That was criminal.

Rainger

Reaction score
Ok this is to all the people that think the NFL is fixed or alters games. What are you going to do about it? No really... how are you going to change it? I suspect you will do nothing but keep watching.
Yes there is corruption at multiple levels. No I cant change it. LOL but you are right I will still watch and they know it.

But that doesn't negate that there are corrupt officials in the NFL.

They are in every other sport so why not the NFL??

So NFL officials at 100% honest and only making mistakes, but the rest of the population is not even 50% honest. (if that) Amazing.

EDIT: ok maybe 60% of humanity is moral, honest and non corruptible, but I doubt it.

Go watch the movie the Magic Christian, EVERYBODY HAS A PRICE!!!

Last edited:

Rainger

Reaction score
Final thought, everything in the world today is corrupt in some way, IMHO.

Sports, politics, media, social media, education system, COVID, election systems, green new deal, transgenderism, money systems, local government, state government, every part of the life has corruption involved.

It only comes down to, you see it when it is against you and don't when it is in your favor.

But it does exist, it has throughout history, only the media wants to make you think it isn't there, unless of course it is on the side they don't agree with.

Rainger

Reaction score
You are blind if you don't think this happens by officials in every sport in the world. Just think of the Olympics if you want to see corruption in voting and scoring

Oh no the officials in the NFL only make mistakes!

Last edited:

seabowl

Reaction score
By insinuating that the NFL is somehow corrupt in my opinion is absolutely absurd. That would mean that many many people would know about it however, it has never come to light, ever, that there is this mass corruption scandal going on in the NFL or any major sport for that matter. How is it that so many people would be involved in a scandal, but not one no not even one, has ever come out to say this is what’s happening? The NFL makes wayyyy too much money without fixing games to risk it. Sorry just not buying it.

FPD

Reaction score
I especially like it when players have those fake compound fractures (sarc)! ✌️:cool:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, they got outplayed. Sometimes you just have a clunker. Refs didn't help, but they are not the reason they lost. And Geno is not w/out fault in this game. Other than the 4th quarter, totally outplayed.

Oh well, 6-4 going in to the bye. 5 of the final 7 at home. I love their chances.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't think it's a conspiracy. Officials are just naturally influenced to allow superstars like Tom Brady to do what they want, allowing his offensive line to hold more, receivers to push off, etc.

We have seen this for decades across multiple sports, too. I remember when Michael Jordan played, it was a foul to just lay a finger on him. Officials are scared of superstars. They want to get the calls right, but they also err on the side of not going against the superstar.

At this point, I'd like to see Pete reach out to the league for clarification on several plays. Isn't the NFL supposed to review and give an explanation as to if and why a penalty was called or should/shouldn't have been called?

Rainger

Reaction score
My point isn't the the NFL as an organisation is corrupt per se. I do think they try to influence things like scheduling etc. but rather individual refs are corrupt and betting on outcome that they then steer by calls or non calls.

Last edited:

Spohawks

Reaction score
I especially like it when players have those fake compound fractures (sarc)! ✌️:cool:
Hulk Hogan said "I can take all the crap you want to say about wrestling except that its fake, because the back pain aint fake".

Sure there is injuries, but is WWE fake? Of course!

Spohawks

Reaction score
By insinuating that the NFL is somehow corrupt in my opinion is absolutely absurd. That would mean that many many people would know about it however, it has never come to light, ever, that there is this mass corruption scandal going on in the NFL or any major sport for that matter. How is it that so many people would be involved in a scandal, but not one no not even one, has ever come out to say this is what’s happening? The NFL makes wayyyy too much money without fixing games to risk it. Sorry just not buying it.
NDA's

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If there is any part of the NFL that is corrupt, it would be the league office giving games a slight officiating push in one direction, and I'm not even sure that really is happening either.

The league is here for entertainment, and there are far too many moving parts to "script" the league. To say the league is entirely fixed is just naive and insane.

The games can certainly be nudged one way or the other with a few judgment calls, though, and you'd only really need the New York office and a few referees in on it - by the way, most of the lead refs are attorneys, if you didn't know.

Wanna get LA a Super Bowl? Sure, that's cool. You can't do it for sure, but you can nudge it that way a bit to try to grab ahold of the biggest market left to seize. We saw a lot of calls that would make sense in this scenario.

The owners wouldn't care much, either. They're businessmen who want to turn profits above all else, including winning. Goodell is there to make them richer. If the central office is lightly steering some games towards outcomes that benefit the league's bottom line, the owners would have no reason to care to stop it - and if they did, they'd be pushed out pretty quickly.

If there is any slight "finger on the scale" type stuff going on, the NFL has significant incentive to keep it highly subtle and plausibly denied as simple officiating error. If the charade is blown, all is lost.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I don’t think the games are fixed but when you get a zebra crew like we had against the Saints it makes conspiracy theories seem somewhat reasonable.

FPD

Reaction score
Hulk Hogan said "I can take all the crap you want to say about wrestling except that its fake, because the back pain aint fake".

Sure there is injuries, but is WWE fake? Of course!
Obviously you didn't read my post where it says "sarc". smh