Harvin will PRACTICE Thursday -- try to play in game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'm not gonna read this whole thread but if anyone thinks that he doesn't have a chance to play and this is just some "strategy" ploy to force teams to plan for a guy who won't be on the field you're sorely mistaken. Roster spots especially at this point in the season are way too valuable to waste on that scenario, not to mention the fact that no team is going to dramatically alter nor spend an inordinate amount of time on their game plan over one guy who hasn't played all year long. The exchange ration of the value of a roster spot vs. the advantage that would give you is ludicrous and the NFL doesn't work that way, sorrrrrrrry.

He has a chance to play. Maybe he will make it. That would be great, and would give me a huge amount of optimism heading into the playoffs. If not we will just have to ho hum rely on the best defense in football playing in front of the best crowd in football and the best young QB in football managing with the options he has just like he's done since he's been here.

Basis4day

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":17kbivz6 said:
DavidSeven":17kbivz6 said:
Most recent tweet:

Percy Harvin ‏@Percy_Harvin 1m
And to all the haters who tried to kick when I was down ... Can't express how much fuel u added to my fire ....

.NET will gladly eat crow, Mr. Harvin. Gladly.

That's BS...to say you will gladly eat crow is a cheap cop out. To all those who did hate on the guy (and you know who you are).....it was classless and always will be. The man was injured, he is a hawk, yet you decide to kick him when he was down. Way to greet a new player to Seattle and show him the 12 love.

They're just upset that Pete had the gall to not allow access to Harvin's MRI's so they can forward to their father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate who is an orthopedist to shed some light on the situation and win the internet.

The fact is we fans didn't, still don't, and still won't have all the facts regarding Harvin. People believed what they wanted to believe.
Rather than looking at the facts and drawing a conclusion, perhaps look at if enough facts are available to even reach a conclusion.

Harvin still might not play again this year. But we don't know he won't.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Oh, and Pete has been trolling the whole league.. and it's absolutely awesome.

"Hey league, is that mustard on your shirt?"
(Rest of NFL and looks down)
(Pete zips up finger from shirt to face)
"Gotcha!"

Pete Carroll

Hawknballs

Reaction score
the idea that harvin somehow fooled pete and our FO so he could buy millions of dollars worth of bon bons and sit on the couch watching maury povich all day is another hilarious mythical scenario.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Oh and there's this too....

#
Percy Harvin ‏@Percy_Harvin 46m

And to all the haters who tried to kick when I was down ... Can't express how much fuel u added to my fire ....
Expand Collapse

#
Percy Harvin ‏@Percy_Harvin 1h

12's see u in 2 weeks ... It's go time once again
Expand

I hope to goodness that none of our very own .net members tweeted hate @ him.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
And how was the crap unwarranted?

The hatred/disdain was absolutely earned. There was a track record of issues for whatever reason and a complete lack of transparency/communication to complement the complete lack of results.

Sorry, but when you are making that kind of coin you produce, the salary cap is a zero sum game. When you make more money, someone else has to take less and someone else cannot be part of the team. So when you do not produce you steal potential production away in multiple areas.

This is especially true if you have barely played a game over a year and earned almost none of your paycheck so far. The way you earn your respect back, and remove the anger/hatred is to produce. Otherwise, yes, you are screwing over the team and you either have to make up for it later or know you did not earn what you got. And if you did not earn what you got then you have no right to complain when others complain about that.

I will be happy to be wrong, but to act like all the disdain and invective was not valid is ridiculous. With Harvin, we could have won at least one more game - which means we probably have Willson for the playoffs. It isn't all peaches and roses if he comes back.

He has to come back and make a difference in order to make up for what he has not done (but charged the team for) so far this year.

And yes, it did smell fishy, which is why I don't think it was unreasonable to be upset about it. His absence cost us games and potentially home field advantage in the playoffs. Remember that came down the final game.

What he can do is make up for it, but let us not try to pretend it was a ridiculous reaction on our part to be upset about the utter lack of contribution vs the cost.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Whether the rumour mill says Harvin is going to IR, returning to practice, playing in a game, not playing, joining The Avengers or retiring from the NFL to pursue a career in interpretive dance the best way to react remains the same, lets all keep chilled and just see what happens. :229031_chillpill:

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":ks53kh8z said:

The hatred/disdain was absolutely earned. There was a track record of issues for whatever reason and a complete lack of transparency/communication to complement the complete lack of results.

