Reasons why the Hawks will turn it around..

notyou

Reaction score
Why does it bother you so much that someone may not find the current state of the team something to be happy about?
All you do is cry about it. You seem outright offended if someone has a different opinion than you.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":anpwz1wc said:
Maelstrom787":anpwz1wc said:
Realists don't make blanket statements and definitive judgments on events that have yet to transpire and clearly have no certain result.

Realists take the evidence thats given to them and draw opinions from it. The evidence gathered from the past 6 years is that Russ is good enough to give the team 10-12 wins a season which usually nets a Wild Card position in the post season and once there, they get promptly beaten within the first or second round because the competition is better and Russ cant overcome Carrolls ineptitude at that point. With that body of evidence, why would anybody think it would or will be any different?

The realist view would simultaneously acknowledge that Seattle has deeply concerning facets of their organization, from roster down to coaching, but also that the team tends to overperform regardless and doesn't really get blown out very often at all.

The realist view considers both the pessimist take and the optimist take.

Optimist: Seattle, with largely the same team makeup, has continued to win 10-plus yearly, and this year is simply an aberration on that proven track record, therefore the team is likely to trend upward in the second half of the year. The defense is improving in a similar way to last year and Russ is coming back. Any game is winnable.

Pessimist: Seattle has had deepening issues with roster construction and gameplanning for an extended period of time. Years of subpar drafting and dubious acquisitions have hampered the teams upward mobility, and therefore, this year is simply a reflection of where the team always deserved to be results-wise. They will miss the playoffs.

Realist: A person that can simultaneously acknowledge the valid points of both parties above, and someone who can acknowledge that any result is far from determined, including that of the Packers game and the wild card race.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the laugh not you. Offended? Absolutely not. I just call it like I see it. We can agree to disagree.
I couldn't care less. You clearly have a hard time understanding that I find it funny, every time.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
When you are 3 and 5 every game you prepare to play is the biggest game of the year. GB has built a stellar record this year based on them winning several games they could just as easily have lost. We have built our record losing games we could just as easily have won. So the point that there is a fine line between the upper tier teams and those chasing them is valid. Thing is they are doing it and we aren't...yet.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":23f5yc20 said:
Yep. 3 games they should have won, no doubt about it.

Could have won. Not sure about should have.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Appyhawk":j6iygagj said:
When you are 3 and 5 every game you prepare to play is the biggest game of the year. GB has built a stellar record this year based on them winning several games they could just as easily have lost. We have built our record losing games we could just as easily have won. So the point that there is a fine line between the upper tier teams and those chasing them is valid. Thing is they are doing it and we aren't...yet.

Thats true there is a fine line of winning these close games and losing these close games...The key is staying close, improving every week and building momentum peaking at the right time... from my perspective that is what the Hawks are doing. Typically if a team loses it's starting QB it makes for a tough season and that has been the case for the Hawks... The Hawks have some issues but they are working out of them and this is due to great coaching unlike so many want to admit...

The win over Jacksonville was a great win for the Hawks. Yes Jacksonville is not a very good team but the Hawks did what they were supposed to do and that is domination in all 3 phases of the game and that's what good teams do...it's just an indicator that the Hawks are effectively working through their issues and improving every week... at this point what more can you ask for?

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":d1cm3fpz said:
. The Hawks have some issues but they are working out of them and this is due to great coaching unlike so many want to admit...

Good lord. The Saints played their worst game of the season against Seattle and Carroll ran the same running play 9 times in a row into a stacked box instead of trying something that might have worked. Your perspective of that is that it was great coaching because they didnt turn the ball over. Lol. WTF

hawker84

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":e3iohxnr said:
LTH":e3iohxnr said:
. The Hawks have some issues but they are working out of them and this is due to great coaching unlike so many want to admit...

Good lord. The Saints played their worst game of the season against Seattle and Carroll ran the same running play 9 times in a row into a stacked box instead of trying something that might have worked. Your perspective of that is that it was great coaching because they didnt turn the ball over. Lol. WTF

You just gotta scratch your head sometimes and move on. Some folks just refuse to take the blinders off..

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawker84":29ea9hq3 said:
pittpnthrs":29ea9hq3 said:
LTH":29ea9hq3 said:

You just gotta scratch your head sometimes and move on. Some folks just refuse to take the blinders off..

Blinders is not seeing that Pete is a stubborn old coach that takes WAY too long to make the necessary adjustments in game, and during scheme and gameplan sessions.

