Hawks now favored in game -1.5 over Giants

Weadoption

Reaction score
Yes I expected 2-2 at best it's the NFL we are still in the mix and have hope. It's just really hard to watch elite weekly and still keep hope and wonder how it will ever happen with this ownership and coach.. It's so sad to see such a collapse in 8-10 years at best.

I moved here a year or 2 before Andy was hired and Kansas City was hopeless until Andy immediately got a true bridge quarterback and moved up in the draft to get his quarterback unlike Seattle which seems to love a 72 year old with way too much power that game has passed by and have people thinking Geno is a starting quarterback rather then nothing more then a grossly overpaid bridge quarterback or Drew Locke is ever more then a barely adequate backup quarterback. Let's not even get into the mess at safety coaches and GMs are typically immediately fired for such stupidity.

My point is change happens fast if the ownership decides to do so
beyond the Hawks wins/losses this season or otherwise, there is still a pending opportunity for new and more aggressive ownership if the team sells. Getting rid of Jody for Jeff Bezos has the potential to be franchise changing imo. Having Geno is the perfect bridge qb that can keep the team in the playoffs until that new ownership brings in a new everything. And if the drafts keep
coming in like the last few, perhaps Schneider even stays on. Pete needs to retire, Hawks need an Offensive minded coach.
Niners are great, but they could end up being Jim Kelly Buffalo Bills great as well and not win diddly shit.
this sport is crazy like that, it’s a giant history of talent and circumstance mixed with randomness and sprinkled with injuries and littles tips and wobbles and flags all because of the short sample size nature of each and every game.
buck up, it’s the nfl, literally anything can happen.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Number one for me, if it were one of our country’s prestigious dick-rocket billionaires, he’s the best because he has no reason and would not want to ever move the team.

JPatera76

Reaction score
And tbh, I may not be a fan of his, but bezos seems like a Dan Campbell-esque aggressive/competitive type person.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
From the NY Giants website (just now)
Note, Andrew Thomas is their starting Left Tackle.

Screenshot 2023 10 02 084019

CouchLogic

Reaction score
...people thinking Geno is a starting quarterback rather then nothing more then a grossly overpaid bridge quarterback
Lol, what....????????

Geno's cap hit is like ten million for 2023. I would hazard a guess that's (maybe) top 15 money. Matt Flynn was getting paid just as much, maybe more, haha.

This isn't the 90's where you can pay a starting QB a pittance, even mediocre dudes are getting paid. Half the league has scrub QBs making as much (in some cases more) as Geno.

Not sure how Geno is "overpaid".

Mad Dog

Reaction score
He does and has been wanting to buy the Hawks since Paul’s passing and would be a great owner.

It's funny how people can say that as a fact. Who the hell knows what kind of owner Bezos would be. Being able to amass a fortune doesn't make you good at everything. It usually means you were the first to exploit a niche.

No one knows whether Pete retiring will be good or bad for the franchise. No one knows whether Bezos would be a good owner. Absolutely no one. And if you were playing the odds, they are heavily stacked against a good outcome. 32 teams. Only a handful of marquee winning franchises.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nice to see their LT is out. Shoot, we're already missing our RT, and our LT MIGHT play. And no Tre Brown or Burns.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Not many men or women are going to live up to the multi billion dollar passionate pnw philanthropist that was Paul. I didn’t know him, but what I do hear seems unique. Namely, he had a historically gifted giant brain, and apparently a small ego. That’s tough to find now.

Maulbert

Reaction score
beyond the Hawks wins/losses this season or otherwise, there is still a pending opportunity for new and more aggressive ownership if the team sells. Getting rid of Jody for Jeff Bezos has the potential to be franchise changing imo. Having Geno is the perfect bridge qb that can keep the team in the playoffs until that new ownership brings in a new everything. And if the drafts keep
coming in like the last few, perhaps Schneider even stays on. Pete needs to retire, Hawks need an Offensive minded coach.
Niners are great, but they could end up being Jim Kelly Buffalo Bills great as well and not win diddly shit.
this sport is crazy like that, it’s a giant history of talent and circumstance mixed with randomness and sprinkled with injuries and littles tips and wobbles and flags all because of the short sample size nature of each and every game.
buck up, it’s the nfl, literally anything can happen.
Eat dirt. I don't want Bozos anywhere near my team. No, that's not a typo.

sutz

Reaction score
Did Cross even fly out with the team? Last report I saw didn't sound overly optimistic of him being available.