Henry Melton to Visit Hawks this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
lukerguy":2xaxu0ie said:
Typical Seahawks fan right now "Hatcher? Ware? Walker? Melton? Allen? Peppers?" GIMMMMMEE GIMMMEEE GIMMMEEEE

The honest truth is we may not even know what the FO is looking for. I can tell you one thing they certainly are looking for, players who WANT to be here and are willing to take less to do it." Last year we got Bennett ONLY because the market was soft and Bennett; Bennett still took the highest offer. IF the market is really soft for Melton, he may be here, but I promise you he's not coming here for a ring. He's going to the highest bidder as what Bennett.

If Allen ends up coming here, it will be because he's willing to take a discount to have a shot at a ring. I can promise you that's not Melton's reasoning in the prime of his career. $$$$

There is a lot of certainty in the above post which contains nothing but conjecture.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
lukerguy":1nbyylea said:
Typical Seahawks fan right now "Hatcher? Ware? Walker? Melton? Allen? Peppers?" GIMMMMMEE GIMMMEEE GIMMMEEEE

The honest truth is we may not even know what the FO is looking for. I can tell you one thing they certainly are looking for, players who WANT to be here and are willing to take less to do it." Last year we got Bennett ONLY because the market was soft and Bennett; Bennett still took the highest offer. IF the market is really soft for Melton, he may be here, but I promise you he's not coming here for a ring. He's going to the highest bidder as what Bennett.

If Allen ends up coming here, it will be because he's willing to take a discount to have a shot at a ring. I can promise you that's not Melton's reasoning in the prime of his career. $$$$
Who on here has been asking for Peppers? It's very few if any. Obviously it would be nice to get 1 more player on the D-Line. Peppers is too old and it would be nice to get a great run stuffer in Melton, I think he fits the best out of all the names thrown around.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkWow":3tq7v9ko said:
Don't want to stray OT, but not wanting to start a new thread for a simple question...how come there's no chatter about Wilfork? Not a kid, for sure, but prior to injury, he was still a force and seems to be rather angry atm. He'd probably be the closest thing we've had to Tez since Tez.
Probably because he hasn't been released yet as far as I can tell.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":1bzn2luv said:
jammerhawk":1bzn2luv said:
CANHawk":1bzn2luv said:
nice. i like linemen mean and nasty. i hope he abandoned his dog too...

I was wit cha up to the dog part.

Melton is an excellent 3 tech who is also strong against the run. We'd want him in a rotational role and he may want to start and play every down. He might be hard to sell but so far has only had interest from the Vikes.

As others have said here he'd be a very nice add for the team.

What..? It clearly worked for Michael Bennett.

Yeah I heard that stuff about Bennett but I just happen to like dogs and don't condone any cruelty to them.

HawkWow

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2mmx5pd2 said:
HawkWow":2mmx5pd2 said:
Don't want to stray OT, but not wanting to start a new thread for a simple question...how come there's no chatter about Wilfork? Not a kid, for sure, but prior to injury, he was still a force and seems to be rather angry atm. He'd probably be the closest thing we've had to Tez since Tez.

Wilfork needs to be released first.

The Pats need him on their D-line and he knows it. This is a stunt about money. They aren't going to just release him.

Ah..This is why you don't listen to guys at Home depot. Got some bad intel. Thanks for the clarification.

HawkWow

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":3m79ymwj said:
You should know by now that this regime does not invest backup roster spots in end-of-their-career guys with injury issues, never mind those who offer absolutely no pass rushing ability whatsoever and who are not well-suited to one-gap schemes in the first place. They invest them in in young, inexpensive, hungry guys that they can develop....i.e. the Jordan Hill's, Michael Brooks', etc.

Vince Wilfork....that's rich.

I feel good in knowing I brightened your day, Daffodil.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2xfutoda said:
So no news about the meeting?

He's got more visits lined up so he's probably not going to accept anything right now. The Hawks are probably trying to talk to him about a low, short-term deal and he will want to see what the desperate Cowboys will offer (especially since he grew up a fan).

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I recall Scottemojo saying something last year about how he doesn't fit the Hawks' scheme. Not that he's infallible (he thinks I look like DJ Qualls), and not that Pete isn't adaptable, but I wish I could find that post.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ynbuo5m6 said:
I recall Scottemojo saying something last year about how he doesn't fit the Hawks' scheme. Not that he's infallible (he thinks I look like DJ Qualls), and not that Pete isn't adaptable, but I wish I could find that post.
Not that he lacks scheme fit, that I thought a lot of his sack and pressure production was tied to Peppers getting doubled all the time. I did think he was a bit off from what Seattle had had in the past for size from a 3 tech, but Bennett is even lighter than Melton and he was not an issue rushing in the middle.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3qkl2qch said:
MontanaHawk05":3qkl2qch said:
Not that he lacks scheme fit, that I thought a lot of his sack and pressure production was tied to Peppers getting doubled all the time. I did think he was a bit off from what Seattle had had in the past for size from a 3 tech, but Bennett is even lighter than Melton and he was not an issue rushing in the middle.

A response within four minutes. Now I KNOW you're stalking me.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3qp9vjig said:
Scottemojo":3qp9vjig said:
MontanaHawk05":3qp9vjig said:

A response within four minutes. Now I KNOW you're stalking me.
You have the cutest smile on infrared.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1vmj3vc2 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1vmj3vc2 said:
So no news about the meeting?

He's got more visits lined up so he's probably not going to accept anything right now. The Hawks are probably trying to talk to him about a low, short-term deal and he will want to see what the desperate Cowboys will offer (especially since he grew up a fan).
Makes sense given the ACL injury.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Melton would also be able to reunite with Rod Marinelli in Dallas, whom he played for in Chicago and really likes. That being said, the Cowboys have precious little cap space available, so if a bidding war were to break out between SEA and DAL, SEA would win.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Dallas doesn't have enough to grab Melton and Peppers (whom they are both interested). We need a 6'5+ LEO replacement for Clem; LEO needs to be big enough to set the edge against the run yet needs to be an excellent pass rusher. I feel we need either Peppers, Will Smith, or Allen for that.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
lukerguy":10o4t1mn said:
Dallas doesn't have enough to grab Melton and Peppers (whom they are both interested). We need a 6'5+ LEO replacement for Clem; LEO needs to be big enough to set the edge against the run yet needs to be an excellent pass rusher. I feel we need either Peppers, Will Smith, or Allen for that.

They would have kept Clem if they were interested in an aging veteran. No way in hell any of those guys plays a down for us.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
lukerguy":36b7k3uq said:

Clemons is 6'2" and played the LEO just fine. You have weird opinions.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Clem is 6'3.5. I guess they don't have to be 6'5, but they certainly need to be 6'3+ with a mix of Strength and Speed- something rare for players over 250lbs.

McGruff

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1x9v7ljn said:
lukerguy":1x9v7ljn said:

Clemons is 6'2" and played the LEO just fine. You have weird opinions.

I don't agree or disagree wihanyhig being said here.

But this post made me laugh. Don't know why, but it did.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
lukerguy":wzi1vqc8 said:
Clem is 6'3.5. I guess they don't have to be 6'5, but they certainly need to be 6'3+ with a mix of Strength and Speed- something rare for players over 250lbs.

Somewhat rare indeed, or they'd be everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts