kigenzun

Reaction score
YESSSSSSSS!!!

Now that's what I'm taking about!

Get 'em JS!
:th2thumbs:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
*snicker* So, Philly and New Orleans fans have been needing a kicker and both wanted Hauschka. A Philly friend of mine just messaged me this:

"Seattle decides to re-sign someone and it's Hauschka. Your GM is a literal bag of *****."

-The Glove-

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":q3idhytk said:
*snicker* So, Philly and New Orleans fans have been needing a kicker and both wanted Hauschka. A Philly friend of mine just messaged me this:

"Seattle decides to re-sign someone and it's Hauschka. Your GM is a literal bag of *****."
what's wrong with Henery?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
-The Glove-":192e9j1w said:
A lot, apparently. Looking at his stats, he was 23 of 28 in 2013, and merely 7 of 10 between 40-49 yards. 37 of 90 for touchbacks on kickoffs, too. (49/94 for Hausch$.)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":w3cx0z2b said:
-The Glove-":w3cx0z2b said:
A lot, apparently. Looking at his stats, he was 23 of 28 in 2013, and merely 7 of 10 between 40-49 yards. 37 of 90 for touchbacks on kickoffs, too. (49/94 for Hausch$.)
damn...I remember him being good when he first came out.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
This is great news, and sooner than expected. Saw on this morning's news it was expected, but not until late this week. Hauschka has been very good for us. Getting him for what is essentially a middle-of-the-pack deal money-wise is just what we needed. Sure, $3 mil may seem steep to some, but it's much closer to league average than high end for kickers.

Welcome back Hauschka!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
-The Glove-":31sr9gh2 said:
RolandDeschain":31sr9gh2 said:
-The Glove-":31sr9gh2 said:
damn...I remember him being good when he first came out.
I don't know, he has missed at least three field goals each season since being drafted by Philly in 2011, and he seems to be getting worse, looking back at his stats each year. He missed two between 30-39 yards and one from 50+ in his rookie year, one from 20-29, one from 30-39, one from 40-49, and one from 50+ in 2012, and one from 30-39, three from 40-49, and one from 50+ in 2013.

Looking at more:
Henery touchback percentage by year:
2011: 36.4%
2012: 37.6%
2013: 41.1%

Hausch$ touchback percentage by year:
2011: 34.6%
2012: 41.3%
2013: 52.1%

Hausch$'s misses:
2011: one from 20-29, one from 30-39, one from 40-49, two from 50+
2012: three from 50+
2013: one from 20-29 (blocked), one from 40-49

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3omo70l2 said:
This is great news, and sooner than expected. Saw on this morning's news it was expected, but not until late this week. Hauschka has been very good for us. Getting him for what is essentially a middle-of-the-pack deal money-wise is just what we needed. Sure, $3 mil may seem steep to some, but it's much closer to league average than high end for kickers.

Welcome back Hauschka!

....and part of this package may be for "back pay"....like the Shaun Alexander deal. On second thought, maybe we should forget that deal!

RezHawk

Reaction score
Yes! Hauschka is money, he earned it and got it. Plus now I have a legitimate excuse to celebrate St. Patricks day :thirishdrinkers: WooHoo!!!

CANHawk

Reaction score
Good deal. It's a little higher than I'd like to spend on the position knowing the big names we have to lock up, but it's consistent with players comparable to him you you can't really begrudge him. If JS is spending the money, you know he's factored it into re-signing the big boys in the coming years so I can't complain. He had a good year last year, so it's tough to argue against the wage.

James in PA

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch and Steven Hauschka are reunited for at least another year! Close friendships like the one these two share don't come along every day ya know.
;)

v1rotv2

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2sw3swbs said:
v1rotv2":2sw3swbs said:
volsunghawk":2sw3swbs said:
I'm glad he's back. I think we paid too much, though. With that said, the overpay shouldn't create any issues with keeping other players, so that mollifies the issue a bit.

Not at all. He scores more points than anyone else on the team. He scored 143 points last year and the next closest is Lynch at 84. He made 33 out of 35 with 94.3% success rate. He's tied with 4 other kickers at 5th place for the 2013 season and paid at the #11 slot. So yeah, he is worth it.

I've already made my points in other kicker-related threads, so I won't belabor them too much here. Here's a quick summary:

1) The kicker scores more points than anyone else on the team on almost every team in the league. So what? That's tied completely to the nature of the position.

2) He had a great season last year. The year before wasn't quite as good, and the year before that wasn't on that level, either. Very, VERY few kickers consistently rank in the top 5 year in and year out. The only one I can think of is Bailey in Dallas.

3) For clarification on #2, this means that the ranks of "elite" kickers pretty much change every single season. A guy who is "elite" one year could be league average the next. There's very little difference between the two categories. So instead of giving a kicker a salary that puts him at the top of the league, you should instead pay him closer to the league average, because it's likely that he'll post league average numbers during at least part of the contract. And that's what the Seahawks did, apparently.

No you missed the point. As kickers go he has steadily progressed since we got him and now your willing to let him walk because you don't think kickers are worth being paid? Makes no sense. It is so odd to me that the position that garners the most points, by your admission, on a team and you don't want the best you can get?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
v1rotv2":2hx4u9w0 said:
volsunghawk":2hx4u9w0 said:
v1rotv2":2hx4u9w0 said:
volsunghawk":2hx4u9w0 said:
I'm glad he's back. I think we paid too much, though. With that said, the overpay shouldn't create any issues with keeping other players, so that mollifies the issue a bit.

Not at all. He scores more points than anyone else on the team. He scored 143 points last year and the next closest is Lynch at 84. He made 33 out of 35 with 94.3% success rate. He's tied with 4 other kickers at 5th place for the 2013 season and paid at the #11 slot. So yeah, he is worth it.

I've already made my points in other kicker-related threads, so I won't belabor them too much here. Here's a quick summary:

1) The kicker scores more points than anyone else on the team on almost every team in the league. So what? That's tied completely to the nature of the position.

2) He had a great season last year. The year before wasn't quite as good, and the year before that wasn't on that level, either. Very, VERY few kickers consistently rank in the top 5 year in and year out. The only one I can think of is Bailey in Dallas.

3) For clarification on #2, this means that the ranks of "elite" kickers pretty much change every single season. A guy who is "elite" one year could be league average the next. There's very little difference between the two categories. So instead of giving a kicker a salary that puts him at the top of the league, you should instead pay him closer to the league average, because it's likely that he'll post league average numbers during at least part of the contract. And that's what the Seahawks did, apparently.

No you missed the point. As kickers go he has steadily progressed since we got him and now your willing to let him walk because you don't think kickers are worth being paid? Makes no sense. It is so odd to me that the position that garners the most points, by your admission, on a team and you don't want the best you can get?
And there is every possibility that he regresses this coming season. It's the nature of the position. It's likely that he won't be "the best that you can get. "

And you completely missed the point yourself. First off, I never advocated letting him walk. I said that it would be a bad idea to give him a "top 5 at his position" contract. And, again, it's because the difference between top 5 and middle of the pack is very small, and it changes every damn year.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Glad he's only the 11th highest paid kicker. If I was in the negotiations I'd play that clip of him freezing like a chicken S#!* on that 50 yarder vs 49ers.