Harvin - "ailing hip"....(labrum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
If LaConfora is right I'm gonna shit myself. Interestingly, he praised the Harvin move more than any other national writer

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
cacksman":rd9xpuwb said:
I stopped following LaCanfora months ago on Twitter, don't remember why. Must have something to do with him being terrible at his job.
Reporters like LaConfora that report "breaking news" can basically claim whatever they want knowing there is a 33.33333% chance they will be right. LaConfora even has a fall back. If Harvin doesn't require surgery then he can say the 2nd doctor, despite the odds, miraculously cleared him to play.

In the end, LaConfora knows there's no harm in being really pessemistic about Harvin's return.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Seafan":3v9disc0 said:
It may have been torn before he signed the contract. It will be interesting to see if he gives the season a go or not.

So Surprising.

[Enter pessimistic thoughts on Harvin here]

I hope he's not hurt bad, I hope it's minor, I hope it doesn't require surgery. Ultimately I really hope it's nothing but seeing this in the news is just obnoxious.

Get well soon Harvin.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Giedi":3hfs48g4 said:
loafoftatupu":3hfs48g4 said:
From day one, I considered the Harvin thing a luxury because the Hawks didn't need him. He is a huge addition to an offense that is quite functional without him.

If he can play, great, if he needs surgery, then get on with it. It isn't like they lost their feature guy because outside of Leon, the same personel that no one could stop for 4 quarters and sometimes 1 quarter is still intact.

I think Harvin is going to be huge for Seattle, but his loss isn't going to set them back. Too many options, RW gives the ball to everyone. Tate, Rice and Baldwin are trouble for anyone. Where is Chop-Chop anyways?
I agree, if anything, that power run game will make it a lot easier for Harper to become effective. Seattle is still a very dangerous team with or without harvin.

And much like last year we will surely beat the shit out of you, with or without Harvin, because our QB is Russell Wilson and he wins.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm probably in the minority, but I don't mind the 49er fan presence. It's just part of having a rivalry. We should celebrate it, not run from it. And by "celebrate," I mean with 2x4's WWE style. Less whining, more shit talking!

Before I was at .net, I was a regular at a St. Louis Rams forum. This is back when the Rams and Seahawks were very much arch-rivals. I was pretty much the only seahawk fan there, and my presence was generally tolerated, but I got a lot of shit-talking thrown my way. It was just part of the fun. There were a few Rams homers there who were about as sharp as a sack of hammers- arguing with idiots is never fun- but the rest made for a pretty interesting dynamic. In other words, I don't think you have to worry about hurting anyone's feelings. These guys are here because they enjoy playful confrontation, which doesn't have to be a bad thing.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
Remember, we can get out if this deal after this year. If it's catastrophic, and they feel he won't be the same player, then we had a really unfortunate break come our way. Russell Wilson is such a monumental fortunate break, that we would need a dozen more doomsday Harvin scenarios to come close to balancing it out.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
So Rappaport and la Confora are basically reporting the 100% exact opposite thing about what the Seahawks doctors recommended for Harvin?

davidonmi

Reaction score
mjwhitay":520s7jag said:
Remember, we can get out if this deal after this year. If it's catastrophic, and they feel he won't be the same player, then we had a really unfortunate break come our way. Russell Wilson is such a monumental fortunate break, that we would need a dozen more doomsday Harvin scenarios to come close to balancing it out.
Are u positive we can get out of this deal, because the money is my concern

warden

Reaction score
Two comments

One, we don't know all the facts, I know it is boring to wait till the facts come in before you draw conclusions but that is the way I am going to approach this.

Two, good teams handle adversity,

Lady Talon

Reaction score
kearly":9w1mfdxp said:
I'm probably in the minority, but I don't mind the 49er fan presence. It's just part of having a rivalry. We should celebrate it, not run from it. And by "celebrate," I mean with 2x4's WWE style. Less whining, more shit talking!

Before I was at .net, I was a regular at a St. Louis Rams forum. This is back when the Rams and Seahawks were very much arch-rivals. I was pretty much the only seahawk fan there, and my presence was generally tolerated, but I got a lot of shit-talking thrown my way. It was just part of the fun. There were a few Rams homers there who were about as sharp as a sack of hammers- arguing with idiots is never fun- but the rest made for a pretty interesting dynamic. In other words, I don't think you have to worry about hurting anyone's feelings. These guys are here because they enjoy playful confrontation, which doesn't have to be a bad thing.

I don't mind arguing with them, rules should be laxed a little bit though, IMO. Have an argument with a group of them and the thread gets locked. I just stopped responding to them directly because of this, with a few exceptions.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
davidonmi":12gsh55b said:
mjwhitay":12gsh55b said:
Are u positive we can get out of this deal, because the money is my concern

2014 isn't guaranteed until day 5 of the waiver period, whenever that is. So, in theory, they have 5 days to cut him and they don't owe him.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Omg. Ship him back to Minnesota. Can we get our first rounder back? 3-13 best case scenario now. SMH.

Giedi

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":ulzb0o8l said:
Giedi":ulzb0o8l said:
loafoftatupu":ulzb0o8l said:
From day one, I considered the Harvin thing a luxury because the Hawks didn't need him. He is a huge addition to an offense that is quite functional without him.

If he can play, great, if he needs surgery, then get on with it. It isn't like they lost their feature guy because outside of Leon, the same personel that no one could stop for 4 quarters and sometimes 1 quarter is still intact.

I think Harvin is going to be huge for Seattle, but his loss isn't going to set them back. Too many options, RW gives the ball to everyone. Tate, Rice and Baldwin are trouble for anyone. Where is Chop-Chop anyways?
I agree, if anything, that power run game will make it a lot easier for Harper to become effective. Seattle is still a very dangerous team with or without harvin.

