I think this was their chance...and they blew it.

xray

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3udhksvi said:
That's YOUR version. Do you just continue to ignore that KJ and Wags BOTH dropped what were game winning picks at the end of regulation? Has NOTHING to do with being what you call a homer. It flat out happened, and the NINERS are just as lucky that KJ dropped an easy pick. Geezus man, get over your old grumpy ass.

There is lots of luck in football games and the Hawks have had more than their share . Your unrealistic homer dumb ass posts are redundant and boring . :rumble:

OP
OP
N

NY Hawk

Reaction score
Well at least a couple of you agree with me. And I'm a Seahawks fan since 76 like I said. I can't help it if I'm real about the team I root for. And trust me, I don't give a crap about what people have to say about me on this forum. I have been on Seattletimes forum for many years. Since 2004 to be exact so say what you want. I've been through it all. Battle tested. Bottom line..Seahawks played like crap last week vs the Rams and they blew a chance to become the number one seed in the NFC. Now they need help and they have to win at home vs the 49ers. Troll...that's funny as hell :lol: I've never been called that one before..OH WAIT that did happen to me once when I went on the Giants forum and joked them when the L.O.B. came to town.

Seahawks fan for Life. You can kill that noise!

All the Crap I went through living here in NY when my boys had no chip, had never gone to the SB and the Giants were a power house team. I went through hell back then. It was rough times going for a team that couldn't win anything. First Knocks had my hopes up then Holmgren took us their and the team had to play Pittsburgh AND the refs. I wear my Seahawk gear with pride out here now. Trolll...yeah ok...I'm a fan longer than some you been alive.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
All good, it clearly was a crap sammich in LA. Hopefully we see that chip on Sunday. Apologies for being an ass yesterday. It happens. We get a LOT of opposing fans on here creating accounts and acting like they are Hawks fans. Lame, but very much a common thing. :irishdrinkers:
Go Hawks

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Knox was a hell of a coach. I was watching some old videos that brought up a lot of great memories.
Was thinking about the fake field goal to Efren Herrera. One of those plays you remember vividly. Patera's teams may not have been that good, but they weren't afraid to call some crazy plays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeJq1BQsd_c

seahawksny

Reaction score
NY Hawk":6o6y9nva said:
You had the chance to be the number 1 seed in the NFC...and you played like that? I hope I'm wrong but I don't see them getting a second chance to make this happen. What you DID do was give the Rams life instead of putting them away like you should have. Like it or not the 49ers are playing lights out. and lets be real about this...THE SEAHAWKS BEAT THE 49ERS BECAUSE THEY MISSED A FG. The injury to Dissly , Loc, and now Penny really hurt this team. That Penny injury was big..I don't care what they do or who they get to replace him..it won't be that one two punch our team had for a couple of games. And it looked like Penny was going to have a really good game too. Man that one hurt. I just needed to get this off my chest because they really did need this game just as bad as the Rams did. Plus I'm sick of losing to the Rams...

PS RW please look for Josh Gordan a little bit more than you are.

Seahawks Fan since 76

"SEAHAWKS BEAT THE 49ERS BECAUSE THEY MISSED A FG"

Wrong- they beat the 49ers because they had scored 24 points on them and were tied at end of game, thereby putting themselves in position to win. You make the same case about the opposite too. 49ers were only in it because Wagner and KJ dropped what should have been pics. But they didnt pick them so the 48 minutes that the niners played kept them in it. Its a 4 Qtr game. Since when does the last play of the game define the entire game?

I suppose you believe we got lucky in Minnesota playoff game in 2016? Or does the fact that Seattle scored a TD in that game and Minny didnt, or the fact that Adrian Peterson rushed for something like 30 yards, both factors of LUCK? WRONG

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2tt3o0g9 said:
Why is everyone giving the noob such a hard time, when what he said was factually true.

Yeah, sure. Let's look at this:

NY Hawk":2tt3o0g9 said:
You had the chance to be the number 1 seed in the NFC

This isn't a fact; it's written in the past tense. They "had" the chance, but apparently don't anymore. They've actually had the chance to be the #1 seed all season and continue to do so until mathematically eliminated from it.

...and you played like that? I hope I'm wrong but I don't see them getting a second chance to make this happen.

Nothing but speculation, not fact.

What you DID do was give the Rams life instead of putting them away like you should have.

Subjective speculation, not fact.

Like it or not the 49ers are playing lights out. and lets be real about this...

Subjective, not fact.

THE SEAHAWKS BEAT THE 49ERS BECAUSE THEY MISSED A FG.

It's a fact it's one of the reasons. But if OP is implying this is the only reason they won, then it's not really factual. There's a lot of things that happened before that.

The injury to Dissly , Loc, and now Penny really hurt this team.

Probably. The only "fact" here is is that they got hurt. Whether or not it helps or hurts the team is subjective.

That Penny injury was big..I don't care what they do or who they get to replace him..it won't be that one two punch our team had for a couple of games. And it looked like Penny was going to have a really good game too. Man that one hurt. I just needed to get this off my chest because they really did need this game just as bad as the Rams did. Plus I'm sick of losing to the Rams...

We don't know how this will go with or without Penny.

We don't know how much Wilson is "looking" for Gordon.

Seahawks Fan since 76

Possible, no way to verify.

kobebryant

Reaction score
xray":1kv57nw9 said:
soxhawk":1kv57nw9 said:
Yes, either fall in line with the posters who have no life outside this board or leave.

this ^ If your not a " homer " you must be a troll or a " negative nancy ". I would tell the new guy to stick to his guns and come back swinging within the forum rules ; or they will try to shut you up or run you out .

