Husky basketball just whooped up on Kansas

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":5g1n2n46 said:
Woof!

I think if the season ended today we would be in the tourney. Still a a lot of season left.
CBS Sports has Washington as the #10 seed in the West as of this morning.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DJrmb":2kplr4de said:
Hawk-Lock":2kplr4de said:
Woof!

I think if the season ended today we would be in the tourney. Still a a lot of season left.
What a great win tonight! I love how together Hopkins has this team playing. Thybulle has to be defensive player of the year at this point.

Meanwhile.. what a free fall for ASU. Went from #4 in the nation to sinking out of the top 25. It's not a stretch that they are left out of the tournament.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah we were fortunate enough to catch USC when they were struggling early in the conference schedule, and to catch ASU when they are struggling later on in the season. But now we need to root for both schools, particularly ASU. We want to keep them as a tier 1 win, so hopefully they finish inside the top 30 in RPI. To be honest though, I think they are a pretty average team that completely overachieved early in the season. It will be interesting to see how they get seeded because of their opposite results in the non conference and conference schedules. The USC and KU wins are looking a lot better, both those teams have been playing great as of late.

I think if we can find a way to get to 20 wins, then we are in. We will also likely have to win at least one in the Pac-12 tournament. If we beat Arizona this weekend, then I think that firmly puts us in and we'd have to collapse to fall out of the tournament. Ferburary should be a fun month of husky hoops.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1gfzj9h1 said:
Yeah we were fortunate enough to catch USC when they were struggling early in the conference schedule, and to catch ASU when they are struggling later on in the season. But now we need to root for both schools, particularly ASU. We want to keep them as a tier 1 win, so hopefully they finish inside the top 30 in RPI. To be honest though, I think they are a pretty average team that completely overachieved early in the season. It will be interesting to see how they get seeded because of their opposite results in the non conference and conference schedules. The USC and KU wins are looking a lot better, both those teams have been playing great as of late.

I think if we can find a way to get to 20 wins, then we are in. We will also likely have to win at least one in the Pac-12 tournament. If we beat Arizona this weekend, then I think that firmly puts us in and we'd have to collapse to fall out of the tournament. Ferburary should be a fun month of husky hoops.

An ASU alum, i've stopped donating and cancelled Son #1's application until Bobby Hurley is off the sideline. They are done.

I think the Huskies are just a couple of wins away from punching their ticket. the rest will be seeding

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
What a game! Dom Green with the game winning three at the buzzer. We just beat two ranked teams, that has to firmly put us in the tourney. Still a lot of season left, but we got a team! So excited for this team and for Mike Hopkins.

Most people in Seattle probably don't even know the name Mike Hopkins, they will soon though.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Incredible win wow! This team with Coach Hop is a lot better than anyone was giving them credit for. Mike Hopkins has done an incredible job with these guys!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
DJrmb":14jm4173 said:
Incredible win wow! This team with Coach Hop is a lot better than anyone was giving them credit for. Mike Hopkins has done an incredible job with these guys!

It has to be one of best turnarounds in not only college hoops but in sports. This team went 9-22 overall, and 2-16 in conference last season. They are already at 17-6 overall and 7-3 in the Pac-12. Oh and they lost some guy named Fultz who went #1 in the NBA draft. Absolutely incredible turnaround.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Awesome win. Hopkins needs some serious consideration for PAC-12 coach of the year!
This team was supposed to finish 10th in the PAC-12 this season. Confidence is a dangerous thing and the Dawgs have that is spades rights now! :2thumbs:

D

DomeHawk

Sports Hernia":22qi9fov said:
Awesome win. Hopkins needs some serious consideration for PAC-12 coach of the year!
This team was supposed to finish 10th in the PAC-12 this season. Confidence is a dangerous thing and the Dawgs have that is spades rights now! :2thumbs:

Absolutely, if they were voting today he would be a lock. Dickerson was fantastic against Arizona's 7-footers AND Dominic Green was absolutely clutch with that last shot.

One for the ages, looks like UDub has found its BB coach too!

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Have the Ducks and Huskies played yet this season? I fully admit, when it comes to Duck basketball i'm very much a band wagon fan, i only pay attention when they're good. From my understanding they can go 5 minute stretches where they look like the best team on the planet, then the very next 5 minutes they look like they dont know what that orange round thing bouncing around is. Women's team is pretty damn good though, i've watched some of them.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yes, coach Hop is basically a lock for Pac-12 COY. He is probably top 3 COY in all of college hoops. I'm not even sure if they have that award on a national level or not, but only guy who you can make an argument for better turnaround is Chris Holtman at Ohio State.

Huskies play Ducks in Eugene this week. Personally, I'm not crazy about our chances. Ducks are going to be pissed coming off the worst loss in the Altman era, on the other side Huskies might be overconfident after beating two ranked teams. Nothing wrong with being a bandwagon fan as long as you admit it. Can't stand the so-called "life long Seahawk fans" around this city. Funny how so many popped up right around the time RW got here.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2v4ntonu said:
Yes, coach Hop is basically a lock for Pac-12 COY. He is probably top 3 COY in all of college hoops. I'm not even sure if they have that award on a national level or not, but only guy who you can make an argument for better turnaround is Chris Holtman at Ohio State.

Huskies play Ducks in Eugene this week. Personally, I'm not crazy about our chances. Ducks are going to be pissed coming off the worst loss in the Altman era, on the other side Huskies might be overconfident after beating two ranked teams. Nothing wrong with being a bandwagon fan as long as you admit it. Can't stand the so-called "life long Seahawk fans" around this city. Funny how so many popped up right around the time RW got here.
The Dawgs are a good team this year under Coach Hop but they are not a great team yet. I totally expect a down game after all the emotion of this last win against Arizona. It's pretty natural for a young up and coming team like these Huskies getting so high going against a top 10 team and then being a little flat after that. They don't have the tradition of winning and being a top program year in and year out yet. However, when they are up for a game I think they've shown they can play and be in a game with just about anyone. So while I'm thinking they will maybe come out flat against the Ducks and probably lose it's all a part of what Coach Hop is building in them long term.

D

DomeHawk

Hawk-Lock":3q1cjkk8 said:
Can't stand the so-called "life long Seahawk fans" around this city. Funny how so many popped up right around the time RW got here.

Just as much as us "life-long" Seahawk's fans can't stand being called bandwagon fans after paying our dues waiting in those interminably long lines to get into the trough urinal at the Kingdome.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Yeah. I can't stand the people calling out the "Seahawks" bandwagon aka Seahawks fan circa 2012.

It's bull.

Personally, from my point of view to the haters: brah, I've been here all along, through the thick and thin for more than half my life.

You wouldn't know that because you didn't care to notice. Not until my team became a National contender.

I've been rooting for my team for years. You just didn't hear because it's you who are the true bandwagon. Haters bandwagon. You didn't care when my team is irrelevant... now because they've done well you care and now u want to hate and tell me things like "where were you before 2012".

No, where were you. Just because you didn't care didn't mean I did not.

Crizilla

Reaction score
lololol UW still not ranked despite 2 wins against top 10 opponents. 3-1 overall against ranked opponents.

East Coast bias shows the most in College Basketball. It's really bad.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2p815uol said:
Quack. 65-40? To a crappy Ducks team?
Trying to “blow up” this game much??? LOL, The Quackers are 16-8 not sure that’s a crappy team.
Young UW team that is playing above their heads this year, there is going to be a stumble here and there.
You shoot less than 28% from the floor you are not going to beat many Highschool teams.

To quote a Quackers fan from this very board. “I’m already over it.” 8)