Harvin's Return, "just around the corner"

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Harvin's "injury history" is the same as Marshawn's in that he might be on the list...but the guy is going to play and ball out.

It's just not a reliable source.

That said, this is the most severe injury he's had at the pro level. Before it was minor things that he returned from without losing a step. This could hinder him in some way, it remains to be unseen. We're lucky he's coming back while we're in good shape, and have a somewhat lax schedule the second half.

The ankle might be about the same when it comes down to time missed, and had more of an impact overall. Minnesota was heading to the playoffs, AP was going off, Percy was going for an MVP...that's brutal.

I think Pete&Co. will take their time getting him on the field, but if he's ready to go right now...we may just be seeing him for MNF (I'd give it a 33% chance).

Throwdown

Reaction score
Percy is back practicing???

pr1.gif

thebanjodude

Reaction score
RiverDog":2392hqzg said:
Harvin was not "wrongly detained". The police have the right to detain any one of us at any time so long as they have a reasonable cause. Percy was detained for illegally tinted windows and a license plate violation. Admittedly that's pretty lame, but still legal and very much within the law. His subsequent arrest may be questionable as it involved a judgement decision by the cop, but I have no reason to question their actions. If they have the slighest doubt about the road worthiness of a driver, they are legally and morally obligated to haul them in. Failure to do so could cost them their jobs. The fact that there was not enough evidence to charge Harvin with DUI does not mean the cop was in the wrong for detaining and/or arresting him.

I understand that it's just a matter of semantics and I don't mean to give you a hard time about it, but the reason I brought it up is that some people have the tendoncy to select their wording so as to make an incident seem more trivial than it was. This incident was very discomforting to me as it indicated that Harvin's judgement is very suspect. Even if he wasn't smoking it, he should have never let the stuff within a country mile of his car knowing what the possible reprecussions were.

I didn't say he was illegally detained, I said he was wrongly detained, in the sense that he was hauled in for something he was ultimately found not guilty of. You're grasping at straws to support your weak argument, no one would have read what I wrote and interpreted it the way you did. Why don't you just wait to see how Harvin actually does for us, instead of spreading the negativity? Unless you are a close friend of Percy Harvin, you really don't know anything about his inner thoughts and feelings. Wanting to get hip surgery instead of play football...that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

RiverDog

Reaction score
thebanjodude":3khpodki said:
RiverDog":3khpodki said:
Harvin was not "wrongly detained". The police have the right to detain any one of us at any time so long as they have a reasonable cause. Percy was detained for illegally tinted windows and a license plate violation. Admittedly that's pretty lame, but still legal and very much within the law. His subsequent arrest may be questionable as it involved a judgement decision by the cop, but I have no reason to question their actions. If they have the slighest doubt about the road worthiness of a driver, they are legally and morally obligated to haul them in. Failure to do so could cost them their jobs. The fact that there was not enough evidence to charge Harvin with DUI does not mean the cop was in the wrong for detaining and/or arresting him.

I understand that it's just a matter of semantics and I don't mean to give you a hard time about it, but the reason I brought it up is that some people have the tendoncy to select their wording so as to make an incident seem more trivial than it was. This incident was very discomforting to me as it indicated that Harvin's judgement is very suspect. Even if he wasn't smoking it, he should have never let the stuff within a country mile of his car knowing what the possible reprecussions were.

I didn't say he was illegally detained, I said he was wrongly detained, in the sense that he was hauled in for something he was ultimately found not guilty of. You're grasping at straws to support your weak argument, no one would have read what I wrote and interpreted it the way you did. Why don't you just wait to see how Harvin actually does for us, instead of spreading the negativity? Unless you are a close friend of Percy Harvin, you really don't know anything about his inner thoughts and feelings. Wanting to get hip surgery instead of play football...that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

What I was disagreeing with was that the language you used seemed to imply that you felt that the police were in the wrong by detaining/arresting Harvin. The fact that Harvin aroused suspicion to the point that it prompted an arrest is a huge lapse in judgment IMO.

I fully admit that I do not know Harvin's "inner thoughts and feelings" enough to say that what I am suggesting is true, but nor do you know enough about him to say that the suggestion is false, either. What I am saying is that there's a lot of funny stuff going on with Harvin, and I don't know if I trust him or not, and the DUI and the hip surgery is part of my uneasiness. As one person put it, it's always something with this guy, whether it be his injuries, arguments with his coaches, or a brush with the law. To use our head coaches' jargon, I don't know if Harvin is "in", and have offered the evidence that's causing my doubt.

As far as my spreading "negativity", if your mind can't handle points of view opposite of your own, then put me on ignore. I have no desire to get into a name calling pizzing contest with you or anyone else. I'm here to talk football.