Harvin will PRACTICE Thursday -- try to play in game

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
I'm not even gonna say anything. I can't feel totally 100% right about my loud opinion in here that all the haters were in for the biggest truckload of crow we've ever seen, but I think I'm pretty close.

Actually.... to all the haters... I think we may need to thank you. Nothing like a team's own fanbase turning on an injured player to give him even more motivation than he had before. Especially a team that has clearly been super careful and had the ability to get home-field without him. You know, while he healed.

There's about to be some haters dangling from his sack, just as I predicted. Just a little later than I thought.

Go Hawks!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
lukerguy":3ri3ksnc said:
Oh and there's this too....

#
Percy Harvin ‏@Percy_Harvin 46m

And to all the haters who tried to kick when I was down ... Can't express how much fuel u added to my fire ....
Expand Collapse

#
Percy Harvin ‏@Percy_Harvin 1h

12's see u in 2 weeks ... It's go time once again
Expand

I hope to goodness that none of our very own .net members tweeted hate @ him.
I did tweet I never lost faith that he wouldn't be playing in the season (playoffs).

Russellmania3

Reaction score
Reading Harvins tweets , it's pretty clear he has spent some time reading seahawks.net

:2:

Raptor12

Reaction score
735.gif

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2nbnboku said:
And how was the crap unwarranted?

The hatred/disdain was absolutely earned. There was a track record of issues for whatever reason and a complete lack of transparency/communication to complement the complete lack of results.

Sorry, but when you are making that kind of coin you produce, the salary cap is a zero sum game. When you make more money, someone else has to take less and someone else cannot be part of the team. So when you do not produce you steal potential production away in multiple areas.

This is especially true if you have barely played a game over a year and earned almost none of your paycheck so far. The way you earn your respect back, and remove the anger/hatred is to produce. Otherwise, yes, you are screwing over the team and you either have to make up for it later or know you did not earn what you got. And if you did not earn what you got then you have no right to complain when others complain about that.

I will be happy to be wrong, but to act like all the disdain and invective was not valid is ridiculous. With Harvin, we could have won at least one more game - which means we probably have Willson for the playoffs. It isn't all peaches and roses if he comes back.

He has to come back and make a difference in order to make up for what he has not done (but charged the team for) so far this year.

And yes, it did smell fishy, which is why I don't think it was unreasonable to be upset about it. His absence cost us games and potentially home field advantage in the playoffs. Remember that came down the final game.

What he can do is make up for it, but let us not try to pretend it was a ridiculous reaction on our part to be upset about the utter lack of contribution vs the cost.

So to summarize...you're mad that he's hurt but still took a paycheck and based on stories drawn from the internet assume he's been cheating us the whole time?

Get a grip ffs....

Hate the trade. Hate Pete and John for doing it. You questioned a mans work ethic, character and basically accused him of lying. Hating the player for being hurt is why some on here look like petty arrogant a holes. Basing that on half stories out if Minnesota while ignoring others showed the lengths some would go.

This doesn't change anything for me. If he plays its really helpful. If he ends up not we basically do roll call now on those that will show up calling him all sorts

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
If he plays awesome! I think it's a ploy for our other opponents to have to game plan for him were he to play.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Lets hopes there fire to the smoke here! We are much better with him than not. If anything it will take heat off of Tate and Baldwin.

pmedic920

Reaction score
It's rare that I can add anything to a thread. This is the case once again.
I like most, hope he plays and helps us win, but will believe it when it happens.
GoHawks.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
But.. but.. per Hawkwow, Percy Harvin eats baby kittens and hates everyone and just wanted his check.

:lol:

Going to be so funny how many of the Percy haters fawn over him if he has a big play in the playoffs.

warden

Reaction score
Basis4day":qa91nh0i said:
ImTheScientist":qa91nh0i said:
DavidSeven":qa91nh0i said:
Most recent tweet:

Percy Harvin ‏@Percy_Harvin 1m
And to all the haters who tried to kick when I was down ... Can't express how much fuel u added to my fire ....

.NET will gladly eat crow, Mr. Harvin. Gladly.

That's BS...to say you will gladly eat crow is a cheap cop out. To all those who did hate on the guy (and you know who you are).....it was classless and always will be. The man was injured, he is a hawk, yet you decide to kick him when he was down. Way to greet a new player to Seattle and show him the 12 love.

