Hawks agree to terms with Williams (3y, $21.5m per)

Rat

Reaction score
Would have much preferred Wilkins at what he got, but Williams is an excellent player who I would feel confident about for the next three seasons. I don't think that's an overpay.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
He was a necessity and i'm glad he's signed. I know it's slightly under market value, but it's still a lot of money. Was hoping for a better deal (18-20), but I knew it was a pipedream.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I like that it’s a 3 year deal. I’m sure there’s an easy out after year 2.

Let’s not forget we made the trade for him without much cap available so the giants had to eat a lot of dead money for us. I think we paid around $650k for him while the Giants are something like $27 million in dead money last year.

King Dog

Reaction score
"Rolly Eyes" C'mon Dog do you ACTUALLY BELIEVE that you're smarter than Schneider?? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAA!!!!!, Get a Clue Man.

"Rolly Eyes" C'mon Dog do you ACTUALLY BELIEVE that you're smarter than Schneider?? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAA!!!!!, Get a Clue Man. SMH
Well, I knew that Ifedi, Carpenter and Collier sucked right when they were drafted. So...... Get a clue Scutterhawk dumb dumb 🤣

SonicHawk

Reaction score
This guy was an immediate game changer. 3 years (with like @kidhawk said probably some easy out before the 3rd) is a perfect contract for his age. I like.

Rat

Reaction score
So much for all the posters claiming over and over of what a mistake it was to give up a second round pick for a half year rental.
We signed in free agency. That didn't require having traded for him, unless you think the Giants would have franchised him. Dozens of players have found new teams today.

flv2

Reaction score
Best player on the front 6 last season and by a good margin. If it's a $20.5M then $21.5M then $22.5M type deal then it's fair value. If they're paying $24M then $21.5M then $19M I might wince a little. It's a good sign.

Spohawks

Reaction score
It's a pretty easy call on if he was overpaid. He is getting top 10 in his position cash, is he top 10 in his position throughout the NFL??

You make the call.

flv2

Reaction score
So much for all the posters claiming over and over of what a mistake it was to give up a second round pick for a half year rental.
It couldn't be called a winning move or a bargain. Not every move is. If the Seahawks hadn't re-signed him it could have gotten them a complementary 3rd round pick in 2025. I'd still see that as a small loss. If they spent FA cash on lesser players and didn't get a pick it would be a bigger loss. Even then it wouldn't be a massive loss.

Latest posts