How long are morons gonna say LUCK > WILSON...??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony!

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2v8mjr45 said:
Anthony!":2v8mjr45 said:
Smellyman":2v8mjr45 said:
awesome. this thread is killing it.

beating our heads against a wall though. Excuses will continue to be made for Luck and reasons to downgrade Wilson will continue to be made.

it is one of the more maddening national commentaries in sports I have seen.

It is, so out of curiosity I decided to email a certain so called expert ex GM. All I said was what would you think of a QB with these stats in their first 2 years. I quoted Lucks stats. They came back saying that QB is not playing well and is an avg at best performer so far. I then sent back RWs stats without letting this person who is who. They came back saying this QB is a top 10 Elite QB. When I revealed who is who, the excuses started about Luck not having anything. So I then sent back the info comparing what each has to support them, I did this in a way that would make it very hard to tell who is who. He said QB A had more support, QB A was Luck. When I told him, he said does not matter luck is Elite RW is not and never will be, because he is not a prototypical QB, When I asked to define, he said 6'2". That ex GM Casserly

Anyway you could copy/paste those?

You mean the stats?

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Watch this coming up season, if our WR starts balling out and Wilson having another great season over Luck, the excuses will be that Wilson has a great receiving core, great o-line, etc, I can already see the excuses coming. Luck will not get slighted by the media, that's their media darling.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Watching the Saints MNF game as I type. Wilson starts the show with some brilliant footwork, then makes a ridiculous toss to M-Rob for a nice gain. Made it look easy. Joe himself, never looked better than that snapshot of Russell Wilson right there.

Earlier I said I would in fact trade RW for Luck, but it wouldn't be done quite so casually. I hope to never see him in another jersey. And Just the fact we are debating such a trade speaks volumes about Wilson. I guarantee you Luck is going to have a HOF career. Some seem to be missing what this kid is. Luck's not just another #1 pick, he has all the tools to be an all timer. Both mentally and physically. Forget about how many post season INTs he's thrown to date, etc. There's a learning curve here and one that Wilson is totally disregarding. Like Luck, he is uber special and If he manages to stay healthy, he and Luck may enter Canton the same weekend.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Anthony!":2svba82s said:
EverydayImRusselin":2svba82s said:
Anthony!":2svba82s said:
Smellyman":2svba82s said:

beating our heads against a wall though. Excuses will continue to be made for Luck and reasons to downgrade Wilson will continue to be made.

It is, so out of curiosity I decided to email a certain so called expert ex GM. All I said was what would you think of a QB with these stats in their first 2 years. I quoted Lucks stats. They came back saying that QB is not playing well and is an avg at best performer so far. I then sent back RWs stats without letting this person who is who. They came back saying this QB is a top 10 Elite QB. When I revealed who is who, the excuses started about Luck not having anything. So I then sent back the info comparing what each has to support them, I did this in a way that would make it very hard to tell who is who. He said QB A had more support, QB A was Luck. When I told him, he said does not matter luck is Elite RW is not and never will be, because he is not a prototypical QB, When I asked to define, he said 6'2". That ex GM Casserly

You mean the stats?

The email exchange.

Anthony!

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1l7ussqm said:

You mean the stats?[/quote]

The email exchange.[/quote]

He has his email copy protected so I cannot that is why I paraphrased it, explains why when I tried to forward it to someone they said nothing was in the mail too. Tricky we do it at work too, but did not know he did it. Sorry

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Anthony!":bjszj45a said:
EverydayImRusselin":bjszj45a said:

You mean the stats?

The email exchange.[/quote]

He has his email copy protected so I cannot that is why I paraphrased it, explains why when I tried to forward it to someone they said nothing was in the mail too. Tricky we do it at work too, but did not know he did it. Sorry[/quote]

Yeah I'd like to see this too

Anthony!

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":gzc1dopw said:
Screen shot from your phone

Yeah the picture comes out like crap. I am guessing since I cannot prove it other than my word I will need to add a line to my post. Sorry

Anthony!

Reaction score
Anthony!":3ady496a said:
Smellyman":3ady496a said:

So the email that I sent was replied to but is protected meaning I cannot copy and paste it, I have tried taking a picture but it comes out like crap.

