In before the negative jackasses want to throw in the towel.

TreeRon

Reaction score
xray":13vws9ba said:
The Steelers got embarrassed by the Pats and will be very eager to get pay back by embarrassing the Hawks next week.
The OL and secondary better get it together or risk a blow out loss in Pittsburgh .

Using the same logic perhaps we are embarrassed by squeaking by a team we were grossly favored to win? Will we not be eager to show better?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, he's already decided the Hawks will get smoked by the Steelers and the Saints. Glad the team isn't afraid like some fans are.

themunn

Reaction score
This is only the 4th time in the Russell Wilson we have won the opening game.
2013 (Superbowl win)
2014 (Superbowl appearance)
2016 (Russell Wilson injury)

So as far as opening day results go, this one sits somewhere in middle - and of course ahead of 2012, 2015, 2017 and 2018.
I would say that at the very least this is the third best start to a season we have ever had under Wilson.

thegameq

Reaction score
It's not so much that we didn't blow them out. It's how bad we looked--especially after thinking things would be different after all the hype surrounding the offensive line and offense in general.

I know, I know-first game of the season...........

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Plenty of teams looked average at best yesterday. Sloppy play in week 1 isn't even close to being strange, it's common.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Was it pretty? NO! Hawks could have lost that game but they hung in there for a win. I'll take the W.

Defense looked OK up front, the secondary needs work, too much separation 10-15 yards. They did improve 2nd half.

Offense was outta sink, maybe cuz of 1st game of season. I worry about Ifedi!

This game gives the team a wake up call. Going to Pittsburgh next week they'll buckle down and work on there soft spots.

All and all they won a game that could of very well been a loss. I'm happy!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Throw in the towel? Lol, it's the first game, and we won.

We're ALWAYS a slow starting team, not only in games, but most seasons. 0-2 last year.

Not sure why with Russell, but for some reason that's the way it's always been.

LTH

Reaction score
ivotuk":3dvirixf said:
How is it that everyone here KNOWS that the Seahawks are "So Much Better Than the Bengals"?

What proof do you have? The preseason? What you heard on TV? Something you read online?

This is the first game of the season! We won! One thing this team has done a lot of, starting slow, and winning in the end.

I'd like to see what evidence people have that says we should have blown out the Bengals. Las Vegas? Seahawks. They said we were supposed to lose the SuperB Owl.

Relax, let Pete get things in order. I know it can be hard when you expect a big win (been there many times), but squeak one out instead. But the players put their Heart and Soul in to this team, and no one feels worse than they do when they don't play up to expectations. Cut the players some slack. This team will get much better. And remember, Dissly is coming off a NASTY injury. IMHO, It's unfair to criticize Will.

I totally agree! But more importantly its was a great game and I enjoyed watching it... I love nail biters!

LTH

seahawksny

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1jywhkev said:
Unless it is a win AT HOME against the freaking Bengals, who are fielding a barely there offensive line.

And you only win by a point.

We are better than the Bengals.

But we don't look better than many other teams right now.

Luckily the Cards look like crap too.

they didnt need to look better than any other team yesterday EXCEPT the Bengals

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Come on, winning has to look a certain way for it to be good enough.
W. Is anyone honestly surprised they won ugly yesterday in the opener? That has happened so many times, why expect anything else. Was the game frustrating? Hell yes it was. But 1 point win or 21 point win.....it all counts the some in that W column.