I Guess We Now Know Who The Best Team Is

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the similarities of the Ravens and the heyday Seahawks.....so I'll mention it...

Dominant defence, creating toxic interceptions and turnovers, combined with dual-threat QB. ...and yet still seen improbably as the underdog?

Hey Baltimore! Stop stealing our moves!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Wasn't the first pick thrown right to the defender? I didn't see it get deflected.

49ers got lucky the ref tripped, causing the safety. The anomalies weren't all in Baltimore's favor.

Raifers

Reaction score
I don't know; 33-12 against the 49ers before garbage time? Consistently picking up yards with his feet and through the air?

I don't recall many games this season when Lamar stinks, unless by 'stinks' you mean utterly dominated.
Not sold on Lamar as a pocket passer. Many bad throws early. A lot of his long pass plays were when he extended the play after the pocket collapsed.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Wasn't the first pick thrown right to the defender? I didn't see it get deflected.

49ers got lucky the ref tripped, causing the safety. The anomalies weren't all in Baltimore's favor.
Just going off memory, two of Purdy's 4 picks were deflected. I'm not saying that he's not responsible for them, just that there's a little more luck involved in a batted ball being intercepted.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The 49ers tend to struggle w mobile QBs. One reason we always used to beat them.

I wouldn't read much into this one.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I've never hated John the way I hate Jim. Jim is an arrogant prick. John always seemed calmer and more humble.
Well, I don't use the term 'hate' as loosely as other, but I agree with what you're saying. I, too, see quite a difference in the two personalities. It's hard to believe that they're brothers.

James in PA

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I still give the edge to the Niners as the NFL's team IF they can stay healthy. There are like 4-5 guys they absolutely cannot afford to lose. Trent Williams is one of those guys. But more importantly, last night was not a "must win" for SF. They were playing like a team who knew they had a cushion. Well, now that cushion is gone, so it will he interesting to see how they respond.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Well, I don't use the term 'hate' as loosely as other, but I agree with what you're saying. I, too, see quite a difference in the two personalities. It's hard to believe that they're brothers.
I read a story about them during SB XLVII. Apparently, Jim was always more physically talented, but was a hothead growing up and John was constantly getting him out of trouble. Really made sense from what I've seen of them. Also makes sense that those qualities make John a better coach.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I've never hated John the way I hate Jim. Jim is an arrogant prick. John always seemed calmer and more humble.
The only way I root for John is if we or the Lions are not the NFC Champions.(yeah, the Lions are my #2 mostly because of my mother and all my friends)

I root for Jim because I’m a Wolverines fanatic. Believe me, I literally threw up in my mouth when he got the Michigan job but I knew he was a damned good coach and Michigan needed a damned good coach. He’s been doing a great job and like his personality or not, I’m happy.

GoHawks, GoBlue and 🖕OSU/SF/the Lambs/Arizona and Dallass.

Last edited:

Maulbert

Reaction score
The only way I root for John is if we or the Lions are not the NFC Champions.(yeah, the Lions are my #2 mostly because of my mother and all my friends)

I root for Jim because I’m a Wolverines fanatic. Believe me, I literally threw up in my mouth when he got the Michigan job but I knew he was a damned good coach and Michigan needed a damned good coach. He’s been doing a great job and like his personality or not, I’m happy.

GoHawks, GoBlue and 🖕OSU and SF/the Lambs/Arizona and Dallas.
I can root for Baltimore against New England, San Francisco, Dallas, LA Rams, Pissburgh, Denver, Green Bay, and Arizona (when they're good). Although, I might root for them against Miami this week because I still want Buffalo to take the AFC East.

94Smith

Reaction score
I can root for Baltimore against New England, San Francisco, Dallas, LA Rams, Pissburgh, Denver, Green Bay, and Arizona (when they're good). Although, I might root for them against Miami this week because I still want Buffalo to take the AFC East.
I always root for Baltimore too

Latest posts