Geno Smith’s friend Thad Lewis gets Bucs QB Coach Job

nwHawk

Reaction score
The more I think about Tampa and the ex-Seahawks coaches I see Drew Lock as the perfect target for them over Geno. Just can’t fight that feeling.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I find it more telling that we are hearing NO rumors on teams being insterested in Geno, other than creating a POSSIBILITY that he would could go to TB.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Washington State and Florida are perhaps the two most opposite states in the union, I'm from WA and was stationed in FL (essentially southern Al) and can confirm that was culture shock and tough to adjust to. Geno is not 19 years old though. And he gets to play football and be a star and make a stupid amount of money, he has a little bit more going for him lol.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I find it more telling that we are hearing NO rumors on teams being insterested in Geno, other than creating a POSSIBILITY that he would could go to TB.
Carr has been available to be signed for two weeks, and there weren't serious rumors of interested teams, other than NO and NYJ, until late last week.

AgentDib

Reaction score
You can play with Tampa Bay's cap situation yourself at either Overthecap or Spotrac. They already played cap games the last two years trying to run it back with Brady. Now it would be really tough for them to fit Drew Lock onto their 2023 roster let alone Geno.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Carr has been available to be signed for two weeks, and there weren't serious rumors of interested teams, other than NO and NYJ, until late last week.
This is being talked about on 710 ESPN all the time, the fact that there has been ZERO talk about teams being serious about Geno. This could be a good thing for the Hawks. Esp. if he goes out and tests the market and doesn't get nearly what he thinks he can get. That doesn't mean that teams are not interested, I'm just pointing out that it's odd. Shoot, look at last year, Seattle was really the only team that showed interest. I'm glad they signed him and I hope comes back for a couple years while they groom a young QB. At the right price. That does NOT mean I hate Geno or don't want him in Seattle. Quite the opposite. I'm glad I was WAY wrong about Geno.

WarHawks

Reaction score
This is being talked about on 710 ESPN all the time, the fact that there has been ZERO talk about teams being serious about Geno. This could be a good thing for the Hawks. Esp. if he goes out and tests the market and doesn't get nearly what he thinks he can get.
Agreed. As much as I would rather see a rookie develop, if Geno could be signed very reasonably, then that wouldn't be a bad option for a year or two. Not going to win a sb with him during that time most likely, but we wouldn't with a rookie either.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Makes for a more interesting off season that's for sure. Pete has always been good at letting players test the market. Sure, you lose some guys that way. But I think a lot of players appreciate that about Pete. He allows them to test the market, and the front office doesn't hold them hostage basically.

JGreen79

Reaction score
After Miami's punishments regarding Brady and Payton, we are probably not going to hear much in terms of teams being interested in upcoming free agents until they're allowed to.

Any team other than Seattle runs the risk of tampering accusations by even hinting that they may be interested in Geno.