Husky basketball just whooped up on Kansas

Crizilla

Reaction score
Pac 12 is very strong this year but yeah, 40 points is a joke. No excuses

getnasty

Reaction score
Crizilla":3e34aaaq said:

The Pac 12 is dogshit, Arizona is the best team and there weak.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2jqfrssy said:
JSeahawks":2jqfrssy said:
Quack. 65-40? To a crappy Ducks team?
Trying to “blow up” this game much??? LOL, The Quackers are 16-8 not sure that’s a crappy team.
Young UW team that is playing above their heads this year, there is going to be a stumble here and there.
You shoot less than 28% from the floor you are not going to beat many Highschool teams.

To quote a Quackers fan from this very board. “I’m already over it.” 8)

Haha. After two straight ass kickings on the football field I have to get a little joy!

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
The UWWBB team only has one pac 12 win, could their coach be on the hot seat next year if things don't improve? Or is that the path we had also expected the mens team to go with a new coach? Just seems a bit of a decline for the womens team given recent successes.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
getnasty":1asb4pew said:
Crizilla":1asb4pew said:

Agreed. Pac-12 is easily the worst power conference IMO. Zona is the best team and they are struggling and look like a fringe top 25 team. Pac-12 might not have a team better than a 4 or 5 seed in the NCAA tournament.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":29wffq2k said:
The UWWBB team only has one pac 12 win, could their coach be on the hot seat next year if things don't improve? Or is that the path we had also expected the mens team to go with a new coach? Just seems a bit of a decline for the womens team given recent successes.

Their recent success was due one tremendous athlete and she graduated last year. Plus they have a new coach this year too. I thought their coach Neighbors left after last season.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1ns5qv7u said:
getnasty":1ns5qv7u said:
Crizilla":1ns5qv7u said:

Agreed. Pac-12 is easily the worst power conference IMO. Zona is the best team and they are struggling and look like a fringe top 25 team. Pac-12 might not have a team better than a 4 or 5 seed in the NCAA tournament.

West coast conferences never get the hype like east coast conferences do and it seems theres always a west coast team to make a serious run. Besides Duke and UNC, the ACC does nothing (Louisville doesnt count because they were just added to the ACC couple years ago). Oregon was seconds away from the title game against the ZAGS last year. There's no runaway favorite in the pac 12 this year because of balanced competition. There will probably only be 4 or 5 teams from the Pac12 to the make the tourney this year but I will predict 2 or 3 will make the sweet 16.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Terrible loss tonight! I hope this isn't the one blemish that keeps them out of the tournament.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Huskies are in the stage right now of learning how to deal with big home wins. You can't let your guard down AT ALL when going on the road in conference play. That ARZ win mentally exhausted this team.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
That was a tough loss, to be fair Oregon State hit some ridiculous threes near the end. However I felt that Hop should have adjusted and taken away the pass to the middle of the zone. Either way we are still in contention for the NCAA tournament. I think Lunardi said regardless of the outcome last night he still had us as one of the last four teams in. We need to sweep the mountain schools this week. IT gets his jersey retired on Saturday against Colorado. With the crowd back at Hec Ed, it's going to be difficult for opposing teams to win on our court.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It was great while it lasted....the Huskies look to be coming back to earth. Nowell has been terrible the past couple of games and Dickerson is a ghost after his big games against ASU and UA.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Good outing from the Huskies. It looked shaky in the first half (Green was the star of the 1st half) but they rolled them in the 2nd half. Matisse had a great game, Green, Nowell, and Dickerson were solid.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think we need to finish the season 3-1 to get in, and probably at least one win in the tournament. We should take care of business at Cal and at home against Oregon St. We need to steal one at Stanford or the season finale against Oregon. If we go 2-2 to finish out the season, I think we need at least two wins in the tourney.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Huskies need to win their last game of the season against Oregon tomorrow and might need one more in the Pac-12 tourney. A lot of this depends on upsets in the conference tourneys, hopefully chalk which keeps the bubbles open.

Crizilla

Reaction score
The latest bracketology had ASU, USC and Louisville in, but not Washington. So dumb.

Louisville is like 1-4 or 1-5 against ranked teams. UW is 3-1 against ranked teams, including 2 top 10 wins. ASU has a similar resume to UW's, but UW won the head to head. Same thing with USC. UW won the head to head. I get it, UW has stumbled but it makes no sense to put ASU in over UW. There's no case for it at all. Louisville hasn't beaten ANYONE.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Crizilla":r7cnrc60 said:
The latest bracketology had ASU, USC and Louisville in, but not Washington. So dumb.

Louisville is like 1-4 or 1-5 against ranked teams. UW is 3-1 against ranked teams, including 2 top 10 wins. ASU has a similar resume to UW's, but UW won the head to head. Same thing with USC. UW won the head to head. I get it, UW has stumbled but it makes no sense to put ASU in over UW. There's no case for it at all. Louisville hasn't beaten ANYONE.

They are using a new criteria this season, quadrant 1-4 wins. Too bad they switched this year, because we probably would have faired better with the old system. It factors in home, away and neutral court. IMO I'm more impressed if the Hawks go on the road and beat a wildcard team than beating a top 3 team at home. This link explains it.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... mphasizing

The link below shows the resumes, we are 3-5 in quadrant 1.

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2018/nitty-live

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1n6uebzy said:
Huskies need to win their last game of the season against Oregon tomorrow and might need one more in the Pac-12 tourney. A lot of this depends on upsets in the conference tourneys, hopefully chalk which keeps the bubbles open.

Looks like we’re both heading to the NIT unless they make a serious run in the Pac-12 tournament.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/komonewsradio/status/970833363249463296[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/UW_MBB/status/970834622626988033[/tweet]

:2thumbs: :0190l: :2thumbs: