How do you plan to survive the offseason?

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncharted waters because the playoffs are done for Seattle? WOW!!! This team has been here since 1976 and I've witnessed every season. The last 3-4 years are the uncharted waters and NOT THE NORM!.

This is bandwagon banter.

Superbowl losers do not generally tear it up the following year, so this is the norm. The team needed the rest and reflection time to regroup, let them have it with pride.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
No matter what the result of the season. Out of Season is the worst. I am quite busy on the soccer fields 9 months out of the year, but there is a hole where our Seahawks belong. I can't get enough information and it never comes quite fast enough. So I will be here....daily...looking for any post or update in regard to anything.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Well, honestly, I'm not off to a good start. Lol. Spent part of this morning watching some of the reactions and comments after the "worst result of a play call in Super Bowl History" and lamenting over what could have been. Seahawks could have punched through into "mini-dynasty" territory while keeping the Patriots from the Pantheon of great teams. It was gonna happen, then "The whole thing changed in 2 seconds." - Bob Costas on Conan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d87_YHgk_g time frame reference 2:15 to 2:32

I feel like Ben Wrightman watching the Buckner game, but there's endless supply of film on YouTube. Something we have to live with the rest of our lives. This season was a mission to right the ship even though that blunder can never be corrected. The team fought valiantly for all of the distractions and challenges it faced. But, failed to show the rest of the world that this team shouldn't be defined by it's last impression - 2 seconds of monumental blunder at the worst possible time. Had this team won Super Bowl 50, many would've looked back on 49 and seen it as an aberration rather than the story line of "great play by the Patriots". That mistake gave away what should have been back-to-back Super Bowl Championships.

I thought to myself this morning that this unfulfilled season makes last season's end feel even worse. Too, after watching videos of reactions to the unbelievable end to XLIX, I realize that play galvanized opinions of the play as well as the two teams involved. Over what? Two seconds and a VERY poor decision. The story line is that the Patriots are that much better and the Seahawks don't deserve "dynasty" status... over what happened in the span of 2 measly seconds. smh

But alas, this off-season presents an opportunity to distance ourselves another season from that (even though that play will be shown in highlights forever), to realize this team is very much in a Championship caliber window, and enjoy the re-tooling moves of the off-season while anticipating this team ready to come out guns-a-blazing with a fresh identity built upon its already impressive foundation and accomplishments.

It's been the best of times, the worst of times. But, they've given us the best years of exciting championship contention football... with more sure to come for several more seasons. The QB is such an important position to long term success, and we are so fortunate to have one that will keep this team contending for Championships throughout the remainder of his career.

It's good to be a Seahawks fan. No one can dismiss us/them.

I always spend my time on priorities in life (ultimate matters, family, etc.)... interrupted by passions such as the NFL draft and following the Seahawks. Time is precious and not to be wasted. Sometimes things get the best of us and rob us of that time. Still, the Seahawks are a worthy passion. Can't quit them if I tried.

I'll be focusing on others... including my getting my high school son (RB/Safety) into more one-day college camps (UF last year) and perhaps satellite recruiting camps.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seymour":3kc8zxy3 said:
Uncharted waters because the playoffs are done for Seattle? WOW!!! This team has been here since 1976 and I've witnessed every season. The last 3-4 years are the uncharted waters and NOT THE NORM!.

Superbowl losers do not generally tear it up the following year, so this is the norm. The team needed the rest and reflection time to regroup, let them have it with pride.

:roll:

I meant recently, not historically.

R-E-L-A-X

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I will say the time between the Super Bowl and along about mid-April and even into May most years is the worst part of the year for me. Football is over and motorcycle riding season is really not happening yet.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Are you ready for some Futbol? (Don't answer that...)

I'll be heading to the CLink a couple time a month starting in late March. G O S O U N D E R S ! ! !

Zorn76

Reaction score
By the time the SB ends, it's only a few months until the draft, which I enjoy immensely. Couple months after that, it's back to training camp. Forgetting about football in between these time lines helps it go faster.

Rob12

Reaction score
Seymour":38xrc3xz said:

You're bordering on breaking site rules here, so just stop.

Hasselbeck is anything but a bandwagon fan.

Good grief, man.

Rob12

Reaction score
Get some home projects started and finished.

Most of all, hang out with my family. Having a wife and three boys ages 5, 3, and 2 will keep me plenty busy and my mind occupied. I'm a tortured M's fan, so there's that. I'll probably nab some tickets to a game later this summer. I'll definitely take my oldest, and perhaps my middle boy as well. I'd love to get tickets to Junior's jersey retirement in August.

I'm 34, and it seems like time passes so damn fast. I don't think I'll have any problems holding off on the Seahawks until late July. And of course, I'll get a teaser in there when the draft hits.

As much as it still sucks to be out, I think the extended offseason might do some good for everyone - players, coaches, and fans alike. I'm really excited to see how this organization responds to a disappointing season with WAY too many distractions. PC/JS have a tough road to navigate, but I think they'll come out smelling like roses.

BKK_hawkfan

Reaction score
No special plans for myself, but the wife is fondling her wolf grey Hauschka jersey. o.0

Harley CVO

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":21cm0z3n said:
I will say the time between the Super Bowl and along about mid-April and even into May most years is the worst part of the year for me. Football is over and motorcycle riding season is really not happening yet.

i feel ya bro.
nice scoot you got there. Road King? looks like you got so good pipes on her..
might try to get some riding in this weekend just to get my fix. At least this time of the year with one puddle or rain shower,, there goes 3 hours out of my life to fill the football void cleaning Chrome

Erebus

Reaction score
Since I'm temporarily on the east coast until I move to a new duty station in August, I've been making the most of my time here. I have a goal of going to every MLB stadium, and in this area I still need to go see the Mets, Blue Jays, and Pirates. Other activities I expect to do this year are going to Universal Studios in Orlando, Hershey Park in Pennsylvania, seeing Niagara Falls, and Griffey's Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

Aside from all these fun activities, I'm working on a degree in cyber security, so that will keep me occupied as well. Unfortunately, none of this will keep my mind off football, so I'll still be checking .net everyday and reading any and all NFL news I can get.