Reasons why the Hawks will turn it around..

LTH

Reaction score
I can see how people think this year is done.

The Hawks are 3-5 with two tough games coming up.

There are very specific reasons why I think the Hawks are going to turn this thing around... It's not blind optimism..

1. They have been in position to win all of the lost games except one. This means they are competitive and they are just missing... There is a fine line of winning close games and losing close games . last year they were wining the close games this year not so much... What this tells me is that the team hasn't settled in yet. You can see the improvement in the D the last 3 games they are getting better.

2. They had some problems at corner. the FA they signed in the off season didn't work out like they thought... Getting Tre Brown back from injury was a Key... Jones is playing much better as he is learning the D and is becoming effective... it remains to be seen how Austin is progressing so we really don't know what the depth looks like but i think the coaching has been good in the secondary or we wouldn't see an improvement...Its clear that Carroll is gaining confidence in this group as we are seeing more man D, were seeing better disguised coverages

3. I think the D line is starting to come alive... we are starting to see more sacks and pressures from this D line.. we are seeing batted balls at the line and the run D has been improving as the jags have a good running game and the Hawks just shut them down cold... This really helps the secondary.. the D is starting to play together in this scheme. again the coaching is a key element here it's really been good.

4. Carroll made a choice to play the young linebackers Brooks and Taylor... It's been an adjustment for them in coverage... but they are starting to pick it up and understand their role better in this scheme... again good coaching just some growing pains in general for this group in certain area's..

5. I don't feel the O has been able to gain much continuity... we need to see better play at center, we need the O line to be healthy, I think coming off the win from the jags going into the Bye.. it going to give the O line a chance to get healthy going into the GB game that is going to be key...

6. I think losing Russ was a very bad thing... But I do have to say that I think it was unreasonable to expect Geno to come in lights out... bad call on my part I missed that one... He hasn't played much since 2014 and I had forgotten that he got hurt in pre season and missed all of it...

I think Geno is going to be ok... I saw some Russ like throws that were VERY accurate into tight coverage... I think Geno has been managing games effectively and growing in his role nicely... they just need to get on top of the sacks, the delay of game penalties and Geno needs to prove he can bring this team back and make that game winning drive when it counts... I feel confident that will happen as I think Carroll is doing a nice job managing Geno by not expecting him to do more than he is able building him slowly... Great coaching job!!

Its going to be an up hill battle the Hawks have dug them selves a hole...Now they just need to take one game at a time and work out of it...They have done it before under Carroll there is no reason why they can't do it again... People think Carroll has lost the lockers room because of a 3-5 start but nothing could be further than the truth... People think that the Seahawks have poor coaching but nothing could be further from the truth... It will be great coaching that will pull this team out of this hole...

Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers in Green bay is going to be an extremely tough game to win... But these types of games is what Carroll lives for... really... this is the pinnacle of what Carroll prepares his team for... as of this point it's the biggest game of the year and a win here would be the factor that pulls this team into a big run of wins...

Can they do it? I don't know..

Conventional wisdom says no.. but the thing is Pete Carroll has NEVER been conventional... It's going to be a great bench mark to see where this team is at...I wouldn't bet against them...

LTH

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Sure they can.
Rest and positive input will heal allot of problems.
Remember, Hawks are resting and everyone else is going to be subject to injuries. There will be a few.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I really hope GB looks past the Hawks... I'm waiting for a GB player to say something stupid...

come on GB give us a reason to kick your BUTT in your house!! LOL

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I really need to see the next two games to gauge if there is real improvement or not. I have zero confidence in Pete Carroll but I hope he proves me wrong.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3q9xgb87 said:
I really need to see the next two games to gauge if there is real improvement or not. I have zero confidence in Pete Carroll but I hope he proves me wrong.

Its clear there has been improvement in the D just in the fact that Pete is playing more man...

The question is how much improvement?

have they fixed the issues?

It's my opinion that its not really about talent... it's more of playing together in this scheme as a cohesive unit...so the continuity has been pretty good on the D side of the ball and i think we are seeing them gel a bit...because of this Carroll might take more chances... we will se vs GB..

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":whhnv3d0 said:

We are going to see how good this secondary is vs GB... guaranteed Rodgers is going to at some point test the Seahawk corners i bet it will be Tre Brown...

LTH

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Nope, not happening. This is the same exact thing we saw at the end of the last season. Play a few bad teams and we think our defense turned a corner, only to be exposed by real competition.

We've played the Steelers, a team that has a QB with a bum hip, a QB that quite frankly way past his prime. An offense that has been struggling this season.

The Jacksonville Jaguars, a team in the running for one of the worst teams in the NFL, and among one of the worst offenses in the NFL. Headed up by a struggling rookie QB a clown show of a coaching staff.

The Saints led by Jameis Winston, a notoriously streaky QB that plays in a dome, on a game with heavy wind and rain. Seeing the Seahawks play straight into their strengths too was disheartening to say the least.

I have zero trust that this team can go in and face the Packers in their home without a healthy Wilson, or Geno Smith. That would put the Seahawks at 3-6 after the Packers. After that we still have to play the Cardinals twice and the Rams again. Even if we split with the Rams and Cardinals, we'd end up being 5-7. We'd have to win every game from then on out to stand a chance at getting a wildcard spot. This is a best case scenario here assuming we split the difference between the CARDINALS. Every other team vying for that wildcard spot also has the tiebreaker with the Seahawks.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":oiwvx8hz said:
Nope, not happening. This is the same exact thing we saw at the end of the last season. Play a few bad teams and we think our defense turned a corner, only to be exposed by real competition.

We've played the Steelers, a team that has a QB with a bum hip, a QB that quite frankly way past his prime. An offense that has been struggling this season.

The Jacksonville Jaguars, a team in the running for one of the worst teams in the NFL, and among one of the worst offenses in the NFL. Headed up by a struggling rookie QB a clown show of a coaching staff.

The Saints led by Jameis Winston, a notoriously streaky QB that plays in a dome, on a game with heavy wind and rain. Seeing the Seahawks play straight into their strengths too was disheartening to say the least.

I have zero trust that this team can go in and face the Packers in their home without a healthy Wilson, or Geno Smith. That would put the Seahawks at 3-6 after the Packers. After that we still have to play the Cardinals twice and the Rams again. Even if we split with the Rams and Cardinals, we'd end up being 5-7. We'd have to win every game from then on out to stand a chance at getting a wildcard spot. This is a best case scenario here assuming we split the difference between the CARDINALS. Every other team vying for that wildcard spot also has the tiebreaker with the Seahawks.

Agreed

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I love your optimism. You make some good points. But everybody feels better after having played the Jags.

Realistically we have a slim to none chance of making the playoffs. As sucky as that is, I'm at peace with it. I do agree we can make some progress on both sides of the ball, but not enough to overcome the upcoming tough games on the schedule. And not with the mindset of keeping it close to the end. Hasn't worked for a while.

Keep people healthy, give some more game time evaluation for the younger guys, and retool for next year, sans Pete hopefully.

I hope I'm wrong.

chris98251

Reaction score
GB is not looking past the Seahawks, they flat out don't like us especially Cry Boy Rodgers, he has a disdain for us for a number of reasons.

If he can light it up he will and keep doing it.

This may not be pretty unless we can make him eat dirt and make him Angry, he's not very good when he is looking for Kittens and Puppies to strangle on the sidelines while biting off his receivers heads.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
so far Rodgers isn't stupid enough to say so... or to say something stupid to give the Hawks motivation not that they need motivation but it would make it fun...

LTH

keasley45

Reaction score
JPatera76":1m17qe3t said:
Spin Doctor":1m17qe3t said:

Agreed

Did we not bottle up the Rams for a half before our offense went MIA for 2+ qtrs?

We also played well against the 9ers.

And to downplay what the defense did against the Saints is just ...

And one can make all the exceptions they want. There's looking at the opposing teams record,strength, ranking, etc, and then there's watching the improvement game to game and play to play. The defense is Much tighter now than it was week 3.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":2jl3pamc said:
I love your optimism. You make some good points. But everybody feels better after having played the Jags.

Realistically we have a slim to none chance of making the playoffs. As sucky as that is, I'm at peace with it. I do agree we can make some progress on both sides of the ball, but not enough to overcome the upcoming tough games on the schedule. And not with the mindset of keeping it close to the end. Hasn't worked for a while.

Keep people healthy, give some more game time evaluation for the younger guys, and retool for next year, sans Pete hopefully.

I hope I'm wrong.

Thats not true... were right in there for the last wild card spot....we have a really good chance of making it... there are like 4 teams that were competing against its really not as bad as what people are saying... there is a lot of football left to be played... this thing ain't over yet... it's just not...to many people that have a negative out look...

Vikings
49ers
Atlanta
Philly

I'm not an optimist I'm a realist....

LTH

LegendKiller

Reaction score
You’re definitely not a realist. You’re like the unicorn of rainbows and sunshine in this forum literally creating a new thread every other day spewing the same thing. WE BEAT THE JAGS. Literally one of THE WORST teams in the nfl. They make anyone look good. It’s like feeling good after beating a one legged man in an @$$ kicking contest and then you want to go fight Tyson Fury. The real heavy weight contenders will crush us. Rodgers will carve this team up. Davante Adams will take our secondary to the shed. The Rams somehow just got better. We’re not making playoffs dude. This team will not get better until Carroll is gone. End of story. That’s the perspective of a realist. Why? Because our coaching hasn’t changed. We’ve had one good game against one of the worst teams and our recent history against contending teams craps on your narrative.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Feel better?
Geezus man, why do so many people care if someone has a positive take on the team? Especially after a win??
They did what they were supposed to do, they smoked a crap team. Yet, somehow that's not good enough. They didn't win by 7 touchdowns. :? Someone is happy that they won the game. Oh the horror.........
Again, there are people who literally can't just enjoy a win. To the point that they have to put down someone who enjoyed the game. Misery loves company indeed. Don't kick any puppies today.

notyou

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":xhcb2yhb said:
Feel better?
Geezus man, why do so many people care if someone has a positive take on the team? Especially after a win??
They did what they were supposed to do, they smoked a crap team. Yet, somehow that's not good enough. They didn't win by 7 touchdowns. :? Someone is happy that they won the game. Oh the horror.........
Again, there are people who literally can't just enjoy a win. To the point that they have to put down someone who enjoyed the game. Misery loves company indeed. Don't kick any puppies today.
You need to take a look in the mirror. You do realize you are doing the exact same thing you are crying about, right?
All you do is put people down if they point out actual flaws with the team. It's 90% or higher of what you post about. Get off your high horse.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There's a big difference in pointing out flaws, which this year's team has many, and just doom and gloom 24/7.
Oh well, couldn't care less. Fan how you want. I find it amusing, every single time.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
DangeRussHawk":1lzfez0k said:
You’re definitely not a realist. You’re like the unicorn of rainbows and sunshine in this forum literally creating a new thread every other day spewing the same thing. WE BEAT THE JAGS. Literally one of THE WORST teams in the nfl. They make anyone look good. It’s like feeling good after beating a one legged man in an @$$ kicking contest and then you want to go fight Tyson Fury. The real heavy weight contenders will crush us. Rodgers will carve this team up. Davante Adams will take our secondary to the shed. The Rams somehow just got better. We’re not making playoffs dude. This team will not get better until Carroll is gone. End of story. That’s the perspective of a realist. Why? Because our coaching hasn’t changed. We’ve had one good game against one of the worst teams and our recent history against contending teams craps on your narrative.

Those same "realists" have predicted 6-10 seasons for Seattle for about 6 years running.

You should probably stop confusing realism for pessimism. Realists don't make blanket statements and definitive judgments on events that have yet to transpire and clearly have no certain result.

One of my biggest pet peeves. You're not a realist, you're just grumpy.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":24qmqxym said:
Realists don't make blanket statements and definitive judgments on events that have yet to transpire and clearly have no certain result.

Realists take the evidence thats given to them and draw opinions from it. The evidence gathered from the past 6 years is that Russ is good enough to give the team 10-12 wins a season which usually nets a Wild Card position in the post season and once there, they get promptly beaten within the first or second round because the competition is better and Russ cant overcome Carrolls ineptitude at that point. With that body of evidence, why would anybody think it would or will be any different?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, I guess if you predict a losing record every single year, you'll eventually be right. How fun.
And for 734,223rd time, why do people care so much that someone has hope for their team? Why does it bother you so much?