And much like last year we will surely beat the shit out of you, with or without Harvin, because our QB is Russell Wilson and he wins.
:bump: ...or it could be like October 18 last year. You guys will have some pretty good players that will be missing on that first matchup with the 49ers. As will the 49ers of course. It's going to be a good game. :mrgreen:

SeaTown81

Reaction score
drdiags":z0knlt99 said:
HOLLYWOOD":z0knlt99 said:
I'm not dismayed Doc, just trying to get some info on our boy and I'm littered with Kyle Williams stats. Not looking to ban anyone just a little pollution control. I know Darwin will eventually take out the trash anyway.

Agree that going off-topic (just like I did with this thread) happens a lot more than it should. I was also trying to let ST81 know why we have a larger number of rival fans visiting, since he went on haitus from here for awhile, besides hanging out on the Sonics thread. Figured he might have missed when the mods let us know what they were thinking a while back.

You pretty much nailed it, Doc.

I haven't really engaged in the site the way I used to for a while now. For a handful of reasons not really worth talking about. I haven't been totally absent, however. I still monitor the site. Just post a lot less. But that's beside the point. You're right in that I wasn't paying attention whenever it was that the mods decided to embrace the Niners fans. That's their own choice and their right, I guess. So I'll drop my opposition beyond this post.

I just don't quite get it. I come here to get Hawks news and discuss what's going on with my team. To talk with my fellow Hawks fans about our team. I don't come here to read every single thread devolve into a argument about Colin Kaepernick. Or to read fans who for the most part hate my team, go out of their way to argue and contradict everything our fans say. When I find myself rolling my eyes 3 times a thread due to Niner fans comments and shots taken at the Hawks, and then the responses that follow, I honestly start questioning why I'm spending time reading people such pointless dialog.

Paint me as someone who doesn't want to hear opposing thoughts all you want. But that is far from the truth. I'm all for opposing viewpoints and constructive debate. I absolutely abhor group-think and people who don't bother examining something with a critical eye. In fact, such prevailing attitude has caused me to less frequent another certain site of late. I hate homer fans who think their team can do no wrong. That the world is all roses pointing at them. That all said, the sort of constructive discourse I enjoy is next to impossible when it comes to rival football fans on the internet.

Let's be real here. We hate the Niners. The Niner fans hate us. For every one reasonable, cool Niner fan you attract, you're just going to get another 10 who only post here to argue and tell us off. And the exact same would be the case with Hawks fans on a Niner site. To me that's not a worthwhile trade off. Do you guys ever read user comments at ProFootballTalk? They are the PITCH PERFECT example of just how biased NFL fans are when it comes to their team, other teams, and especially teams they hate. You're more likely to find reasonable, level-headed folks at Tea Party & Occupy Wall Street rallies.

I'm all for debate. I'm all for critical thinking and challenging prevailing opinions. But the sort of debate and arguments you get with rival sports fans is the biggest waste of time, IMO. Neither side is willing to see the other. You do nothing but set yourselves up for never-ending circular arguments that never end. All you are really doing is providing a venue for pot shots and call outs. No SF fan will ever convince me that Harbaugh isn't the biggest prick in the world, or that Kaepernick isn't a ridiculous goof. Just the same as I won't be able to stop a SF fan from thinking his way. So why bother?! And if you can't be bothered, why do you want to read other people fail at attempting to get through to the other side, OVER AND OVER AND OVER?

I get that there's people who enjoy this sort of thing. It's just not why I frequent the best Seahawks site on the internet. If I wanted to read SF fans rag on my team over and over, there's a bunch of sites that specialize in that. I really don't see why a Seattle site needs to open itself up for that voice that already has it's own outlet. Then again, I also think there is absolutely no bigger waste a time than arguing on the internet. So maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm in the minority. If the internet has taught me anything, it's that people are drawn to confronting opinions that they disagree with. A lot of people spend a lot of their time fighting in circles with people who will never give their points the time of day. Guess that is fairly popular. To each his own. I am only one reader.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Lady Talon":244b93zx said:
kearly":244b93zx said:

I don't mind arguing with them, rules should be laxed a little bit though, IMO. Have an argument with a group of them and the thread gets locked. I just stopped responding to them directly because of this, with a few exceptions.

Agreed. It is always fun to "debate" a player, game or call. They can get heated but it is just passion and as long as its not personal attacks I am good with it.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Gotta love pre season. 16 pages of freak out. He's got about 5 months to rehab until we need him.

That is all.

Give me a healthy Harvin as a Christmas present and I will be good to go. 12/25/2013

SeaTown81

Reaction score
And for the record, there are a couple of solid Niner fans who post here. (feel free to think I'm talking about you.) Don't think they're all idiots or jerks. More of an intotality/sum of the parts type thing.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Are you guys really complaining about somebody trashing your team on the internet? Jesus. Grow a pair. Quit being bitches. Embrace the rivalry, quit wearing skirts. Some of the comments and crying around here is downright shameful. Its as if you never played competitive sports and dealt with trash talk. SMH

What really sucks is some of you complaining to the moderators. Talking about banning people cuz you can't handle what they said.

Thats embarrassing. Crying to the moderators.....disgusting.

S.A.S.F

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":12z5ygig said:
Are you guys really complaining about somebody trashing your team on the internet? Jesus. Grow a pair. Quit being bitches.

So those unnamed reasons I was talking about in response to Doc.

Gotta love the deep thinkers.

:white_flag:

Status
Not open for further replies.