I'm Officially Worried about Richardson

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ukirquu said:
Sarlacc83":1ukirquu said:
So what you're saying is nothing will convince you because you don't want to listen. Got it; might as well end the thread.

Nope, so far no one's said anything convincing. Richardson wearing the red jersey today is not a good point in your counter argument. "He was hurt!, but now he's back with a red jersey! see! all is well!"

Nor have you made a good argument he's going to remain permanently hurt. You're just whining.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Its Football. Not Ballet. Get Over It.

Man, it wouldn't be .Net without the signature sky-is-falling-hate threads about certain players or the team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Geezus, it's August 4th. Yeah, let's all freak out about someone being dinged up at a practice :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":tsbs2rht said:
Sgt. Largent":tsbs2rht said:
Sarlacc83":tsbs2rht said:
So what you're saying is nothing will convince you because you don't want to listen. Got it; might as well end the thread.

Nope, so far no one's said anything convincing. Richardson wearing the red jersey today is not a good point in your counter argument. "He was hurt!, but now he's back with a red jersey! see! all is well!"

Nor have you made a good argument he's going to remain permanently hurt. You're just whining.

I think Richardson's inability to practice even one week without being sidelined is reinforcing his draft downgrades for being too slight.

"Whining" infers there's no basis for my concern, and there is now evidence to warrant said concern. That's all I'm saying.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Norwood, Britt, Pinkins, Bailey, Marsh, KPL and Staten have all been banged up and held out this past week. Norwood, Pinkins and Bailey are out with issues more serious than Richardson's. Not sure why Richardson should be singled out for "end of the world" treatment.

The only 2014 draft pick who made it through week 1 was Keiro Small.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Sgt. Largent":26bvz83h said:
Sarlacc83":26bvz83h said:
Sgt. Largent":26bvz83h said:
Sarlacc83":26bvz83h said:

I think Richardson's inability to practice even one week without being sidelined is reinforcing his draft downgrades for being too slight.

"Whining" infers there's no basis for my concern, and there is now evidence to warrant said concern. That's all I'm saying.

It's training camp. The idea is to not destroy your guys before they're ready, body and mind, for full speed football. He needs the reps but they're letting the shoulder heal. It's common sense. Grab a paper bag and chill. We can revisit this discussion in 4 weeks for some actual, "sky is falling" rhetoric.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1g22bzvm said:
Norwood, Britt, Pinkins, Bailey, Marsh, KPL and Staten have all been banged up and held out this past week. Norwood, Pinkins and Bailey are out with issues more serious than Richardson's. Not sure why Richardson should be singled out for "end of the world" treatment.

Its probably because he hated the Richardson pick and now wants to pat himself on the back for being right. And the truth of it is, if Richardson was 6'2, 200 pounds this probably wouldn't be a topic of conversation right now.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1tadft72 said:

Fair point, but I'd say a Norwood and Richardson are bigger concerns, considering how thin we are at WR.............and they play in a position group that has had the least amount of contact.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Think of it this way.... they're getting into football shape.

It takes some time.

That, and all it takes is a little bump or bruise to cause someone to sit this time of year.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
We have waived players and put some on IR already- but hey, let's obsess over one player who is just red-shirted during ultra- conservative-with- injuries TC. M-I-O-P-I-C!

General Manager

Reaction score
You guys aren't fooling anyone ,no one wanted Richardson with that pick every one is on record with who they wanted at WR and it wasn't PR. Maybe he will turn into a good WR maybe he won't but I'm tired of people getting attacked because they have the audacity to challenge the FO on a draft pick. That's just BS.

SirTed

Reaction score
richardson.JPG

Basis4day

Reaction score
General Manager":35to9hfe said:
You guys aren't fooling anyone ,no one wanted Richardson with that pick every one is on record with who they wanted at WR and it wasn't PR. Maybe he will turn into a good WR maybe he won't but I'm tired of people getting attacked because they have the audacity to challenge the FO on a draft pick. That's just BS.

And most of those WRers weren't available when the Hawks picked.

Richardson was the standard hawks pick. Huh? We've never heard of him. Go to Youtube. Love the Pick.

themunn

Reaction score
General Manager":3gpm78sk said:

Yeah, people wanted Brandon Coleman.
Remember when Cliff Avril and Zach Miller sat out the first 3 weeks of training camp last year?
If he's still wearing a red shirt in september you can worry, not 4 days into August

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
LOL you guys are funny, let's worry about him when he can't play in the regular season, for now we can't all go assuming things already, he hasn't even played his first game yet. They are probably taking extra caution with his shoulders don't want to aggravate it.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
General Manager":16kkvsmy said:

I was OK with the selection, we've never had a a pick with Richardson's skill set.

But the apprehension on his size continues to be valid. I guess we'll find out in the next month, he should get ample opportunity to prove me wrong.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":78ijaeoz said:
DavidSeven":78ijaeoz said:

Fair point, but I'd say a Norwood and Richardson are bigger concerns, considering how thin we are at WR.............and they play in a position group that has had the least amount of contact.

We aren't thin at WR. What is up with that perception. In reality only Golden Tate is missing from the corps of 6 WRs that the Seahawks beat New Orleans, San Fran, and the Denver and would win the Superbowl with. And Tate disappeared in those games.

The other 5 are still on the roster:

Harvin is healthy (until he's not I'll admit but it doesn't mean he's going to be) He's one of the best play-makers in the NFL.

Baldwin and Kearse are still getting better with each day of experience.

Walters is solid enough and savvy, also getting better.

Lockette is a so-so WR with elite speed and plus blocking but he too is also improving.

Then if we have to take Norwood out of the equation, you have other than Richardson:

Phil Bates who has been here for 2 years, he's big, strong, lengthy with great athleticism and has built quite the rapport with Wilson over those last 2 years.

Arceto Clark who has been here in the system for a year and looks like he has a niche as a slot WR type.

Kevin Smith with Kearse's help and tutelage has trumped the learning curve and has done well.

I don't understand how Norwood nor Richardson really changes the equation or your hopes but its not like any of them were going to start or see significant snaps as the 4th, 5th, or 6th WRs.

And let's not forget that both Zach Miller and Luke Willson are capable of adding 350-500, 5 TDs each to our Offense at the TE position and we have solid to good receivers in our backfield from Lynch to Small...

General Manager

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":26hped98 said:
General Manager":26hped98 said:

I was OK with the selection, we've never had a a pick with Richardson's skill set.

But the apprehension on his size continues to be valid. I guess we'll find out in the next month, he should get ample opportunity to prove me wrong.

I'm ok with it if he can play.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":ncus3o4g said:
I don't understand how Norwood nor Richardson really changes the equation or your hopes but its not like any of them were going to start or see significant snaps as the 4th, 5th, or 6th WRs.

Both these guys were ahead of all the other players you mentioned besides Kearse, Harvin and Baldwin as far as practice snaps. So not sure what you're saying.

We do need Richardson and Norwood to contribute this year, no way you can be comfortable going into the regular season with guys like Walters, Lockette and Clark being our 4-6 receivers.

Latest posts