I wish there was an actual media investigative journalist

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
that would blow this whole-- bounced off his arm 20 feet into the air thing--way up. I mean seriously, it's just absurd and pisses me off. Not that we lost the game. I mean, I'm pissed about that, but we played like doggy doo doo and deserved to lose. I'm just pissed at the principle of the matter that officiating has been a joke for years and has finally--hopefully--peaked this year and been atrocious all year. Every game there are game changing calls by the officials that are just terrible. There's no explanation or excuse for it.

BillHawks

Reaction score
What's frustrating is that they have to ignore their subjective opinions and only view it as black and white. Can you see it hit the ground? No, not clearly. Is there any way it DIDN'T hit the ground? No, but the video doesn't show it so they're forced to ignore common sense.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
BillHawks":3aq7qc0v said:
What's frustrating is that they have to ignore their subjective opinions and only view it as black and white. Can you see it hit the ground? No, not clearly. Is there any way it DIDN'T hit the ground? No, but the video doesn't show it so they're forced to ignore common sense.

Yup, that's just the way the rule is. There is nothing conclusive in the replays so they made the right call based on what they were given. Same with the fumble earlier in the game where there was no conclusive video.

The only annoying thing on the arm bounce interception is that they called it incomplete first and then changed it to interception after.

OP
OP
S

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
What about all the black rubber bouncing off the turf? And it actually looked fairly clearly like the tip hit the ground. Doesn't matter by how much, or if it was before or after it hit the arm....it's dead once it touches that ground (since there was clearly no possession). What's more, is that when espn.com put the replay on the front page, it gets COMPLETELY blurry at the point it hits the ground and the analyst says--paraphrasing "It didn't hit the ground, interception" Like it was 100% clear.

run and shoot

Reaction score
the worst part is it's not just the Hawks getting bad calls, watching the Falcons/Niners and a bad P/I call was called against the Falcons and even Jerry Rice said it was a bad call. They really need to look into ways to improve the reffing league wide

OP
OP
S

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
run and shoot":2zfq47yc said:
the worst part is it's not just the Hawks getting bad calls, watching the Falcons/Niners and a bad P/I call was called against the Falcons and even Jerry Rice said it was a bad call. They really need to look into ways to improve the reffing league wide

Yep, it was actually that call that made me start getting mad about yesterday's again...LOL

BillHawks

Reaction score
run and shoot":1ta0bxf3 said:

Would be nice if penalties resulting in a first down were challengeable but I don't know how they could add an objective standard.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
BillHawks":3j80k98m said:
run and shoot":3j80k98m said:

Would be nice if penalties resulting in a first down were challengeable but I don't know how they could add an objective standard.
All that would happen is they would take 3 minutes to review the play, and determine that while there was minor contact (which there was, but not major - I agree) there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.

I don't know if that would result in a better game.

EDIT: But for the OP...
I think it should be obvious that the ref's flubbed the call (both the fumble and INT calls imo) and god I hope the NFL follows through with this: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... gue-office

Mitch

Reaction score
There was one replay of the Cardinals interception that showed the ball clearly hit the ground. Rubber bounced up from the turf around the ball. Replay guys missed it. It would have been nice to see Russell have a chance to work his magic, but we did not deserve to win that game.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Mitch":1tev0y36 said:
There was one replay of the Cardinals interception that showed the ball clearly hit the ground. Rubber bounced up from the turf around the ball. Replay guys missed it. It would have been nice to see Russell have a chance to work his magic, but we did not deserve to win that game.
No doubt we should have had the ball. We probably would have foobed it anyway though.

Latest posts