They're just upset that Pete had the gall to not allow access to Harvin's MRI's so they can forward to their father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate who is an orthopedist to shed some light on the situation and win the internet.

The fact is we fans didn't, still don't, and still won't have all the facts regarding Harvin. People believed what they wanted to believe.
Rather than looking at the facts and drawing a conclusion, perhaps look at if enough facts are available to even reach a conclusion.

Harvin still might not play again this year. But we don't know he won't.

We have limited access to the facts, always have, but some posters cannot except that because they know everything and can act real intelligent by critizing the people who do know the facts (team officials) and know a 1000% more then they will ever know about the game. It is comical. I trust the people who have access to medical records, trainers, Doctors, talk to the players, the decision makers a he11 of a lot more then some internet poster. Some members of the media are beaching as bad as the know it all fans.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1ju7vs4j said:
And how was the crap unwarranted?

The hatred/disdain was absolutely earned. There was a track record of issues for whatever reason and a complete lack of transparency/communication to complement the complete lack of results.

Sorry, but when you are making that kind of coin you produce, the salary cap is a zero sum game. When you make more money, someone else has to take less and someone else cannot be part of the team. So when you do not produce you steal potential production away in multiple areas.

This is especially true if you have barely played a game over a year and earned almost none of your paycheck so far. The way you earn your respect back, and remove the anger/hatred is to produce. Otherwise, yes, you are screwing over the team and you either have to make up for it later or know you did not earn what you got. And if you did not earn what you got then you have no right to complain when others complain about that.

I will be happy to be wrong, but to act like all the disdain and invective was not valid is ridiculous. With Harvin, we could have won at least one more game - which means we probably have Willson for the playoffs. It isn't all peaches and roses if he comes back.

He has to come back and make a difference in order to make up for what he has not done (but charged the team for) so far this year.

And yes, it did smell fishy, which is why I don't think it was unreasonable to be upset about it. His absence cost us games and potentially home field advantage in the playoffs. Remember that came down the final game.

What he can do is make up for it, but let us not try to pretend it was a ridiculous reaction on our part to be upset about the utter lack of contribution vs the cost.

Or .. maybe .. just maybe.. he was legitimately trying to come back early, aggravated something, and the coaching staff elected to save him for the most valuable push of the year - the playoffs.

Nahhhhh Harvin's an a-hole and was just wanting to steal a check.

:roll:

i5roadrunner

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2wz8zvse said:
This should be a Percy Harvin poll question...Percy is about to make his first start back and she is in the kitchen begging you to watch her instead. Do you, A: Keep watching the game and wait until halftime or B: Go make bacon. :D

HawkWow

Reaction score
lukerguy":3p8y7cfo said:
Oh and there's this too....

#
Percy Harvin ‏@Percy_Harvin 46m

Expand Collapse

#
Percy Harvin ‏@Percy_Harvin 1h

12's see u in 2 weeks ... It's go time once again
Expand

I hope to goodness that none of our very own .net members tweeted hate @ him.

Why? Reading his tweet, it sounds like such "hate" "added fuel to (his) fire". LOL. He didn't say "thanks for hugging my sack, it added fuel to my fire". So with that, it looks like the "hate" served more purpose than the "love". Be grateful.

All this BS about "eating crow" is without merit unless directed at someone that said "he's definitely not going to play this year". And even that remains to be seen. I have been more anti-Harvin than anyone. Of course I will be happy if he lights it up...we gave a 1, 3 and 7 for him and an assload of cap. ...why shouldn't we benefit from that?

Like most, I never said I didn't like Harvin the player....I doubt a man alive has said those words. I have said repeatedly that I don't like Harvin the person and the fact he is finally going to play, in a meaningful game, does not change his past. So why would anyone be expected to eat crow for citing his numerous off field issues? That's just stupid. The majority of you would excuse Aaron Hernandez if he tweeted you a naked pic while wearing a Hawk helmet.

When Harvin can prove that all of his MANY transgressions were committed by his evil twin, then I will eat crow. Until then, Harvin and his cult following can STFU. He's done nothing to deserve such fanfare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts