Hauschka re-signs: 3 years/$9 million

Scottemojo

Reaction score
themunn":17v9ddb2 said:
Scoring a TD on 4th and 7 is not vindication of Hauschka's decision not to kick it in the NFCCG, you have to look at the two plays separately.

It doesn't fill me with confidence that we may run out there one day in the 4th quarter, 2 points down with 3 seconds to play, needing a 50 yard FG to win it, and Hauschka doesn't think he can make it. Should we just run out Wilson and score a TD on that play too?

So the guy with a degree in neuro science stands there feeling the wind in his face from 53 yards, essentially tells his coach that his understanding of the laws of physics means this kick has a very high risk of failure based not on accuracy but length, and you want to make it about his cajones?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He was honest, it paid off, they won the game, they went on to win the superbowl........

Is is ever good enough? Ever?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":202lvvqw said:
He was honest, it paid off, they won the game, they went on to win the superbowl........

Is is ever good enough? Ever?
nope... I think some fans just need something to complain about.

drdiags

Reaction score
Looks to be a little less than originally thought

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider · 25m
Steven Hauschka deal: $8.55 million, $2.475M bonus, salaries $875K, $2M, $2.7M, $500K roster bonus due 2015, annual $200K Pro Bowl incentive

vonstout

Reaction score
I was beginning to wonder how many teams still needed a kicker. I know the Bears haven't signed Gould yet and he would have been a solid replacement had we lost SH. That's why I thought we might end up getting him for a little less, but he's still worth the$.

olyfan63

Reaction score
We're overpaying for a second-string Division III college soccer player? Dude wasn't even good enough to play varsity for a Division III program! OK, so he was good enough to play for their varsity Lacrosse team, just because he's kinda big, 6'4" and 210. Well, there's always the neuroscience degree to fall back on.

Hauschka has to have a big smile now compared to how it felt to be cut from the varsity soccer team at his college.

TwilightError

Reaction score
TwilightError":3s6fqnyt said:
Great news! Happy for Hauschka. Also relieved for not having to watch a noodle leg loose us the games that Hausch would have won. The reliability is easily worth that money.

I’m sorry I had to dig this up. Being right is awful.

mikeak

Reaction score
I love what Hauscka did for the team but last year was NOT a good year for him. So sure he is better this year than Walsh but last year he missed extra points. So #%**%## being right about resigning him he didn't earn it on the field last year / end of story

adeltaY

Reaction score
A lot of Hauschka's misses were either blocks or the blocking being atrocious and forcing him to adjust last year. No Nolane Frese this year and it seems like those issues are gone. I will say his low trajectory on XPs was bad. Then again, he's 100% on XPs this year!

Latest posts