And yes, the Saints game is a perfect example. He didn't bracket Kamara until the 4th quarter, AFTER he ripped up our defense over and over, and is literally the only good runner/receiver on the Saints roster with Thomas hurt. That's a high school level gameplan going into the game, let alone during the game.

And yes, running into a 8-9 man box over and over cause establishing the run sorta worked in Pittsburgh the week before, and punting in the Saints territory when you're backup QB is struggling to score points is insanity.

If I could wave my magic wand and just have Pete be responsible for the Hawk's culture and organizational top to bottom structure.......and not coach? I'd wave that wand in a heartbeat.

But that's not possible, and you'll see it's not possible when Russell demands to be traded again and forced Jody Allen's hand in the off season.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2bfquy8f said:
Feel better?
Geezus man, why do so many people care if someone has a positive take on the team? Especially after a win??
They did what they were supposed to do, they smoked a crap team. Yet, somehow that's not good enough. They didn't win by 7 touchdowns. :? Someone is happy that they won the game. Oh the horror.........
Again, there are people who literally can't just enjoy a win. To the point that they have to put down someone who enjoyed the game. Misery loves company indeed. Don't kick any puppies today.

Bro is this what this team has come to? That we are celebrating a win AGAINST THE JAGS! Yes, it's great they finally got a W but come on man. We need to hold this team to a higher standard than just beating one of the worst teams in the league.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
notyou":34u055r3 said:
SoulfishHawk":34u055r3 said:
Feel better?
Geezus man, why do so many people care if someone has a positive take on the team? Especially after a win??
They did what they were supposed to do, they smoked a crap team. Yet, somehow that's not good enough. They didn't win by 7 touchdowns. :? Someone is happy that they won the game. Oh the horror.........
Again, there are people who literally can't just enjoy a win. To the point that they have to put down someone who enjoyed the game. Misery loves company indeed. Don't kick any puppies today.
You need to take a look in the mirror. You do realize you are doing the exact same thing you are crying about, right?
All you do is put people down if they point out actual flaws with the team. It's 90% or higher of what you post about. Get off your high horse.

Agreed. It's a forum. Lot of hypocrites here. We'd literally have nothing to talk about if we didn't have differing opinions.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2q2l7syk said:
DangeRussHawk":2q2l7syk said:
You’re definitely not a realist. You’re like the unicorn of rainbows and sunshine in this forum literally creating a new thread every other day spewing the same thing. WE BEAT THE JAGS. Literally one of THE WORST teams in the nfl. They make anyone look good. It’s like feeling good after beating a one legged man in an @$$ kicking contest and then you want to go fight Tyson Fury. The real heavy weight contenders will crush us. Rodgers will carve this team up. Davante Adams will take our secondary to the shed. The Rams somehow just got better. We’re not making playoffs dude. This team will not get better until Carroll is gone. End of story. That’s the perspective of a realist. Why? Because our coaching hasn’t changed. We’ve had one good game against one of the worst teams and our recent history against contending teams craps on your narrative.

Those same "realists" have predicted 6-10 seasons for Seattle for about 6 years running.

You should probably stop confusing realism for pessimism. Realists don't make blanket statements and definitive judgments on events that have yet to transpire and clearly have no certain result.

One of my biggest pet peeves. You're not a realist, you're just grumpy.

Take it easy Pete. The Niners were decimated by injuries last season. We were lucky to have the record that we did last season when for the last 7 seasons the same problems continue to plague this team and continually get worse. We were exposed for being pretenders in the first round of playoffs last season. How insulting was it that Aaron Donald said in the playoff game that HE WANTED TO PLAY THE HAWKS IN SEATTLE. He knew this team isn't playoff worthy. The Rams not only got a real decent QB but they got even better on defense. Being a realist is understanding that this team is not a contender and we just beat one of the worst teams in the NFL. Our coach is an idiot and our drafting has been horrendous the last 7 seasons. We gave up our future for a stone hand glorified linebacker/blitzing safety who can't cover worth a damn. Beating a crappy team means nothing other than a W on the stat sheet. When it comes to playing an actual contender this team will be exposed again.

notyou

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":389u3kaz said:
Thanks for the laugh not you. Offended? Absolutely not. I just call it like I see it. We can agree to disagree.
I couldn't care less. You clearly have a hard time understanding that I find it funny, every time.
Your posts don't sound like someone who thinks it's funny. They come across as someone who is deeply pained that someone spoke ill of the Seahawks. Like I said, about 90% of your posts are belittling people because they aren't posting happy thoughts when the team looks like hot garbage. I'm not saying they looked like garbage this last game, but they still have issues and people should be able to point those out without being treated like a lesser fan.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
DangeRussHawk":1eu2d49r said:
SoulfishHawk":1eu2d49r said:
Feel better?

