to gameplan and it showed man! Big deal!

Week 1.

1-0.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team won, and at the end of the season that presently ugly W will look as good as the 33-3 shellacking the Patriots handed the Steelers tonight, both were Ws and both count the same on the score sheet, both will look good in time.

I thought the Hawks OLine played poorly and didn’t give Wilson much time, the Hawks running game was solid but their pass D at the edges of zones was terrible. The pass rush was there but not quite getting home and needed to, but it gave me hope that it is going to be an impressive defensive weapon. The game was a sloppy game for the team and there were lots of mistakes that will be revealed on film and can be fixed.

Now on to Pittsburgh and the Steelers, I ‘ll take ugly again if it translates to another W. As for the Steelers they looked far worse tonight than the Hawks did, both teams will look better next week. However, Seattle is 1-0 and Pittsburgh is 0-1.

ivotuk

Reaction score
How is it that everyone here KNOWS that the Seahawks are "So Much Better Than the Bengals"?

What proof do you have? The preseason? What you heard on TV? Something you read online?

This is the first game of the season! We won! One thing this team has done a lot of, starting slow, and winning in the end.

I'd like to see what evidence people have that says we should have blown out the Bengals. Las Vegas? Seahawks. They said we were supposed to lose the SuperB Owl.

Relax, let Pete get things in order. I know it can be hard when you expect a big win (been there many times), but squeak one out instead. But the players put their Heart and Soul in to this team, and no one feels worse than they do when they don't play up to expectations. Cut the players some slack. This team will get much better. And remember, Dissly is coming off a NASTY injury. IMHO, It's unfair to criticize Will.

justafan

Reaction score
chris98251":3q7y06pu said:
justafan":3q7y06pu said:
CANADIAN_HAWK":3q7y06pu said:
1st game of year. Last year we lost to Broncos and year before that barely beat the Dolphins. We will adjust and be alright. RELAX... So many fair weather fans out thete damn!

Agreed. I couldnt even watch football if i was that negative.Radish game day forum is almost unreadable.

Yeah the truth hurts we looked like ass and won.

But you must be from this generation so to make you feel better.

Hqdefault

Nope I have been a diehard fan since we first got a team.I come from a time you dont get online and cry every time a play gets blown up. I dont act like i know more about football than the coaches or act like I could have made the play. The internet has made us all smarter about the game but we still dont know as much as we think we know.

I love watching the games and get stoked over every win. In some sick way I especially love sloppy wins that dont go according to plan. Thats my choice.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It was plenty ugly, but people seem to enjoy being angry after a WIN. To each his/her own I guess.
Go Hawks

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The Seahawks aren't going to win the Super Bowl.

They likely won't win the division.

It'll be hard enough just to make the playoffs.

If you enjoy games week to week, including this win, and they somehow start to put enough together then maybe it's time to start thinking about bigger things. But if you can derive no entertainment or happiness from them winning a game because you don't like how they look and "they'll NEVER blah blah blah without blah blah blah" then I don't understand why you're watching this stuff. It doesn't sound fun for you, at all.

There's things that need to improve and things to be annoyed by. They may straight up suck this season; it's week 1 and we won't know that much about this team or almost any other one until 2/3rds of the way through the season.

But being straight up pissed off all the time unless they play some perfect game blowout? That seems really miserable. This team is most likely going to win/lose almost all their games by small margins in frustrating manners. That's the NFL and that's the Seahawks.

xray

Reaction score
The Steelers got embarrassed by the Pats and will be very eager to get pay back by embarrassing the Hawks next week.
The OL and secondary better get it together or risk a blow out loss in Pittsburgh .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Bmore is exactly right. And after all these years w/Pete, why in the world would anyone expect something different than an ugly win? Sure they are CAPABLE of knocking the snot out of a team early and often. But that's just not how this team does things. They rarely win big and it's extremely rare that they lose by double digits.
Sure I would prefer they go for the throat, but it's not going to happen, ever.

Seahawk

Reaction score
Yay for the WIN! Now get in that team room and watch some film. Need to clean up a few things.

That last play looked like an incomplete pass to me, but there was only gonna be about 10 seconds left anyway and our D was playing them tough. Dalton was scrambling that whole series. I still think we would have won had it been called the other way.

McGruff

Reaction score
Seahawk":2x26nnlf said:
Yay for the WIN! Now get in that team room and watch some film. Need to clean up a few things.

Great idea.

I wonder why theyve never done that before.

Latest posts