I Guess We Now Know Who The Best Team Is

RiverDog

Reaction score
49ers cants seem to hold the Ravens jock.

Purdy with 4 picks and counting.

Hot damn this is a very Merry Christmas indeed!
I don't see it that way at all. Not to take anything away from the Ravens, but that game was an anomaly. If they play 10 times, IMO the Niners get at least a split.

Purdy had an awful game, and although it's not an excuse, those batted passes seemed to have eyes or some sort of anti-gravity device in them, finding their way into defender's hands. I don't know what percentage of deflected passes are intercepted, but my guess is that it's in the neighborhood of 5% or less. The Ravens were living right last night.

If you take a look at the stats, the Niners won most of those, more yards passing, more yards rushing, ran more plays, and gained more yards per play. But you're not going to win a game turning the ball over 5 times while the other team doesn't turn it over at all.

The Ravens deserve all the accolades you're giving them and then some. But to say the Niners can't hold their jock is way over the top.

xray

Reaction score
The Rams are peaking at both sides of the line to upset SF and beyond . I didn't see that early , but they have hit a good stride lately . imo

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Look at the mighty Chiefs? They look like chumps. Even Mahomes can’t save them. Crazy ass year.
It is the Helmet....He has Helmet hair and looks like Dark Helmet from Spaceballs.

sutz

Reaction score
The Rams are peaking at both sides of the line to upset SF and beyond . I didn't see that early , but they have hit a good stride lately . imo
Hopefully, we have as well. :)

whidbeast

Reaction score
I don't see it that way at all. Not to take anything away from the Ravens, but that game was an anomaly. If they play 10 times, IMO the Niners get at least a split.

Purdy had an awful game, and although it's not an excuse, those batted passes seemed to have eyes or some sort of anti-gravity device in them, finding their way into defender's hands. I don't know what percentage of deflected passes are intercepted, but my guess is that it's in the neighborhood of 5% or less. The Ravens were living right last night.

If you take a look at the stats, the Niners won most of those, more yards passing, more yards rushing, ran more plays, and gained more yards per play. But you're not going to win a game turning the ball over 5 times while the other team doesn't turn it over at all.

The Ravens deserve all the accolades you're giving them and then some. But to say the Niners can't hold their jock is way over the top.
I agree with this. The picks got the Ravens some easy points which put 9ers into a hole and they couldn't lean on McCaffrey who did show he could run on the Ravens. Hard to imagine Purdy has another game like that this year. If they match up again in the Superbowl I think the 9ers win.
Both offenses will implode if Lamar or McCaffrey go down, respectively. Historically, there is a decent probability this happens.
I've also seen Purdy go to the tent after a couple of benign-appearing hits.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Look at the mighty Chiefs? They look like chumps. Even Mahomes can’t save them. Crazy ass year.
Loved seeing Mahomes go down today. Didn't catch the whole game here - but LOVED seeing Purdy look glazed and confused the few times I clicked through. I gotta go watch the highlights of the 4 picks! That's gotta be GOLD!!!

It was a good day after a good sunday!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I agree with this. The picks got the Ravens some easy points which put 9ers into a hole and they couldn't lean on McCaffrey who did show he could run on the Ravens. Hard to imagine Purdy has another game like that this year. If they match up again in the Superbowl I think the 9ers win.
Both offenses will implode if Lamar or McCaffrey go down, respectively. Historically, there is a decent probability this happens.
I've also seen Purdy go to the tent after a couple of benign-appearing hits.
This is the game people thought Purdy was going to have a lot sooner
but it happened later, I think the Ravens gave out the blueprint on how
to handle the Niners and that is to not give them YAC, be physical and
get your hands up so you can distort Purdy's view and bat balls down.
It may sound easier than it is but really? I played and it's little things that
add up in beating good teams.

seahawks08

Reaction score
We all know the way to kill the beast (9ers) is to out physical them. It’s quite simple actually. The bully likes being the bully because nobody challenges them. They are used to their opponent cowering. If you stand up, look them in the eye and punch them right in the face they crumble. Physically, emotionally.

Ravens could give a shit about them. They looked them in the eye and punched them square in the mouth.

What happened next was predictable.

They folded.

Seahawks need to learn from the Ravens today. Don’t be afraid of the big bad monster. Stand up, look them in the eye and punch them in the throat.

Game over.
Not that simple. You also need an effective defensive scheme that shows different looks pre and post snap that confused Purdy and Kyle not able to adapt. I think we at Hawks can be physical but we are not good at scheming complexity into the philosophy that Pete feels otherwise. We rely on speed and bend don’t break models which exposes us when we lack speed or sound tackling. We can only be bullies if we can win those battles and the coaches puts the players to be successful. Taking Purdys read away and getting to him made the difference.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I said what I said
Lamar has a few things he can’t do that Burrow can. Lamar has terrific legs to cover those weaknesses. I feel if Baltimore is up by a TD or more, the defense takes over. If a team can keep him in the pocket and make him one dimensional, he struggles.

RiverDog

Reaction score
This is the game people thought Purdy was going to have a lot sooner
but it happened later, I think the Ravens gave out the blueprint on how
to handle the Niners and that is to not give them YAC, be physical and
get your hands up so you can distort Purdy's view and bat balls down.
It may sound easier than it is but really? I played and it's little things that
add up in beating good teams.
For not giving up a lot of YAC, the Niners sure rang up the yards, 429 of them.

Honestly, it was all about the turnovers and lack thereof. That by no means discounts the Ravens win as turnovers are a big part of the game, but it by no means puts out a blueprint on how to beat them other than to be sure to bring your 'A' game.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
For not giving up a lot of YAC, the Niners sure rang up the yards, 429 of them.

Honestly, it was all about the turnovers and lack thereof. That by no means discounts the Ravens win as turnovers are a big part of the game, but it by no means puts out a blueprint on how to beat them other than to be sure to bring your 'A' game.
You know a lot of those yards were after the game was pretty much over
but we just see it differently.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Lamar has a few things he can’t do that Burrow can. Lamar has terrific legs to cover those weaknesses. I feel if Baltimore is up by a TD or more, the defense takes over. If a team can keep him in the pocket and make him one dimensional, he struggles.
Watching the game last night, Lamar had oodles of time in the pocket, and he decisively hit receivers in stride at will.

The few times there was pressure he easily took advantage with his elusiveness and picked up more yards.

Baltimore marched down the field and scored effortlessly.
The 49ers had no answer on defence, and CM isn't going to single handedly run enough to keep up.

I'm not sure what team is able to counter what we saw last night.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I think 49ers will beat Baltimore more times than not. Yesterday was an off game. I wouldn’t read much into it except being a division rival I loved it. They have way more talent in their team than what we saw. Baltimore is a great team but they can be beat too. If you ask me today, just seeing the trending teams, Browns or Buffalo would match up well with Baltimore

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I'm not sold on Baltimore besides their D. Playoff Lanar has yet to prove anything..in fact he usually stinks. Losing Keaton Mitchell was huge for their run game.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I don't know; 33-12 against the 49ers before garbage time? Consistently picking up yards with his feet and through the air?

I don't recall many games this season when Lamar stinks, unless by 'stinks' you mean utterly dominated.

RiverDog

Reaction score
You know a lot of those yards were after the game was pretty much over
but we just see it differently.
No siree! In the first half, the Niners had drives of 74 (Int), 52 (FG), 38 (Int), 5 (Int), and 67 (TD) for a total of 236 yards, well over half of what they had in the entire game.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't know; 33-12 against the 49ers before garbage time? Consistently picking up yards with his feet and through the air?

I don't recall many games this season when Lamar stinks, unless by 'stinks' you mean utterly dominated.
Jackson's numbers weren't gaudy, but he played a solid game, with no turnovers and just two sacks for 11 yards, had some nice runs. The only real boner he pulled was that safety, and even that is somewhat excusable as it wasn't his fault that the ref tripped.