Bro is this what this team has come to? That we are celebrating a win AGAINST THE JAGS! Yes, it's great they finally got a W but come on man. We need to hold this team to a higher standard than just beating one of the worst teams in the league.

You think this wasn't a good win? no positives in it because the Jags suck? do your home work dude...

This was a great win the Hawks dominated all three phases of the game that's exactly what good teams are supposed to do... Much better than had they struggled... they just about got a shut out...

What's your point man? what do you really want from this team...

I don't think you have a point...or at least one that makes any since at all...

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Funny, I have pointed out the team's problems plenty of times. Especially after losses. This team is a mess overall in 2021. So far. This team has a TON of work to do. The coaching is very suspect, especially the blatant refusal to adjust in game. The defense is FINALLY starting to play a little better. But at 3-5, it will take a lot to make the playoffs. I'm ready for some changes. But for now, I'm pulling for my team, thru thick and thin. Unfortunately, a lot of thin this year, esp. after Russ went down.

So if someone is happy they won on Sunday, god forbid, that somehow equates to not holding them to a higher standard?? What are you even talking about???

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
DangeRussHawk":3bca6dpp said:
Maelstrom787":3bca6dpp said:
DangeRussHawk":3bca6dpp said:
You’re definitely not a realist. You’re like the unicorn of rainbows and sunshine in this forum literally creating a new thread every other day spewing the same thing. WE BEAT THE JAGS. Literally one of THE WORST teams in the nfl. They make anyone look good. It’s like feeling good after beating a one legged man in an @$$ kicking contest and then you want to go fight Tyson Fury. The real heavy weight contenders will crush us. Rodgers will carve this team up. Davante Adams will take our secondary to the shed. The Rams somehow just got better. We’re not making playoffs dude. This team will not get better until Carroll is gone. End of story. That’s the perspective of a realist. Why? Because our coaching hasn’t changed. We’ve had one good game against one of the worst teams and our recent history against contending teams craps on your narrative.

Those same "realists" have predicted 6-10 seasons for Seattle for about 6 years running.

You should probably stop confusing realism for pessimism. Realists don't make blanket statements and definitive judgments on events that have yet to transpire and clearly have no certain result.

One of my biggest pet peeves. You're not a realist, you're just grumpy.

Take it easy Pete. The Niners were decimated by injuries last season. We were lucky to have the record that we did last season when for the last 7 seasons the same problems continue to plague this team and continually get worse. We were exposed for being pretenders in the first round of playoffs last season. How insulting was it that Aaron Donald said in the playoff game that HE WANTED TO PLAY THE HAWKS IN SEATTLE. He knew this team isn't playoff worthy. The Rams not only got a real decent QB but they got even better on defense. Being a realist is understanding that this team is not a contender and we just beat one of the worst teams in the NFL. Our coach is an idiot and our drafting has been horrendous the last 7 seasons. We gave up our future for a stone hand glorified linebacker/blitzing safety who can't cover worth a damn. Beating a crappy team means nothing other than a W on the stat sheet. When it comes to playing an actual contender this team will be exposed again.

Got it all out, champ?

Again, this isn't realism.

PS: what's with the "we" stuff?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
DangeRussHawk":2k1ocjxx said:
SoulfishHawk":2k1ocjxx said:
Feel better?

Why do "we" need to "hold" the team to any standard whatsoever?

I'm here to watch and analyze the team, and talk about it with others. I hold no power. You hold no power. This "holding a team that doesn't know I exist to some sort of standard I based on nothing" attitude is so wacky. You'll never, ever enjoy sports or fandom that way.

The realist is here to explain why a dominant win is bad, everyone. Let's get that strong dose of reality, fellas.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Because a team should apologize for winning 31-7. Because it was against a crappy team :?
They just got done losing 3 IN A ROW they should have won. Hell yes I'm happy they won on Sunday.
But again, it was the Jags. Winning sucks!!!! It's somehow their fault they had to play the Jags. Maybe it shouldn't count in the win column.