If you had to pick a new team, who would it be?

kearly

Reaction score
Right now, the Broncos. When Manning retires, whichever team Manziel is playing for. I've been a bit partial to the Cardinals the last 20+ years, and I've always kinda liked the 49ers. Now that I've gotten used to their WWE heel type team personality, I find them a lot of fun to follow and great fun to root against, even though I like the way they approach the game.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Ravens have always been a 2nd team if I had to choose one. Always loved the packers too with Favre and Rev White

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Chargers. Loved them since I first started watching football in the mid-60s. Those powder blue unis man! Also have always liked the Raiders and Chiefs. As for the NFC, Packers.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3f9sz09s said:
Chargers. Loved them since I first started watching football in the mid-60s. Those powder blue unis man! Also have always liked the Raiders and Chiefs. As for the NFC, Packers.

All about those powder blues.

Chargers would definitely be my #2 team if that was a thing.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1tlfsby4 said:
hawksfansinceday1":1tlfsby4 said:

Their powder blue throwbacks do look friggin' amazing. Best throwbacks in the league and it's not even close.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Packers, I really liked them when I was a kid. My first Super Bowl memory is GB vs Den and I picked against my bro, so I've always kind of had a soft spot for the Pack.

The underdog in me also has a soft spot for Jax.

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
Chiefs. Was a huge Derrick Thomas fan when I was a kid... or the Vikings, won my first NFL bet when I was like 5 betting with them... Told my dad, "I'll take the bulls".

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
drcool":3kunvp27 said:
Living in Jacksonville now I would probably have to pick the Jags. I always kinda liked them back in the Fred Taylor, Jimmy Smith, John Henderson days. The Ravens would be my other choice but the Dolphins would get some consideration as well.

I like the Jags owner... always followed them after Reggie Williams went there. They will be in the playoffs in the next decade... I like pulling for an underdog.

I would also consider the Dolphins. My Uncle is a huge Dolphins (Marino) fan. He is a Hawks fans first but his house is 60/40 Seahawks/Dolphins. Their new logo is hideous though.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SonicHawk":wvgpdz5u said:
hawksfansinceday1":wvgpdz5u said:

Said this pages ago those powder blues are straight sexy.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Bengals for me. Loved them as a kid. They're tigers, they haven't won, and they're generally a sympathetic franchise.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2ssk2ru3 said:
SonicHawk":2ssk2ru3 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2ssk2ru3 said:

Said this pages ago those powder blues are straight sexy.
So then imagine that it's 1965 and you're 9 years old and have been really into football for a year and you've always had black and white TV at your house (yeah, I am old). Then your grandparents get the first color TV in the family and a couple of days later you go out to their house for dinner and since your Grandpa really digs football he turns on the 1:00 PM AFL game from Balboa Stadium in San Diego (on NBC "in living color"). And there, in all there glory are the Chargers with those powder blue jerseys with the white helmets and white pants each with gold lightening bolts on them. It was just like "WOW, those are AMAZING!". You watch John Hadl, (the criminally underappreciated) Lance Alworth, Ernie Ladd, Paul Lowe, Keith Lincoln, etc. and that's your team, right then and there.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Glad your stepson made the right choice.

For me, I'd probably have to say the Bucs. Don't know if it's the 1976 connection or that I like their uniforms second only to ours (the red & pewter, of course; not the Creamsicle® version. Sidenote: Tampa never beat us while wearing those).

Team I'd most like to see win a SB (other than Seattle obviously): Browns. Passionate fanbase and I have a lot of Sonics-style empathy for them. Just when it looked like they were ready to turn things around, the mismanagement of that team has them in a total cluster once again. Feel for those fans.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I don't really root for any other teams but Cleveland interests me a lot next year. They have the opportunity to get a load of talent this year in the draft and they already have quite a bit as it is. I know everyone likes to talk about the disfunction there but I think the owner made the right decision in starting over. Whether he got the right coach is up for debate. If he is that team can make a quick turnaround. I wouldn't be shocked if they made the playoffs next year at all.

willyum

Reaction score
Axx":2u8v5u2l said:
Green bay maybe
Dumb question though

shows how much you got going on in your life for you to stop, read, and answer it then dosen't it?

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Any NFL team that has not won a superbowl yet so all of the fans could feel the way I did when we hoisted our first Lombardi Trophy.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I'd probably either go back to being a Bears fan or not really following the NFL that much.

I watched some Walter Payton stuff on YouTube last night and it brought back a lot of great memories. Still makes me cry when I think of how young he died.