Importance of the Center position

Did the lack of a stud Center impact Seahawks playoff and suprBowl chances?

• Yes, definitely an underrated cause after Unger was traded.

Votes: 43 74.1%
  • Maybe, but Seahawks had good enough players so it shouldn’t have mattered.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Nope, the Center position is easy to replace and it doesn’t matter.

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Your arguments fell flat when RW tanked with Denver and the Seahawks made the playoffs while they try to rebuild and dump salary.

Get back to me when RW wins anything in Denver.

Lol. Your argument is a joke when Wilson was playing in a new scheme with a new head coach who was worthless and he lost his two biggest offensive weapons early on. Also, Seattle made the playoffs due to the Rams losing half the team to injuries and the Cardinals self destructing. Anyways, once Seattle did make it to the post season nobody even gave a thought of them winning. Even you have to admit that.

Mick063

Reaction score
Rusell Wilson is a lesser version of RG III that managed to avoid similar injuries because he knew how to slide into second base. When his legs were good, he was good. When he got fat and slow, he became the hobbled version of RG III that nobody in the NFL could make work.

He won't last the year as a starter in Denver. Sean Payton will do what he can to make it work, but Payton will quickly discover that he can't run his offense with a "two read" quarterback that can only work half the field.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Rusell Wilson is a lesser version of RG III that managed to avoid similar injuries because he knew how to slide into second base. When his legs were good, he was good. When he got fat and slow, he became the hobbled version of RG III that nobody in the NFL could make work.

He won't last the year as a starter in Denver. Sean Payton will do what he can to make it work, but Payton will quickly discover that he can't run his offense with a "two read" quarterback that can only work half the field.

Lol. Good lord. Now this place is comparing Wilson to RG3. Whats next? When has RG3 ever been handed the ball in the 4th quarter and been told to go win the game and how many times has he? Geesh people around here have short memories.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Lol. Your argument is a joke when Wilson was playing in a new scheme with a new head coach who was worthless and he lost his two biggest offensive weapons early on. Also, Seattle made the playoffs due to the Rams losing half the team to injuries and the Cardinals self destructing. Anyways, once Seattle did make it to the post season nobody even gave a thought of them winning. Even you have to admit that.
Tom Brady played in a new scheme with a new coach. I think we know how that went.

It doesn’t matter how you win or get to the playoffs. The Seahawks had a ton of injuries themselves and still made it.

There’s a chance we could win the division this year.
now we’re all lol. The Seahawks didn’t have any injuries last year, did they?

RW could use you on his hype team.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Tom Brady played in a new scheme with a new coach. I think we know how that went.

It doesn’t matter how you win or get to the playoffs. The Seahawks had a ton of injuries themselves and still made it.

It matters when you back in and dont really belong. Seattle was never going to win a playoff game last year and everybody knew that. They were first round fodder and was there only because somebody had to make it.

What injuries of importance did Seattle have last season that swayed games one way or another?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I forgot that Walker missed a few but that was later in the season. That ones on me.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Who gives a rats ass about how many sacks RW took last year. He was on the Broncos. His play had zero impact on what the Seahawks did.

In Russ’ defense, he was playing in a new system with a rookie head coach. Plus his #1 WR and RB were injured early (out for the season).
I didn't start on about him..Follow along the thread please

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Last edited:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You should follow your own advice since you chose to involve yourself in the thread. Because if you were following along the thread, you would have seen I said I don't care what RW does as a Bronco in an earlier post (https://www.seahawks.net/threads/importance-of-the-center-position.187419/post-2778236). Yet you posted his last season sacks in response to my post.
Ok so you wanted to lump in 3/Geno just with the Hawks ect got it..Ok but I was
going by sacks regardless..The whole point was he gets sacked a ton no matter where
he is and who he has on the OL.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
So was Denver? And they had a way better defense than TB. That Denver defense was incredible.

Come on. Denver didnt have Gronk, those receivers, and a Fournette that ran like he was 20 years old again.

toffee

Reaction score

Could use? What make you think that he or she is not a team 3 member?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The common theme among talking heads and Denver fans was a deep playoff run if not a Super Bowl run with RW.

If he was even competent they win 10 games with that defense.

Without his two best offensive weapons? Sure.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Without his two best offensive weapons? Sure.
They lost three games by one point and three more by a field goal.

If we flip those they are 11-6 instead of 5-12. They had a few other games settled by a touchdown.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
IMO Seahawks are going to roll with Evan Brown and Joey Hunt
We may go with Evan Brown this year, but I believe that P&J will be drafting our future Center this year... perhaps with one of our first five picks.