Harvin will PRACTICE Thursday -- try to play in game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":jyaedr33 said:
Still I am skeptical, like when Mariners talk about signing a big time free agent but then it always ends up they sign that guy's 3rd cousin with the same last name. The "Harvin will be ready in X game" stuff just gets me bitter.

Robinson Cano....

Believe

kidhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":q8syquf1 said:
Kind of wierd because on Brock and Danny this morning he talked about Percy having the off season to heal up and come back next fall.

Maybe Pete's playing with opposing teams minds :D

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-harvin-will-practice-could-play-for-seahawks

Like I said above, I think pete's morning comments were alluding to getting him back at 100%. That just isn't going to happen this season, and I doubt it ever was a real possibility. That doesn't mean he can't possibly still play at something other than 100%, but with an entire off season to recuperate, that Pete believes Harvin will come back next year at the 100% level we all would love to see him at.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
My theory is this. I think Harvin's hip is getting better but the Hawks didn't want to play him one game (Rams or Cardinals) and have his hip flare up again rendering him useless for the rest of the season. Unless Pete believes he is 100%, I don't think they will use him unless they play the Panthers or 49ers and if you have to expend him than you use him for what I believe, is the last real obstacle. We can win the Super Bowl (Denver, New England who cares) without Harvin but if his hip is going to flare up at least use him against our best obstacle.

Basis4day

Reaction score
kidhawk":318oj7fv said:
ivotuk":318oj7fv said:
Kind of wierd because on Brock and Danny this morning he talked about Percy having the off season to heal up and come back next fall.

Maybe Pete's playing with opposing teams minds :D

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-harvin-will-practice-could-play-for-seahawks

Like I said above, I think pete's morning comments were alluding to getting him back at 100%. That just isn't going to happen this season, and I doubt it ever was a real possibility. That doesn't mean he can't possibly still play at something other than 100%, but with an entire off season to recuperate, that Pete believes Harvin will come back next year at the 100% level we all would love to see him at.

Semantics are important when trying to read between lines.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'll believe he plays when he plays. And I sincerely hope he makes it. However, that doesn't change anything that I've said about the situation. I've said that PC/JS would refuse to IR him. Even after Rap's bogus report, I knew they wouldn't do it. He will stay on the active roster no matter what.

No one knows anything else about what's happening behind the scenes. All I know is, to maintain the most flexibility this off-season, you keep him off IR. PC/JS are free to come up with ways to explain it to the media as they please.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
This morning I would have said 10% chance he plays this year, now 40? 50? Not any more than that.

BamKam

Reaction score
Percy Harvin ‏@Percy_Harvin 2m
12's see u in 2 weeks ... It's go time once again

Brett

Reaction score
I am just going to post this then go back and read the thread. HELL YEAH I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!! and parrish cox back to SF??? sloppy 3rds or 4ths anyone ? lol

Hawks46

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1565uz49 said:
So, Ian Rapaport's source is full of crap?

I'd say so. If the contract information that has been stated here is true, they wouldn't have IR'd him anyways, or he would've had all next year's salary guaranteed.

They've repeatedly said that there wasn't any damage; it was just sore. Seeing as he went back to NY to the doctor that operated on him and they said "no damage" it was just him getting comfortable with it.

If what everyone says about Harvin is true, now that the regular season is done, he'll show up. And next year, before TC, he'll have another sore something or another.

All cynicism aside, if Harvin can come back for the playoffs, it would be huge. Just the way AZ, SF and Indy played us won't work. You can line Harvin up against anybody they have (Peterson included) and he's get separation in 2 steps. He's a born blitz beater and our quick offense will suddenly bloom and thrive.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":1nyzh331 said:
They are going to shoot him up with cortisone and he'll play for three games and undergo clean up surgery the day after the Super Bowl.

At this point, with his injury, it is pain that limits him - nothing structural like an ACL tear.
This. They basically held him out just for this very situation. For the games that count. This changes everything.

grizbob

Reaction score
We don't need him for the playoffs save him for Super Bowl ;) :0190l:

Brett

Reaction score
where was this audio on 710 ? I would like to hear it and I don't see a new press conference on seahawks site ?

NinjaHawk38

Reaction score
Put that in your pipe and smoke it !!! Ok don't if you are a Player but BOOM I'm excited.

Seeker

Reaction score
Never been so happy to be so wrong. hope this is true.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Most recent tweet:

Percy Harvin ‏@Percy_Harvin 1m
And to all the haters who tried to kick when I was down ... Can't express how much fuel u added to my fire ....

.NET will gladly eat crow, Mr. Harvin. Gladly.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Brett":m17gq7m6 said:
where was this audio on 710 ? I would like to hear it and I don't see a new press conference on seahawks site ?

http://mynorthwest.com/category/sports_shows/

Depending on when it went, it will be in the Bob and Groz or Wyman Mike and Moore podcast.
Podcasts go up around 20 mins after the previous hour ended.

so 12pm-1pm podcast will be available around 1:20pm.

The morning interview was on Brock and Danny.

Pete's pressers are always available on seahawks.com in the video section.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3rlshsor said:
Scottemojo":3rlshsor said:
So, Ian Rapaport's source is full of crap?
Hard to believe.

Well, Schefter had said the Seahawks had no plan to IR him, so one of them had to be wrong.

chawx

Reaction score
Yep. Deal with it .NET'ers who think they know everything. Pete trolled you and the NFL hardcore. He knew all along that we didn't need Harvin to get the #1 seed, so he held him back and let him get healthy. Now, he's going to unleash him and we're about to see probably the most one-sided run to the Super Bowl that anyone has ever seen.

Remember that 3-game streak last year? Where we outscored the Bills, Cardinals, and 49ers 150-30 ? It's going to be like that, but I don't see how 3 teams will score more than 30 on us...maybe Denver will knock that total up to near 30, but seriously, this is exactly what I hoped was happening this whole time and it's looking like I'm not going to be disappointed.

Buckle up fellas (and fella-ettes) this rides about to go into TURBO-mode!

Status
Not open for further replies.