*you're

Imagine going on to call someones else's posts dumb ass after that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And how would anyone know what lives people live outside of checking in to this site??? Next level stupid comment, but par for the course.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
NY Hawk":aggfw4ge said:
You had the chance to be the number 1 seed in the NFC...and you played like that? I hope I'm wrong but I don't see them getting a second chance to make this happen. What you DID do was give the Rams life instead of putting them away like you should have. Like it or not the 49ers are playing lights out. and lets be real about this...THE SEAHAWKS BEAT THE 49ERS BECAUSE THEY MISSED A FG. The injury to Dissly , Loc, and now Penny really hurt this team. That Penny injury was big..I don't care what they do or who they get to replace him..it won't be that one two punch our team had for a couple of games. And it looked like Penny was going to have a really good game too. Man that one hurt. I just needed to get this off my chest because they really did need this game just as bad as the Rams did. Plus I'm sick of losing to the Rams...

Seahawks Fan since 76

This a very negative spin for a divisional game. To that point the team had not lost any of their 3 prior divisional games. I'm with you on the loss of Penny though. None of us here are happy with this L though and it would have made the team's position much stronger with a W, but it was a road game and statistics and reversion to the norm were working against the team with a 6-0 road record at that point. Let's not forget the rams faced elimination from the playoffs if they lost, and the Hawks had a short week after a tough game.

The Hawks beat the Digits and it was more of convincing win than spinning it as just based upon a missed FG, yeah he missed; there were some missed INT situations that could have resulted in a lopsided W. You likely are of the school that them not having their TE- Kittle was another reason for the Digits L. Believe what you want, it does not change the result which was a W.

The team is still in a situation where they can acquire the #1 seed and control their own destiny, which certainly doesn't fit your story.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":139fz90z said:
Until they mathematically can't get that #1 seed, they didn't blow anything. Just sayin
Yeah, the real argument seems to be whether that was the last chance or not?

It may have been the "best" chance, or the "last, best" chance, but I'm not so sure if it was the "last" chance.

:229031_shrug:

thegameq

Reaction score
I think the reason some fans think the hawks got lucky is because the defense in both situations (you can include the playoff game against the vikings as well) the defense didn't really stop the opposing team from driving right down the field and into position. I'll admit, I was sure we lost those games when both opposing offenses easily, just went down the field with hardly any resistance from the defense.

A win is a win and there are no style points in the NFL--but you have to admit, the Seahawks simply have not been a very confidence inspiring team this year. Yes, the Super Bowl era teams played similarly close games, but you could count on that defense to close out games. Factor in a WTH! game against the Rams and there you go.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Did KJ and Bobby both drop picks at the end of regulation? Was KJ's right to him?
No, they did NOT get lucky. Niners got just as lucky when Pretty boy threw the ball right to KJ. They are 10-3, sorry but I'm not gonna' admit anything. Dominant? Of course not, but better than just about any team in the league in close games. That matters.
I wonder how many teams in the league hear "they won...…...but" as much as the Hawks do. No but needed, you either win or you don't. :229031_confused2:

HawkStrong

Reaction score
xray":2txjdwzd said:
SoulfishHawk":2txjdwzd said:
That's YOUR version. Do you just continue to ignore that KJ and Wags BOTH dropped what were game winning picks at the end of regulation? Has NOTHING to do with being what you call a homer. It flat out happened, and the NINERS are just as lucky that KJ dropped an easy pick. Geezus man, get over your old grumpy ass.

There is lots of luck in football games and the Hawks have had more than their share . Your unrealistic homer dumb ass posts are redundant and boring . :rumble:

Just imagine how we feel about YOUR posts.

OP
OP
N

NY Hawk

Reaction score
You all have great points and you're right. I could have worded it better. I was just pissed that they loss to the Rams. And was really hoping for that 1st seed now so they can stay there all the way through. but as most of you said...it's not over yet. They still have a chance. Again please forgive me for my crazy make no sense rat on my very first post. Won't happen again. I'm just a big Seahawks fan here in NY that wants to see the team go all the way and win it all again.

OP
OP
N

NY Hawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk..Never old and grumpy. And i'm over it. LOL

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was talking about xray, he bags on me every chance he gets. It's hilarious.
Grumpy old man who should change his name to Glum. Not even worth the effort talking to that guy, it's like clapping with one hand. I do enjoy living rent free in his head though. It's a message board, not life. Believing in your team, while still VERY much knowing they have a lot of work to do etc. beats doom and gloom, everything sucks, blah blah blah imo. If that makes me a homer, big deal. Don't care even a little bit. I get pissed at this team plenty...…
My wife told me I was growling when Atlanta starting making their comeback :34853_doh:
Pretty accurate......

Go Hawks

Fade

Reaction score
Once the Saints lost to the 49ers the Rams game became irrelevant, as in they now have to beat the 49ers week 17.

Had the 49ers lost to the Saints, then seattle could've won out and lost to the 49ers week 17.

The Rams game loss only forced Seattle to have to win both the Carolina & AZ games. They have to beat the 49ers week 17 regardless, due to them beating the Saints.

This loss was healthy, as it can be a major wakeup call for both the coaches and the players.

They now have no wiggle room, but it is still there for the taking.

Losing to Teddy 2 gloves at home was a bigger loss.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We have seen it in many different sports. It sucks to play a crap game and get kicked in the teeth late season. But, MANY teams have benefited from a late season loss, instant refocus etc. Shoot, Shaq flat out talked about it in post game. No guarantee they will bounce back, but there's also no guarantee that they won't. It's gonna' be a fun ride to finish this season out and see where they end up. And IF that week 17 game is for the division and a top 2 seed? :drool:
Holy hell that place is gonna' be rockin.