I'm Officially Worried about Richardson

General Manager

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":38wc3nel said:
Pandion Haliaetus":38wc3nel said:
I don't understand how Norwood nor Richardson really changes the equation or your hopes but its not like any of them were going to start or see significant snaps as the 4th, 5th, or 6th WRs.

Both these guys were ahead of all the other players you mentioned besides Kearse, Harvin and Baldwin as far as practice snaps. So not sure what you're saying.

We do need Richardson and Norwood to contribute this year, no way you can be comfortable going into the regular season with guys like Walters, Lockette and Clark being our 4-6 receivers.

Apparently Pandion doesn't think we will have any injurys . We need every one of these guys healthy and able to contribute because we will need them.

Hawks46

Reaction score
drdiags":2nn2ixcg said:
False alarm it seems:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/496395970288955392[/tweet]

Ok, now we can all relax here at .Net.....we're not the only ones that overreact.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
General Manager":2c7gkxuc said:
You guys aren't fooling anyone ,no one wanted Richardson with that pick every one is on record with who they wanted at WR and it wasn't PR. Maybe he will turn into a good WR maybe he won't but I'm tired of people getting attacked because they have the audacity to challenge the FO on a draft pick. That's just BS.

Well, first of all, just because some of us wanted another WR does not mean that we weren't happy with the pick. I wanted Cody Latimer, but when the FO took Richardson, I am on record as being happy about it.

Furthermore, no one here is getting attacked for challenging the FO on a draft pick. Most people are challenging the idea that we should be worried about Richardson's durability at this point because he's sat out a bit and is wearing a no-contact jersey.

General Manager

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2sq3am5u said:
General Manager":2sq3am5u said:
You guys aren't fooling anyone ,no one wanted Richardson with that pick every one is on record with who they wanted at WR and it wasn't PR. Maybe he will turn into a good WR maybe he won't but I'm tired of people getting attacked because they have the audacity to challenge the FO on a draft pick. That's just BS.

Well, first of all, just because some of us wanted another WR does not mean that we weren't happy with the pick. I wanted Cody Latimer, but when the FO took Richardson, I am on record as being happy about it.

Furthermore, no one here is getting attacked for challenging the FO on a draft pick. Most people are challenging the idea that we should be worried about Richardson's durability at this point because he's sat out a bit and is wearing a no-contact jersey.

That's fair and as a hawks fan I hope there right because they had a golden opportunity to get a very good WR out of this draft. I'm only concerned because I care and no one hates Richardson i want him to succeed we need him to succeed . To be honest though I found the whole draft to be underwhelming with the exception of Marsh.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
General Manager":czayn5by said:

I wanted Richardson, but wrote him off due to hand size. There were a lot of guys who were high on P-Rich.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
General Manager":2nx1hzmn said:

There is nothing audacious about complaining on a message board 'challenging' the FO about a draft pick. Pretty much par for the internet course. A real bunch of experts waiting for thier shining "TOLDYA SO" moment.

"Attacking" (your word, not mine, a little overly dramatic a term for someone disagreeing with you) someone on a forum for thinking they are NFL front office caliber talent evaluators is actually way less annoying than those same so-called 'expert' amateurs "challenging" the FO a bout who they decide to draft.

General Manager

Reaction score
Hawknballs":28ecectp said:
General Manager":28ecectp said:

There is nothing audacious about complaining on a message board 'challenging' the FO about a draft pick. Pretty much par for the internet course. A real bunch of experts waiting for thier shining "TOLDYA SO" moment.

"Attacking" (your word, not mine, a little overly dramatic a term for someone disagreeing with you) someone on a forum for thinking they are NFL front office caliber talent evaluators is actually way less annoying than those same so-called 'expert' amateurs "challenging" the FO a bout who they decide to draft.

There's disagreeing then there's someone just being a dick that's what I'm talking about some people take it to far . As far as talent evaluation this isn't rocket science give me a break.

kearly

Reaction score
Richardson is our defacto #4 WR right now, he's only going to see the field a few times a game. For that reason, I'm not too worried about him staying healthy. I'm also not too worried about the impact of him missing a game here and there.

General Manager

Reaction score
kearly":3n4ams9k said:
Richardson is our defacto #4 WR right now, he's only going to see the field a few times a game. For that reason, I'm not too worried about him staying healthy. I'm also not too worried about the impact of him missing a game here and there.

Right now Kearly but there will be injurys and we need these guys to be able to play and contribute it's that simple. If we do manage to stay healthy then I agree with you.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
General Manager":ov4oisg7 said:
There's disagreeing then there's someone just being a dick that's what I'm talking about some people take it to far . As far as talent evaluation this isn't rocket science give me a break.

You're right..because at least with rocket science - there is actual science involved. Trying to pretend you're a genius and know better when a whole team of professional talent evaluators with actual experience and careers built around the subject misses on a guy is a joke though. Sorry if saying so makes me a 'dick'. But it need to be said.

General Manager

Reaction score
Hawknballs":9n9bt286 said:
General Manager":9n9bt286 said:

You're right..because at least with rocket science - there is actual science involved. Trying to pretend you're a genius and know better when a whole team of professional talent evaluators with actual experience and careers built around the subject misses on a guy is a joke though. Sorry if saying so makes me a 'dick'. But it need to be said.

