If you had to pick a new team, who would it be?

Jville

Reaction score
I'd stay away from the storied franchises with fan bases suffering from "entitlement syndromes". I think they are a bad influence on young minds.

Growing and learning go hand in hand. What is valuable is the journey. Watching a team learn and grow. Game outcomes are just test results. Team preparation is where the daily work resides. It provides team insight. For fans that means keeping up with reports and articles during the week.

I would recommend an "entitlement free" team with the potential to go from cellar to contender.

My recommendation: The Jacksonville Jaguars with Gus Bradley.

However, most 13 year old youngsters exercise their free will by making their own choices.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I would think Chargers myself. My older brother was a Phins fan when we were growing up...and there were no hawks. A friend was an L.A. Rams fan. Good luck to you and your son. :)

The Outfield

Reaction score
While it's hard for me to contemplate rooting for anyone other than the Seahawks, I'd choose the Vikings.

mikeak

Reaction score
AFC team so any meaningful game against the Seahawks would be the Super Bowl only

He is 13 and should be able to keep a secret - Seahawks it is :)

chris98251

Reaction score
AFC, probably the Raiders again, NFC, Hmmmm Panthers maybe or the Saints as things stand now. Used to like the Rams back in the day when Carroll Rosenbloom was owner but could not do it now.

Kakaww

Reaction score
I was excited for the Browns this year after their start, then it all went downhill. I just can't help but to root a little for the Browns and Bills. That would be setting myself up for some serious disappointment though.

I'd probably want a team with a likable, talented young quarterback and Luck is growing on me.

Colts it is.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
They are really trying to push the Jags over here as the "UK team". I just hope I can be like the old knight at the end of Indiana Jones and say "you have chosen wisely". I suppose as long as it's not the whiners then it's all good.

His dad is a bit of an arse, I said that I would take the lad to an England game at Wembley and his dad said he had homework and couldnt go. Soon after that they started going together. My step son is made to feel guilty about anything we do. Anyway I digress, I'll let you know who he decides on.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kidhawk":17r88s72 said:
If I had no previous allegiance and no particular reason to align with a team such as local or anything, I would look at the list of teams that have never won a super bowl and select from those. I think being a fan of a team win it wins it's first Super Bowl would be a little more special than becoming a fan of a team that wins it's next super bowl.
I'd do the same. I'd say San Diego I like those powder blue uniforms.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Gotta be the Vikings. Aside from these last couple years they have been a great Franchise. They are EASILY the best Franchise that has not won a championship if you look at their history. They are usually pretty good and are tied for 5th in playoff appearances. They have made the playoffs the exact same ammount as the Steelers as a franchise but have nothing to show for it. That plus all the offensive playmakers that have been on that team the last 15 or so years. You have possibly 2 of the top 5 best WRs in NFL history to have played for them in Chris Carter and Randy moss and currently you have THE best running back in NFL history IMO in Peterson. With Patterson added on and Turner as OC I expect the vikings will be very fun to watch on offense this upcoming year. They also will have a brand new stadium in 2 years so there is that also. I think Zimmer and Turner will really turn that franchise around from the crap coaching that has gone on since Tice, Chilly and Frazier.

Disclaimer: I am also a HUGE vikings fan as I really got into watching them and playing with them on Madden since Moss entered the league and they along with Seahawks are my 1a and 1b team. I watch every single game of BOTH teams every year since 1999 and go to messageboards and post for BOTH teams and follow roster moves and any other franchise moves for both teams during the offseason as well. I cant explain why I LOVE both teams but I just do, they are BOTH favorite.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
If there was no Seahawks I would be a Giants fan. Going way back I have always wanted them to win every Super Bowl they played in and I have just liked the teams they put together. When Coughlin played to win that week 17 game in 2007 that respect just doubled. After taking out the 18-0 Pats I just loved what they did and that 90 team, getting the fumble from SF and beating the Bills with a backup QB was memorable. Just dig the Giants. They have won championships in each of the last 4 decades.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I liked the Rams when they were in LA. And my uncle was involved with the team, so that made it easy back then. But no more.

I think if I had another team to root for it would be Cleveland. They've been down so long, and from a blue-collar place. I have a soft spot for the underdog.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Texans. They are where we were.
JJ Watt is fun to watch.
I could go to games on a regular basis. They will probably be the under dogs for a minute. :)

Chapman

Reaction score
Have him google a few players that he thinks he might like and root for their team.
I won't root for a team winners or losers affiliated with douchebag players.
Encourage him to look for someone who does alot for charities or causes that you two agree with.
Good luck
GO HAWKS!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Kakaww":25apfqss said:
I just can't help but to root a little for the Browns and Bills.

Yep. I'm the same way with both of these teams.

Brahn

Reaction score
I would pick the Jags, Gus would have me believing.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
A team with a young up and coming QB that is not a perennial winner.

Indy
Car
Buff
Mia
TB
Phi