So given that and the fact I cannot prove any of this other than the fact it does go inline with Casserly's whole stance, while I will not remove my post, I will say it cannot be substantiated other than by my word. you can choose to believe it or not. My apologies.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
McG":1v20eu20 said:
But Luck does everything! Surely it has nothing to do with the fact that he was crowned the next coming before he even played a snap in the NFL. Lets not get started on RGIII... I'd rather see him go sell sandwiches than play football.

Man, I really like RG3. Softy interviewed him before the Husky Bowl game and he was just really well spoken and humble.

He was obviously hindered by the knee, but the guy balled in his rookie year. Fantastic arm to go with that mobility. Hope he comes back well.

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":331gxubs said:
Watched the Colts-Chiefs playoff game again last night.. and I have to say I stand corrected. If you overlook the fact the Colts defense gave up more points in one game than the Seahawks did the entire postseason, and overlook the fact Andrew Luck needed only 11 more yards rushing to lead the Colts in that statistic too.. you can totally see how the Colts supporting cast is identical to the Seahawks.

:lol:

Andrew Luck is a good QB, that will be great very soon - on a team that would struggle to win 6 games without him.

Russell Wilson is a good QB that will be great very soon - on an already great team. Hence why he's wearing a Super Bowl ring right now and Luck isn't.

So surely Luck's 3 Interceptions had nothing to do with the Chiefs offensive performance? The Colts had a total of 4 turnovers compared to the Chiefs 1 turnover...

If anything this just proves the Colts ARE A GOOD TEAM DESPITE HOW TERRIBLE LUCK PLAYS... THEY CAN WIN A GAME WHERE THEY LOSE THE TURNOVER BATTLE 1-4...

Andrew Luck gave up the last 1st Half scoring opportunity with his interception with 33 seconds left to go in the 2nd Quarter. He threw the interception from the 50 yard line, they could of easily hit on a field goal before half time if he wasn't such a failure.

Then on the first play of the 2nd Half Luck is intercepted. This leads to a Chiefs touchdown requiring only 22 yards from the interception play's field position.

Luck is intercepted once again FOR THE SECOND TIME ON THE VERY NEXT PLAY AFTER A PUNT OR KICKOFF... LUCK LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN RUN ONE PLAY TO START A DRIVE WITHOUT AN INTERCEPTION... this happened TWICE IN ONE GAME... This leads to a Chiefs field goal where they only went 5 yards after the interception and still scored...

Luck virtually handed the Chiefs 10 points, he never gained ANY field position with his drives immediately turning the ball over with an interception the very first play after a punt or kickoff...

The Chiefs can thank Luck for scoring 10 points off of their 2 drives averaging 13.5 yards a drive (including interception return yardage)... Luck is giving them nearly 1 point per 2 yards gained for their offense with his terrible play in these scenarios that are entirely his fault.

This is a game where ALEX SMITH vastly outperformed Andrew Luck and still lost because the COLTS ARE A GOOD TEAM EVEN WHEN ANDREW LUCK SUCKS! There were also multiple injuries to the Chief's players in that game, so Luck is pretty lucky to not be 0-2 in the playoffs which isn't much worst than his 1-2 record.

Passer Rating:

1) Alex Smith: 119.7
2) Andrew Luck: 98.7

Let's not even get into Luck's stats against the Patriots... he did horrible. Actually yes, let's get into it because HIS PERFORMANCE IS SO UNBELIEVABLY TERRIBLE! IT'S A GREAT EXAMPLE WHY WILSON IS SO MUCH BETTER. This kind of stat line would NEVER HAPPEN TO WILSON, especially in a playoff game.

ANDREW LUCK against Patriots in Playoffs:

Completion Percentage: 48.8%

Passer Rating: 53

Touchdowns: 2

Interceptions: 4

Ya sweet Luck threw the ball 41 times for 2 touchdowns and 4 interceptions... his interception rate was 9.6%...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/14874/andrew-luck
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/8416/alex-smith

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201401040clt.htm

P.S. The Colt's Running Back was averaging 5 yards per carry against the Chiefs (and 1 touchdown) so saying that Luck almost had more rushing yards is meaningless. He was having a very nice game, the Colts are just stupid for letting Luck lose games for them with his terribly inefficient play. They were VERY LUCKY to win against the Chiefs, but against the Patriots they got spanked, and Denver spanked the Patriots, and we spanked Denver... So ya Colts are way below the Seahawks and a lot of it has to do with Andrew Luck's mediocre play in general (but especially in important games).

