I hope Bevell gets a job elsewhere-not a bash Bevell thread

bbsplitter

Reaction score
If he did, that would help solve the never-ending question of who makes the offensive so conservative? Who is really pulling the strings of 'Bubble Screens Unlimited LLC'?? If he went away and called a completely opposite style offense, we would all have to acknowledge the role Pete Caroll plays, and maybe be a little nicer to the next OC. Now if he goes somewhere and sucks... we know it was the other way around, the caliber of the head coach and players on this team makes him look like a better OC then he was, and we get a better OC as the result of him leaving.

I really think it would be a win-win if he left. Because it would show that either Pete Carroll pulls the strings to such an extent that we can make do with 'any-old' OC as long as PC is overseeing everything... Or it would show that he really was holding us back and we could upgrade the position of OC.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I hope he sticks around and we keep winning Super Bowls for a while.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Bevell talk aside...what's the issue with bubble screens? We had some trouble executing them earlier in the season, but lately it seems they've been more successful than not.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
fenderbender123":62azx8vh said:
Bevell talk aside...what's the issue with bubble screens? We had some trouble executing them earlier in the season, but lately it seems they've been more successful than not.

Personally, I think we're running them with the wrong personnel. Demaryius Thomas seems to get 50+ yard TDs every other game on a WR screen because he's big and fast - so he can juke or shrug off tackles from bad blocking. If we are going to run them, I would prefer Lockette as the recipient.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Sarlacc83":35f93ou0 said:
fenderbender123":35f93ou0 said:

Personally, I think we're running them with the wrong personnel. Demaryius Thomas seems to get 50+ yard TDs every other game on a WR screen because he's big and fast - so he can juke or shrug off tackles from bad blocking. If we are going to run them, I would prefer Lockette as the recipient.

We've ran them with just about everybody. Turbin dropped his last week. Baldwin had a good gain. Shawn didn't get much, lost a couple I think. It's one of those plays that's great when it works, frustrating as hell when it doesn't. I feel like it's a positive gain 50-60% of the time. But more importantly I think it sets things up for later in the game. Keeps the defense honest. Definitely a chess move.

SDHawk

Reaction score
Just a hypothetical... if Peyton Manning retires, do you think the hawks should take a look at him as OC?

I think there are just two young QBs that would meet his high standards... consequently, they are perfect students of the game. Wilson is obviously one.

kjreid

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2skynl55 said:
fenderbender123":2skynl55 said:

I agree but I like our bubble scream opposite the motion WR to many times we are allowing there safety to walk up and we are not blocking that Safety. when we scream opposite it gives a couple extra seconds to get out there to block.

Cartire

Reaction score
Even a failed bubble screen is a good call as it pays off later in the game. Keeps the CB's close for play action and fakes.

Reaction score
I think he's got a great offensive mind and puts a lot of great things together.....I just think he's not very good under pressure and situationally. Also, it seems like we are all too often getting plays in late and having to take timeouts or having to rush to avoid a delay of game....this kind of supports my thoughts that he's not a great playcaller on gameday.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm not sure that proving people wrong on the internet is a good reason to switch coordinators.

Jville

Reaction score
I hope pehawk and RolandDeschain eventually find the private message button .... and .... actually use it for their ongoing dueling arguments.

Cartire

Reaction score
Jville":1qpzsil4 said:
I hope pehawk and RolandDeschain eventually find the private message button .... and .... actually use it for their ongoing dueling arguments.

God I dont. How boring this place would be.

pehawk

Reaction score
Jville":4jojple9 said:

Yeah, I apologize. If I felt the thread would get locked I most certainly wouldn't have engaged. Lesson learned and legit apologies. It was a good thread...

Atradees

Reaction score
Jeremy Bates' offense was different than Bevells. It even helped Hasselbeck have good numbers. What we need is a guy that can maximize the amazing wilson. And a scheme that begins with an improved oline. Hold on....i am not calli+ for bates return or sayin we are ungrateful for bein in superbowl. I just want some more even better RW.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Atradees":26eqcebs said:
Jeremy Bates' offense was different than Bevells. It even helped Hasselbeck have good numbers. What we need is a guy that can maximize the amazing wilson. And a scheme that begins with an improved oline. Hold on....i am not calli+ for bates return or sayin we are ungrateful for bein in superbowl. I just want some more even better RW.

Hasselbeck's numbers were awful under Bates. Granted, Bates was dealing with his own personnel issues that season, but I don't think it can be said that he maximized Hass's effectiveness. Matt actually played better in Tennessee.