I'm going to put you at the top of that list of so called geniuses that think they know better because your no different than anyone else here .

Hawknballs

Reaction score
No porblem. Hey I'm sure there are several NFL teams who would love to have an expert like yourself on staff if only they knew about your expansive resume.

General Manager

Reaction score
Hawknballs":60d4f92z said:
No porblem. Hey I'm sure there are several NFL teams who would love to have an expert like yourself on staff if only they knew about your expansive resume.

I'm going to be the bigger man and let this drop even though you decided to make it personal have a nice day.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I don't see anything to be concerned with about in the least. Lots of players are held out of TC for minor things that wouldn't even merit a 'probable' on a mid season injury report.

This team doesn't ONLY develop in practice. They don't do a lot of things that other teams feel they need to do. Just last night, watching talking heads and ex coaches and players talk almost as if there is a virtue to a spirited TC fight. Pete doesn't go that way. Seattle doesn't need to go with that kind of dynamic to instill physicality. And they don't need to have players tough it out in TC in order to demonstrate their willingness to play with pain.

As for Richardson in particular. I've come to realize, both here and many of the other draft/NFL forums I frequent -- that there are simply a lot of people who harbored the original opinion that PR is a twig and can't stand up to the NFL punishment. And that they are quite simply never going to concede on that opinion ever. Even if he plays 3 straight years and subsequently has a 3-4 week injury. If he ever gets injured, we'll see all of the 'fragile twig' acolytes pour out of the woodwork to say they knew he wouldn't stand up to the rigors of the NFL season. I'd be willing to bet that just about everyone in this thread bemoaning his health today has a corresponding omen of doom post on his draft thread.

If he's like every other NFL player, he's going to miss some time. It is an occupational hazard of the NFL and most guys miss time. There is no expectation that Lee or Adams or Matthews or Latimer or any of the other WRs available when we picked at 32 would be any more durable.

Earl Thomas is among the smallest FS in the entire league. Yet nobody here is wringing their hands at his impending stint on IR because he's so slight and puts his puny little body in such dire peril. Size, or lack thereof, doesn't really have any relevance or predictive quality to whether a player is going to stand up to physical punishment.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":281skvpm said:
DavidSeven":281skvpm said:
Norwood, Britt, Pinkins, Bailey, Marsh, KPL and Staten have all been banged up and held out this past week. Norwood, Pinkins and Bailey are out with issues more serious than Richardson's. Not sure why Richardson should be singled out for "end of the world" treatment.

The only 2014 draft pick who made it through week 1 was Keiro Small.

Fair point, but I'd say a Norwood and Richardson are bigger concerns, considering how thin we are at WR.............and they play in a position group that has had the least amount of contact.

Have you ever played WR like the Hawks ask their WR's to play the position? And practice against the LOB?

General Manager

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1u6b3vh9 said:
I don't see anything to be concerned with about in the least. Lots of players are held out of TC for minor things that wouldn't even merit a 'probable' on a mid season injury report.

This team doesn't ONLY develop in practice. They don't do a lot of things that other teams feel they need to do. Just last night, watching talking heads and ex coaches and players talk almost as if there is a virtue to a spirited TC fight. Pete doesn't go that way. Seattle doesn't need to go with that kind of dynamic to instill physicality. And they don't need to have players tough it out in TC in order to demonstrate their willingness to play with pain.

As for Richardson in particular. I've come to realize, both here and many of the other draft/NFL forums I frequent -- that there are simply a lot of people who harbored the original opinion that PR is a twig and can't stand up to the NFL punishment. And that they are quite simply never going to concede on that opinion ever. Even if he plays 3 straight years and subsequently has a 3-4 week injury. If he ever gets injured, we'll see all of the 'fragile twig' acolytes pour out of the woodwork to say they knew he wouldn't stand up to the rigors of the NFL season. I'd be willing to bet that just about everyone in this thread bemoaning his health today has a corresponding omen of doom post on his draft thread.

If he's like every other NFL player, he's going to miss some time. It is an occupational hazard of the NFL and most guys miss time. There is no expectation that Lee or Adams or Matthews or Latimer or any of the other WRs available when we picked at 32 would be any more durable.

Earl Thomas is among the smallest FS in the entire league. Yet nobody here is wringing their hands at his impending stint on IR because he's so slight and puts his puny little body in such dire peril. Size, or lack thereof, doesn't really have any relevance or predictive quality to whether a player is going to stand up to physical punishment.

This notion that he can't take the physical nature of the NFL comes from professional scouts. It's not something anyone here made up so lets be clear about that . Some of us might be more concerned with it than others yes that's true but no one has said he can't be a very good WR in the NFL. He hasn't even played a game yet and all indications are he will play on Thursday, so right now there's nothing to worry about . They didn't draft him to be that kind physical WR for us anyway .

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I'm not saying that Paul Richardson will be like Desean Jackson but his scouting report was pretty much about his slim frame might not be able to take NFL hits as well, and heck even Tavon Austin's scouting report talks about it. It's always a concern and you hope for the best that they learn how to take those hits and avoid them as well. If we went on scouting reports alone, we would never draft Russell Wilson because of his height.

Latest posts