Husky basketball just whooped up on Kansas

Crizilla

Reaction score
I thought those last 2 fouls on UW at the end were BS, but UW doesn't deserve the tourney now anyway. Went 3-6 since beating ARZ. Damn

DJrmb

Reaction score
Overall this was a very good season for the Huskies. No one expected this team to get anywhere near a possible tourney appearance. They are clearly in good hands going forward. One thing that killed this team was the lack of a true PG to distribute the ball on offense. David Crisp is a SG and tried his best to fill the role but it's just not what he is. He'll be better in that role next year even though he'll never be a true PG IMO. The other thing is that I think Nowell just completely hit the wall at the end of the season. He was missing shots that he had no trouble with earlier on. He should come back and he will be much more prepared for a full college season than he was coming in this year.

If all the juniors on this team decide to come back and not test their NBA potential this could be a very good team next season.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah I agree that there were some awful calls that went against UW in the final minute or two. Pac-12 refs man.

Nothing to be ashamed of, this team won 2 conference games last season, we just won 10 games. That's a great turnaround. Like the above poster mentioned, a lack of a true PG on this team really held them back. Nothing against Crisp, but he just isn't a PG, and definitely shouldn't be playing as many minutes as he does. Unfortunately he is really our only ball handler, and is forced to play the point because of a lack of depth at that position.

I'm not sure exactly what happened to the team down the stretch, but I think some of it was guys hitting the wall late in the season, especially Nowell. I also think the scouting report became obvious for this team. Particularly how to attack our zone defense and to double Dickerson when he gets the ball on the block.

I'm expecting a tournament appearance next season though. Arizona should fall to the bottom which will be nice. They will lose almost everyone who played significant minutes and all their recruits for next season have pulled away. UCLA and Oregon will probably be the two best teams next season, but it will likely be another down season for the conference.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Really wierd that ASU (8th in the pac 12) made the tourney and USC (2nd in the pac 12) didnt. They're in on the basis of beating Kansas. But UW also beat Kansas, and beat ASU head to head the only time they played, and finished two games above them in the standings. The Ducks swept the Sun Devils, and the Ducks are not a good basketball team this year.

Crizilla

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1swd5bkn said:
Really wierd that ASU (8th in the pac 12) made the tourney and USC (2nd in the pac 12) didnt. They're in on the basis of beating Kansas. But UW also beat Kansas, and beat ASU head to head the only time they played, and finished two games above them in the standings. The Ducks swept the Sun Devils, and the Ducks are not a good basketball team this year.

Apparently USC is under FBI investigation, so that may have played a role. They also didn't have any stand out wins. They played well in conference play, that's it. I think they put ASU in over UW, USC, and Oregon because ASU beat 2 number 1 seeds in the tourney. Head to head doesn't mean much in college basketball like it does in college football. I'm more pissed that Oklahoma got in and UW didn't.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
UW is actually hosing the NIT game because Boise can't host due to a scheduling conflict.

Latest posts