Harvin's Return, "just around the corner"

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll told reporters late Sunday that Percy Harvin's (hip) return is "just around the corner."
This doesn't really help us to determine a targeted timetable, but it's time to grab Harvin off waivers if he's still unowned in your league. Carroll's optimistic words come just days after he tried throwing cold water on Harvin's public goal of returning in Week 7. Harvin can be activated off the PUP list on Monday. Once he's activated to the 53-man roster, he'll likely need at least one week to get back near football shape. He has a chance to be a WR2/3 fantasy asset down the stretch.

In PC speak this means week 8 on MNF against the Rams.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, as much as I'd like to see Harvin on Thursday, waiting til the Lambs game is an extra 11 days, and why rush him back? Hopefully Breno and Okung will be back soon as well, my god they are needed.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1w3hv5z0 said:
Yeah, as much as I'd like to see Harvin on Thursday, waiting til the Lambs game is an extra 11 days, and why rush him back? Hopefully Breno and Okung will be back soon as well, my god they are needed.

He may also pull his play them limited snaps this week then go full out the following week.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the screen passes to Harvin and watching opposing Defenses pee their pants.
Another huge weapon being added to this team, and another weapon for RW.

RiverDog

Reaction score
It's going to take several weeks after he plays his first game before he's fully incorporated into our offense, but the impact of his return should start showing the minute he sets foot on the field as defenses will have to account for him and in doing so, should take some pressure off of guys like Rice and Tate.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":1d19euca said:
TNF is the corner, he's right around it.
well if thats true, that means that during the game yesterday, while walking into the kitchen staring back at the TV, I ran directly into Thursday Night Football and cut my friggin lip open at the same time our kicker decided to get a beat down. What a stupid place to put a TNF :)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think the best thing would be to bring him back for MNF. That gives him 11 days to get ready and a full week of practice before the game. You know Wilson and him would probably have a few extra practice sessions on those off days during the long break.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkFan72":yqa7b0cd said:
I think the best thing would be to bring him back for MNF. That gives him 11 days to get ready and a full week of practice before the game. You know Wilson and him would probably have a few extra practice sessions on those off days during the long break.

Yep. I'd put money on the Rams game.

We could use him Thursday night, but Pete always errs on the side of caution when it comes to players coming back from injuries...........especially a player of Harvin's importance to this team going forward.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Percy has got to be DYING to put on pads and suit up. I say get him in AS SOON AS HE'S READY, and have him full go before we get back to the CLink. He need to be a full participant by the time he gets 'home'.

RiverDog

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":12juf34i said:
Percy has got to be DYING to put on pads and suit up. I say get him in AS SOON AS HE'S READY, and have him full go before we get back to the CLink. He need to be a full participant by the time he gets 'home'.

Maybe he is. But I wouldn't make that assumption. When he first had his hip examined, he had a professional opinion that had he taken it, would have allowed him to play, but he chose to go get a second opinion which recommended surgery and 8 weeks off and he chose to accept it and went against our team's medical staff. There is the possibility that his heart isn't in the game. Only time will tell.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
RiverDog":7u7xhxsr said:
KARAVARUS":7u7xhxsr said:

Maybe he is. But I wouldn't make that assumption. When he first had his hip examined, he had a professional opinion that had he taken it, would have allowed him to play, but he chose to go get a second opinion which recommended surgery and 8 weeks off and he chose to accept it and went against our team's medical staff. There is the possibility that his heart isn't in the game. Only time will tell.

I honestly don't know what to say outside of thats ridiculous.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I doubt they'll rush Percy back. Glad to hear he's so close though.

Pick6

Reaction score
RiverDog":2pic1qid said:
KARAVARUS":2pic1qid said:

Consider that he isn't familiar with the team's medical staff, I don't see a problem with it.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
Just imagine Tate on one side, Harvin on the other.... Screen pass to Tate for 7 yards, screen pass to Harvin for 8 yards, Baldwin 8 yard slant, lynch up he middle for 7 yards, read option RW runs for 13 yards, and finish with a 25 harder to Rice who everyone forgot about was on the field. Lol.

It's gana be some fun Sundays when Harvin returns and they start clicking.. I say then the Seahawks will be doing rock-paper-scissors for touches and tds.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Listening to Pete on the radio this morning, he didn't sound very positive about Percy playing this week. Was saying that Percy was eligible but in this short week, we don't have any real "practice" time. They just basically walk the guys through and get ready for the game. To me, it sounds like we start to work him into the actual active roster for the Rams game at the earliest, but I suppose it never hurts to hold out that sliver of hope.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Seahawkx":3un8smoa said:
Just imagine Tate on one side, Harvin on the other.... Screen pass to Tate for 7 yards, screen pass to Harvin for 8 yards, Baldwin 8 yard slant, lynch up he middle for 7 yards, read option RW runs for 13 yards, and finish with a 25 harder to Rice who everyone forgot about was on the field. Lol.

It's gana be some fun Sundays when Harvin returns and they start clicking.. I say then the Seahawks will be doing rock-paper-scissors for touches and tds.

No, it's more like:

Lynch up the middle for 4
Pass to Harvin for 2
Incomplete pass to Willson
Punt

----

Lynch up the middle for 3
Pass to Tate for 9
Incomplete to Rice
Lynch to the right for 5
Lynch to the left for 3
Incomplete to Rice
Punt

----

Wilson to the right for 19
Lynch to the left for 14
Incomplete to Rice
Pass to Harvin for 8
Turbin to the left for 1
Punt

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1t8yucjs said:
RiverDog":1t8yucjs said:
KARAVARUS":1t8yucjs said:

I honestly don't know what to say outside of thats ridiculous.

I don't know what to say here... I mean, someone tells me I can play on it, if I still don't feel right, I'm asking someone else. There had to be a level of discomfort that led to it being looked at to begin with. I'm not going to throw Percy under any buses or make those assumptions until I see the finished product.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
SonicHawk":f5a6pdbn said:
Seahawkx":f5a6pdbn said:

No, it's more like:

Lynch up the middle for 4
Pass to Harvin for 2
Incomplete pass to Willson
Punt

----

Lynch up the middle for 3
Pass to Tate for 9
Incomplete to Rice
Lynch to the right for 5
Lynch to the left for 3
Incomplete to Rice
Punt

----

Wilson to the right for 19
Lynch to the left for 14
Incomplete to Rice
Pass to Harvin for 8
Turbin to the left for 1
Punt

This post is a ridiculous way of looking at things. This POST is. The post.