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
HawkWow":32l8w824 said:
Earlier I said I would in fact trade RW for Luck, but it wouldn't be done quite so casually. I hope to never see him in another jersey. And Just the fact we are debating such a trade speaks volumes about Wilson. I guarantee you Luck is going to have a HOF career. Some seem to be missing what this kid is. Luck's not just another #1 pick, he has all the tools to be an all timer. Both mentally and physically. Forget about how many post season INTs he's thrown to date, etc. There's a learning curve here and one that Wilson is totally disregarding. Like Luck, he is uber special and If he manages to stay healthy, he and Luck may enter Canton the same weekend.

So far Luck is not special and is NOT on track for a hall of fame career. His stats are all mediocre other than total passing yards due to his overly inflated and ill-advised pass attempt totals. Given his efficiency thus far he shouldn't even get that many pass attempts so really he has nothing special statistically going for him right now.

I think Luck does have potential, but I think you are very foolish that you would trade RW for Luck based on potential that up to this point may or may not come to fruition.

Right now Luck is just simply not that good... Maybe next year? I'll be waiting patiently...

I can't respect your opinion or analysis at all if you would be willing to trade Wilson for Luck based on imaginary scenarios that may or may not ever become reality. Luck's just not that good yet, Wilson > Luck.

Luck is not just another #1 pick? OK well that's cool but we got a #75 pick who is absolutely destroying him thus far in their careers...

the ditch

Reaction score
I think some of it also has to do with the fact that the pundits were all over Luck and praising him as the next greatest quarterback ever and they don't want to seen as foolish for all of the hype. Put that together with them saying Wilson wouldn't cut it in the NFL and you have this feverous defending of Luck compared to Wilson with no basis in anything tangible/real.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Anthony!":1k59iw3a said:
Anthony!":1k59iw3a said:
Smellyman":1k59iw3a said:

So the email that I sent was replied to but is protected meaning I cannot copy and paste it, I have tried taking a picture but it comes out like crap.

So given that and the fact I cannot prove any of this other than the fact it does go inline with Casserly's whole stance, while I will not remove my post, I will say it cannot be substantiated other than by my word. you can choose to believe it or not. My apologies.

I wasn't trying to call you out or anything, I just wanted to see what Casserly was saying.

Anthony!

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2xi1cbo3 said:
Anthony!":2xi1cbo3 said:
Anthony!":2xi1cbo3 said:
Smellyman":2xi1cbo3 said:

I wasn't trying to call you out or anything, I just wanted to see what Casserly was saying.

I know it is just when I realized I could not cut and paste or anything I knew someone would say something eventually, and truth be told if I knew I could not cut and paste or something I probably would not have brought it up at all. I am big on being able to prove what I say so this is not the norm for me.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":39azs3kc said:
They are both damn good, and will be for years. Who cares?

I wish I could blame this thread going on 5 1/2 pages too long on July boredom, but there were a bunch of Luck vs. Wilson threads during the season as well.

Three things you can count on in life;

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. Hawk fans raging against the machine over the smallest perceived slights

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":waedix4p said:
SoulfishHawk":waedix4p said:
They are both damn good, and will be for years. Who cares?

I wish I could blame this thread going on 5 1/2 pages too long on July boredom, but there were a bunch of Luck vs. Wilson threads during the season as well.

Three things you can count on in life;

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. Hawk fans raging against the machine over the smallest perceived slights

I just like to correct people when they are WRONG about Luck...its not like everyone that brings up points against luck is bringing their own opinion or subjectivity to the discussion. There are a range of facts to suggest Luck isnt even one of the top 3 young QBs IMO but I wont go further into that.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I just realized something

The colts offense was ranked lower in points scored per game than the defense was in allowing points per game haha

Status
Not open for further replies.