Sorry, but when you are making that kind of coin you produce, the salary cap is a zero sum game. When you make more money, someone else has to take less and someone else cannot be part of the team. So when you do not produce you steal potential production away in multiple areas.

This is especially true if you have barely played a game over a year and earned almost none of your paycheck so far. The way you earn your respect back, and remove the anger/hatred is to produce. Otherwise, yes, you are screwing over the team and you either have to make up for it later or know you did not earn what you got. And if you did not earn what you got then you have no right to complain when others complain about that.

I will be happy to be wrong, but to act like all the disdain and invective was not valid is ridiculous. With Harvin, we could have won at least one more game - which means we probably have Willson for the playoffs. It isn't all peaches and roses if he comes back.

He has to come back and make a difference in order to make up for what he has not done (but charged the team for) so far this year.

And yes, it did smell fishy, which is why I don't think it was unreasonable to be upset about it. His absence cost us games and potentially home field advantage in the playoffs. Remember that came down the final game.

What he can do is make up for it, but let us not try to pretend it was a ridiculous reaction on our part to be upset about the utter lack of contribution vs the cost.

You don't get it.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ucj4kbs said:

My takeaway from the bolded is that you're among the great unwashed who feel that everything that happens is an independent variable. Discuss.

Will I

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":n7zmrqd3 said:

Stop pissing in our wheaties!

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The Harvin situation has nothing to do with me or you or what anyone thought was going on.

It doesn't matter if you were right or wrong because nobody really knows what's going on, especially not Ian Rapoport or Adam Schefter or my next door neighbor.

I just hope he plays and we win the sexual SuperB owl.

(there John, I fixed it for you)

KK84

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1kx00fu3 said:

Hey guy, stop trying to ruin the first readable Harvin thread in months. Go jerk off or something.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
I guarantee Harvin sees the field at some point in these playoffs barring a freak injury in practice. He wouldn't have tweeted "it's go time once again" if there was only a 50:50 chance. Get your 11 jerseys ready!
:0190l:

And too the Percy haters, your fools for attacking his character and drive to be on the field, dude is a competitor who wants to win at all cost. Harvin is a Seahawk and will be for years to come, show love.

kidhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1mjky3jj said:

Just as much as you feel the Right to Hate on Harvin (or however you want to phrase it), others have the same right to hate the hate.

As for your assertion that we'd have Willson if Harvin had played more, is completely made up BS on your part. The guy is a backup TE, not the starter. If anything he'd have played more, although with Pete's philosophy, it's more likely than not that we'd have had the same personnel out there at that point anyway. The only risk to playing Harvin earlier is the inability to have a chance to play him now. We'll never know if he would be available now if they'd pushed him to play more earlier. All we do know is that he had a surgical procedure that many said would end his season and we still have a shot at him playing. These things come with the territory. It's not a player's fault that they can't play and not a single person that has any knowledge of the actual situation has said ANYTHING whatsoever to tell us that Percy isn't working his ass off rehabbing that hip so he can play.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you wait until next week to announce this, so the other team doesn't have time to game plan?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
lukerguy":1a62r0ah said:
Oh and there's this too....

#
Percy Harvin ‏@Percy_Harvin 46m

Expand Collapse

#
Percy Harvin ‏@Percy_Harvin 1h

12's see u in 2 weeks ... It's go time once again
Expand

I hope to goodness that none of our very own .net members tweeted hate @ him.
I did tweet I never lost faith that he would be playing in the real season (playoffs).

Will I

Reaction score
seahawk 17":z7lcxmpm said:
Why wouldn't you wait until next week to announce this, so the other team doesn't have time to game plan?

None of the other teams have time to game plan for the Hawks, they have to win this week first.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
seahawk 17":2zr3m2kk said:

the other team is planning for their wild card game this week. if you think they are fitting in some 'OMG HARVIN!?' time either way you're mistaken.

I really don't think there is as much subterfuge as a lot of people do when it comes to this kinda stuff.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":18qfwgfd said:
The Harvin situation has nothing to do with me or you or what anyone thought was going on.

It doesn't matter if you were right or wrong because nobody really knows what's going on, especially not Ian Rapoport or Adam Schefter or my next door neighbor.

I just hope he plays and we win the copulation superbowl.
THIS! Great post!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
seahawk 17":3bt62xan said:
Probably because of rules concerning playoff roster spots just like MLB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts